Upset Tummy Reaction To:

Our 3.5 month old pup had been eating his faeces recently, read up on here about using a little pineapple to deter him, added a little to his food yesterday.

He was wormed on Monday with sentinel spectrum for the first time. We have been using SS on the others, including Maddie who is 7 months with no problems.

Last night Rocco had the most awful upset tummy, huge splodges and then squirts, :laugh: he has been very lethargic today.

Has anyone fed pineapple to a puppy and had this reaction?

how much protein is in his diet? try a lower protein formula and feed him smaller meals - less poo and less undigested protein unless he has a digestion problem, or as has been mentioned an enzyme deficiency.

Pineapple and the juice can be very acidic, I wouldnt be feeding it to a dog that small

Our 3.5 month old pup had been eating his faeces recently, read up on here about using a little pineapple to deter him, added a little to his food yesterday.

He was wormed on Monday with sentinel spectrum for the first time. We have been using SS on the others, including Maddie who is 7 months with no problems.

Last night Rocco had the most awful upset tummy, huge splodges and then squirts, :) he has been very lethargic today.

Has anyone fed pineapple to a puppy and had this reaction?

Hi :)

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DH fed (I didn't realize) Joey some pineapple on a pizza he had once..

Later i had to take Joey to the vets just for a general checkup. I was about to leave, and next Joey does does this massive heave and vomited chunks of pineapple all over the vet's floor, and started shaking all over ! eeeek! He looked miserable, so the vet decided i should leave him there for a couple of hours, so they could keep an eye on him .. What a major drama just over some pineapple vomit !! lol. The vet said at the time to me I shouldn't be feeding him pineapple,(especially since he has a sensitive stomach at the best of times). I was embarrassed about the whole thing, as i never feed them pineapple !! :(

It wasn't till later i told DH about it, and he said what he had fed him. I made him pick Joey up from the vets! LOL. He came back home saying the vet had given him a little lecture :(

Joey wasn't a puppy tho, he probably would have been around 14 months at the time i think..

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs