Laxative Needed Urgent

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a small size syringe a few mls edible oil up the anus (sorry, tried to think of a nicer way to say it) is almost as good as a microlax. I would be really careful though, obviously trying to pass a sharp or large object is painful and sometimes plain impossible. Depending on the true cause of constipation mechanical lubrication will not always work. If he hasn't passed anything by morning I would be getting a vet opinion. Hope he has relief soon.

Anything you feed him will take a while to work -- remember it has to pass through the dog before it does any good.

In the meantime, go to the day and night chemist and buy some Microlax - use it now and keep the rest for next time.

It will work immediately.

Why is he constipated? Try giving him sunflower or corn oil in his food a couple of times a week, or sardines.

Guest Panterka
Chopper is constipated because he ate a poodle. 26512533290.gif

Don't be silly :(

Being a true landshark, Chopper only eats toddlers.

D'oh!

There is NO WAY I would be walking a dog after giving it any form of poo looseners :( Picking that up in a bag is going to be messy and nasty. ;)

Best let them do it in the far corner of the yard and wait a day for it to harden a little.

There is NO WAY I would be walking a dog after giving it any form of poo looseners :( Picking that up in a bag is going to be messy and nasty. ;)

Best let them do it in the far corner of the yard and wait a day for it to harden a little.

You chicken!!!! Better out than in I say. :rofl:

Maybe she's still picking up after him. I did warn her to take lots of bags :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan