• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi rmc,

Just saw your post, sorry. Yes I did get a couple of the old man over easter - they are on the PC inside and I will post a couple later for you. Thanks for asking about him.

Just an update on the lad.

Well he thinks he is a teenager again and has taken to stealing things - my slippers, the tea towel, my bath mat etc. He just wants you to chase him - lol...

He is very well at the moment and still cheeky. He is happy to let me know I am 5 minutes late with his dinner with a loud woo woo. He is always up for a fight with the boys or a cuddle on the lounge with me. He gets up every morning around 7am to go for his walk at the park - someone once told me that dogs don't know what time it is... Ollie does, he knows when it is dinner time, bed time, time for tablets and time for his morning walk and he lets you know (just in case you might forget after 12 years of the same routine)...

He has a birthday coming up soon (12/6) and he will be 12 years old.

His health is well and the cancer is still in the longest remission known to veterinary science - touch wood it stays that way.

He handled the toe removal really well, had a couple of bad days and then bounced back like he has each time we put him through more.

My little trooper - he is such an amazing animal and with everything he has been through, still has the ability to love everyone like it is his last day on earth...

Well he thinks he is a teenager again and has taken to stealing things - my slippers, the tea towel, my bath mat etc. He just wants you to chase him - lol...

My little trooper - he is such an amazing animal and with everything he has been through, still has the ability to love everyone like it is his last day on earth...

He sure is amazing, no doubt about that. Bless him.

I love the teenage pranks, you can't help but laugh at them.

It's so good to hear he's doing so well, I've been thinking about him a lot lately.

Whata boy! :thumbsup:

Hi Staffyluv, I often think of Ollie and am always delighted when I drop in here and see that he's still going strong. It is comforting to know that cancer isn't always a death sentence.

Thanks CnR, Clover and Nell...

I am a big believer in the power of positive thoughts and I know that Ollie has lots out there for him, so he continues to do well.

He is doing really well and I keep meaning to take the camera when we go out but keep forgetting, so will try to get some updated pics of the old man this weekend sometime.

He is looking old now but still acts like a loon - typical staffy, only two speeds - flat out and asleep. Although it is mostly asleep these days, he is well and truely retired...

Thanks for the thoughts

Jodie and Ollie dog

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday old man - 12 years old today... :thumbsup:

All the kids will be home on Sunday night and he is having steak and kidney - his fave but he does not get it much anymore as it is a bit rich for his tummy these days, but a little on his birthday won't hurt. I am going out to find some poor stuffed toy that he can demolish for his birthday later today...

I can't believe I am so lucky enough to still have the company of this dog - he is nothing short of amazing. Diagnosed in late 2008 with grade 2 MCT, no clear margins and multiple tumour sites - well we are just very lucky, or he has a guardian angel...

Just wanted to share with you all today.

Happy Birthday old man - 12 years old today... :thumbsup:

All the kids will be home on Sunday night and he is having steak and kidney - his fave but he does not get it much anymore as it is a bit rich for his tummy these days, but a little on his birthday won't hurt. I am going out to find some poor stuffed toy that he can demolish for his birthday later today...

I can't believe I am so lucky enough to still have the company of this dog - he is nothing short of amazing. Diagnosed in late 2008 with grade 2 MCT, no clear margins and multiple tumour sites - well we are just very lucky, or he has a guardian angel...

Just wanted to share with you all today.

Happy Birthday Ollie. :( I hope his guardian angel stays with him for years to come.

Fantastic news that he is doing so well Staffyluv.

Good grief.. i just cannot believe that i am so late sending happy Birthday greeting to my very favourite staffy....

So dear Ollie Dog imagine me dancing about singing happy birthday dear ollie in the rain...

love ya old man

Helen

Edited by dogbesotted

Oh thanks Helen - he had a nice day and was spoilt more than usual...

He is a bit flat today - I am sure tomorrow he will be back to normal. I have noticed he gets a bit flat if he can't go for a walk, so I need to make sure he gets out every day, even if it is raining and cold and I don't want to go...

Jodie sorry I wasn't around to wish Ollie a very Happy 12th Birthday, I am so pleased to hear he is still doing so well it brings such a smile to my face :mad

Give that gorgeous guy of yours a big hug from us all here :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Helen,

He is well and fighting fit at the moment. He just had a big weekend as we had lots of family and friends here for the youngest son's 18th birthday, so he loved having all the extra people around for his patting pleasure...

I will have to get some updated photo's of him and post them up soon..

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts, I really believe all the positive thoughts he gets from all over the place is what keeps us going.

Hope your lot are doing as well as can be expected.

Take care

Jodie