Chris Christensen 35 Pin Brush

malisa1

Hi We have not had a show since Mid November (bald Akita's) and in preparation for the up coming shows I opened my show kit to find to my horror that my near new hardly used CC Pin Brush has all Rusty pins !

Was expensive and was hoping to use it for many years !

Any Ideas I thought about cleaning with steelo but pins are gold ?

My show kit is waterprooof and sealed tight and kept in side and do not have problems with moisture in our house ?

Maybe the fluff out did it ?

But we only use fluff out in conjunction with blaster so brush is always dry not wet when put away !

Any Ideas ??

Thanks

Malisa

Can you send it back for a refund or exchange Malisa? I was thinking seriously about getting one of those but I won't now. Maybe you could try emailing or calling whoever you got it from and explaining? Do you still have the reciept? What a bummer.

They appear to offer a warranty on their website but you may have a fight on your hands to prove that the pins were always dried before the brush was stored.

Still, it would be far cheaper for them to replace your brush than to suffer the loss of all potential DOL first-time or return customers :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Hi Every one and thanks for the advice.

I bought this brush in April 2007 and have only used it at shows for about 15 mins each time while blowdrying at shows and before going in the ring.

I like the brush it is great so I was so upset when found all pins rusty.

Great Brush :(

To my recollection I only used this brush a total of 12 times :rofl:

Look I was not expecting 5 years out of it but 2 or 3 would have been great.

My Mason and Pearson Brush although bristle and nylon is still going strong at 2 nearly 3 years.

Like new almost.

And it gets used a LOT ! Daily sometimes.

I, like all you guys look after my stuff as we do not have the money to throw around and waste.

My mum always jokes with me that I spend lots of money on our Akita's and Craig (hubbie) never says a word :D

I try and buy good quality stuff that will last.

I emailed the company I bought it from and they gave me a link to CC site.

I have emailed all correspondence to them.

If I do not have any sucess they will sell me another pin brush at reduced price, so I suppose that it good of them.

But would have liked replacement as I have not mistreated brush at all :rofl:

And I have not ever put it away wet.

My first slicker brush I bought for Bella is still going strong.

Pin brushes are supposed to be better for lifting coat that is why I bought the deluxe model :D

See what happens I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the replys.

If anyone knows how to get rust off easily let me know!

Kind Regards

Malisa

Does the fluff out bottle list the ingredients?

My brush gets wet all the time and I don't take *that* much care with making sure its dry afterwards. Its never rusted.

HI Ari

I will have look but I have used Davis Fluff out for 4 plus years no problem with the Combs, or slickers but all are stainless steel or chrome :D

Fluff out popular stuff.

With the double coated breeds as a pre ring finisher great stuff :(

I think it may be that the pins are coated gold to look flashy but not practical ??

Not sure of this though.

I may be wrong may have got a Friday brush :D Not Funny really at $63.95

Not a lot of money I know but it is the term of use and care I have given this brush.

Thanks

Malisa

• 2 weeks later...

Well

After a couple of emails to the manufacturer ( I did a fair bit of complaining) and sent photos.

I am pleased to announce that CC Systems have agreed to replace the brush free of charge thru where I purchased it from :)

I already have the replacement and just have to send the faulty one back.

A great result and a very happy customer.

:rofl:

Thanks CC Systems and Pet network of course for all their support. :rofl:

Malisa