What Treats Does Everyone Use In Training, Agilitys Etc?

I use the lunch meat rolls for most things, occasionally liver or kabana.

For flyball comps i actually use dim sims, its the only time ever they get them and one boy in particular adores them which is what led me to only use them when he competes :laugh:

People laugh when i tell them what i use but hey if it works it works and i dont laugh at them using a tug toy :confused:

My treat bags for Delta's training usually have a mixture of frankfurts, cheese, cabanossi, cat kibble, those natures gift treats, and water cracker biscuits. Sometimes I throw in some chicken if I have it. I find that if the dog knows what treat is coming it can choose whether or not to work for it. Keeping a variety means that you are as surprised as the dog at what you pull out each time.

Charlie generally wont work for food but he will do anything you ask if you have a tennis ball in your hand. So, his reward is a toss of the ball when he finishes a course. I even have a little tennis ball that I use for obedience, whenever there is a slight break in training (even 10secs is fine) I chuck it into his mouth once or twice.

You can't throw anything at flyball which had me stumped for a while. Then I discovered that he LOVES the dried chicken breast pieces (Kramar brand) that have just started appearing in the supermarkets. He prefers them to his tennis ball at the moment so I use them for flyball comps. I don't use them at training as I would rather keep them as the really special treat.

Thats great, thanks everyone - i never thought of being so inovative! I love the idea of salami sausage, cheese and lamb lung! Im going to go shopping now! She actually really loves food and treats, but i wanted something she will get super enthused about - so ill try these ideas!

For flyball comps i actually use dim sims, its the only time ever they get them and one boy in particular adores them which is what led me to only use them when he competes

People laugh when i tell them what i use but hey if it works it works and i dont laugh at them using a tug toy

Hey I didnt laugh, I thought it was such a good idea that I use them too now! :laugh:

You can buy 1 kg packs of roast chicken meat already cut up and frozen in some supermarkets (Coles). I find this easy to leave in the freezer. When getting ready to go out I grab some and put in a zip-lock bag. It defrosts by the time I am ready to use it. I have also used cut up cheerios and dog meat rolls.