Mast Cell Cancer

Staffyluv

Poor old man, as i said on FB, it took ages for my old boy to get over the removal of the cancer on his foot - it was actually after that operation i told them they were not touching him again, the pain he was in was heartbreaking to watch :rolleyes: he was 10 at the time, and lived till he was 14.

Give him another hug for me, and you can have one too :eek:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor old man, as i said on FB, it took ages for my old boy to get over the removal of the cancer on his foot - it was actually after that operation i told them they were not touching him again, the pain he was in was heartbreaking to watch :rolleyes: he was 10 at the time, and lived till he was 14.

Give him another hug for me, and you can have one too :love:

I know teebs - he has bad much bigger tumour removals than this but they did take the toe (I can't imagine what that feels like).

He is not doing very well with it - he does seem to be in a bit of pain. I hate seeing him in pain.

Ollie will be 12 on June 12th this year. They are not touching him again after this one - I think we will all just have to come to terms with the fact that he is terminal and we can't just keep patching him up.

Thanks all and he is getting plenty of hugs :eek: and a few too many biscuits at the moment. I just found number 2 son and him sitting on the lounge, the kid is dunking biscuits in milk and the dog is eating them - well half for the kid and half for the dog...

Yay, he has been up since 6.30 and walked to his bowl with very little limping. He wanted breakfast and was very vocal about it all...

I am thinking he is on the mend and that the pain is easily dealt with now.

So glad to hear he is on the mend :thumbsup: Go Ollie dog :wave:

A quick update on this amazing Stafford...

Well his spark is well and truely back... He has had the youngest son and a few of his mates rough housing with him this afternoon and he had me on my toes trying to get my tea towel back off him this morning... I think he is very bored being locked up inside and not being able to go to the park yet (I dare say it will be a couple more weeks before that is allowed though.

My boy is the most amazing dog - with everything that he has been through, he can still play like a puppy.

Off to the vet at 11am to get the crazy dogs bandage changed again.

He is starting to go crazy being stuck at home. He can go out he back but there is not much yard but he normally goes to the park every day and has not been for a week tomorrow... I wake up every morning to a staffy with a squeaky toy - this morning was 6am...

Had a good report from the vet yesterday. Ollie is not even limping anymore - amazing. Even the vet was impressed.

So I asked if he could start walking at 'his' park again and the vet said yes as long as we keep his bandage dry.

This morning we were up early, wrapped his little foot in a sandwich bag and taped it up and off we went - such a happy boy today.

He had his stitches out this morning and he is walking around without any bandage on it as though nothing has happened - he is such a brave boy...

He has not even attempted to lick it either. The vet said if he licks it too much he will have to have an elizabethan collar on...

I am taking it easy this easter break and plan on giving the camera a good workout - so I will have some updated pics of the boy to post soon

Another huge thanks for the good vibes and support from our DOL friends. Not only does it make me feel better about everything but I am sure it is what keeps him well - all those positive thoughts out there in the universe for him...