Dogmania

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC4Me, if I can do it in 3 weeks, anyone can :rolleyes: . Most of the girls who have been convinced to compete train with us on a Tues night & are the same as me & havent got a routine together yet. We are looking at only doing a routine of about a minute to some edited music, 1 min of doggy dancing isnt that hard :) :rolleyes: .

Tassie, its on a long weekend up here, but the doggy dancing isnt on until the Monday.

maybe next time.. but you can be assured i will be there to watch and cheer you on :eek:

BC4Me, if I can do it in 3 weeks, anyone can :) . Most of the girls who have been convinced to compete train with us on a Tues night & are the same as me & havent got a routine together yet. We are looking at only doing a routine of about a minute to some edited music, 1 min of doggy dancing isnt that hard :) ;) .

Tassie, its on a long weekend up here, but the doggy dancing isnt on until the Monday.

maybe next time.. but you can be assured i will be there to watch and cheer you on :laugh:

You mean laugh at me!!! :laugh::):eek::laugh:

Still no routine, nothing like flying by the seat of your pants :D .

• 2 weeks later...

Dogmania is here!!!!!!!!! :mad:rofl::rainbowbridge::party::mad:rock::mad:party::cheer: :D :(:party:

I will be at the Dances with Dogs competing with Jarrah on Monday in the Starters Solo section for anyone who wants to come & say hi, Jarrah is very easy to spot, he's the only red kelpie competing in Dances with Dogs section & will have a sparkly black & gold collar on. After the Dances with Dogs I will probably be spectating over at the Canine Disc cheering all the finalists in the Australian Canine Disc National Championships. I will also be there on Sunday at 11am for one of the demos but only as a spectator.

So who else is going? I see that Hugapug has a stall there, who else is competing or going as a spectator?

Wishing you and Jarrah a great and successful debut, MrsD. Is someone going to be videoing your performance? Will we get to see it? I"m sure Jarrah will do you proud.

Thank you Tassie I was feeling confident that we would at least get through our routine without embarrassing ourselves as I have him working fairly well, but I found out this morning that we are performing right next to the agility ring & agility is set to start at the same time as us, so Im afraid I have no hope. At least everyone will get to have a good laugh at my expense :rainbowbridge: . Dagboy will be there videoing & it will no doubt go up on YouTube, so the whole world will get to see it too, don't worry you wont miss out :mad

Edited by MrsD

Thanx 2tollers, I will see what I can do about pics :( , if mine arent't much chop Rod the Petographer will be there taking photos as well, so there should be plenty on his site too.

Well we managed to get 4th today, Jarrah got bitten badly about 20 secs into the routine & finished the rest of it on 3 legs :laugh: & missed a few moves, so I think we did well to get 4th considering it was our first competition. Also got lots of positive comments on the routine itself & Jarrah working from the judges afterwards so that was nice :laugh: .

didn't get to see the doggy dancing today , but did see the demos yesterday...

managed to get into the canine disc finals :) with my choc BC Coco who also gained her FDA title over the weekend

and got a place in the Snooker(agility) final with my old boy Buddy... Buddy also managed to gain a clear round in the Snooker on sat morning with a second place which got us into the finals and it was also the final pass he needed for his AAGD(aust Agility Games Dog) Title- we have been wanting this for 2 years... he also got two 4th places in Jumpers and Gamblers... he now only need one more Agiltiy pass for his MAAD title which will also give him his AAC title(Aust Agility Champion)

all in all it was an awesome weekend of doggy sports, and lots and lots of great stuff on sale for our pampered pooches...

nothing else to say excpet it was a totally awesomw weekend i am completly stuffed wishing i didn't have to go to work tomorrow, luckily have next weekend off to recuperate...

Well we managed to get 4th today, Jarrah got bitten badly about 20 secs into the routine & finished the rest of it on 3 legs :mad & missed a few moves, so I think we did well to get 4th considering it was our first competition. Also got lots of positive comments on the routine itself & Jarrah working from the judges afterwards so that was nice :mad .

Congratulations. 4th place sounds pretty good to me. :) What bit Jarrah?

bordacollies4me - Congratulations to you too. It sounds as though you you had a busy weekend. :mad

Bordacollies4me, ahhhh now I know who you are, congratulations to you & to Tony as well for getting into the final in the disc & for your agility successes, well done!! :mad

2tollers, thank you, we're pretty sure it was a green ant as I found out later that there were some nests out there. The problem was that we were kept waiting standing in position for probably close to a minute before we started the routine because there was a problem with the music & we think that's when the ant got on him. He got bitten right up between his pads underneath his foot, I think what's happened is that it's got up in there & bit him a number of times which is why it was so sore for so long. I was just pleased that he kept on working for the rest of the routine even if it was on 3 legs :) most dogs would have shut down & wouldnt have kept working Im sure.

Edited to fix up the name!

Edited by MrsD

My My but who did I spy at the Dogmania............ :rofl:

I saw your routine and saw Jarrah :rofl: but it was great that you both continued on with the routine.

Congrats to everyone who entered. :(

post-2971-1210035392_thumb.jpg

post-2971-1210035417_thumb.jpg

post-2971-1210035437_thumb.jpg

post-2971-1210035457_thumb.jpg

My My but who did I spy at the Dogmania............ ;)

Ooooooh why didn't you come over & say hi afterwards? :p

I saw your routine and saw Jarrah :)

It wasn't that bad was it? :(

Those pics are great, thank you! Eddie took the video but Im usually the one with the camera & he couldnt do both, so it's nice to see some pics :) . I watched the video, erkkkk my handling was absolutely shocking :rofl: it didn't look much like dancing :) . My signals were really bad & so obvious & I have no idea why I had my hand stuck on my left hip for most of the routine, it's left over from obedience days I think ;) :rofl: . At the beginning I took off up the ring like a freight train was after me or something, I think i just wanted to get moving in case he took off to the agility again :D . But anyway we can only get better, like I said to someone else, I guess it wasn't bad since 3 weeks ago I didn't even know it was on let alone have a routine :rofl::) .

Oh & apologies that I used your name in an earlier post when I was talking to Bordacollies4me, I edited it so people wouldnt think I was talking to you when I wasn't.

Edited by MrsD

Ooooooh why didn't you come over & say hi afterwards? :rofl:
I saw your routine and saw Jarrah :rofl:

It wasn't that bad was it? :(

Oh & apologies that I used your name in an earlier post when I was talking to Bordacollies4me, I edited it so people wouldnt think I was talking to you when I wasn't.

I didn't come over cause you looked busy and I didn't want to bother you...

I meant to say I saw Jarrah get bit by the ant :rofl: Your routine was quite good.

No apology neccessary I knew who you meant

Jarrah looks so happy (he is always happy) and the photos are great, you will have to get hard copies MrsD ready for your brag bag.

Remember it's Mothers day this weekend. :(