Mid Range Dog Foods

I know this subject has been done to death! but I am seeking opinions on mid range dog foods i have been feeding bonnie adult to my lot for several years now; but I feel there are to many grains; hence large volumes of poo!!!! any advise most welcome thanking you all in antisipation :thumbsup:

Optimum is a good mid-range food - my dogs have done very well on it. Unfortunately many stockists now don't carry the large bags so I'm having to buy Advance and spin it out with a raw mix I make myself.

I am getting great results with Great Barko & Uncle Albers

These are really cheap at our local supply store- about $25 for 20kg. My dogs liked it but it had a few cm of dust in the bottom of the bag (possibly a storage problem at the store, dunno?) and I wasn't fond of the smell of it. Last time I was at the store, the guy described it as a "semi-dry" food (i.e. more moisture content).

My bigger dog is more sensitive to food and does well on a mix of raw meaty bones and Purina One dry food. It's about $28 for 7kg at the supermarket.

The mini poodle was fine on Supercoat, though many say they get awful poo problems with it.

All trail and error.

My dogs teeth are much better with bones to chew. They love chicken necks/ carcass, turkey necks, brisket bones etc. so I feed these also.

Probably 60-80% dry, plus raw atm.

Edited by Poodle wrangler

I've got Bonnie Puppy for Gypsy, she is doing really well on it. City farmers had a promo on so I thought I'd give it a go.

I tried Supercoat (Puppy) for a while, but she poo'd a lot and it smelt rancid!

I've also tried Purina One, that was pretty good too.