Pups Milking Mum Dry...

Damon

To address the other issues, no, I'm not a breeder. Yes, she was getting desexed. Yes, it was a mistake not getting her done. There were other issues going on and it took a back seat in the priorities. Yes, nature took it's course, and she fell pregnant.

Twice.....

Yes, such an unplanned mistake :rofl:

I will comment in this thread, thanks :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: oh joy, another bundle of byb staffy pups - have you looked in the trading post and pounds lately? more staffy X's & byb staffys than you can poke a stick at.

I do hope you seriously look at juvenile desexing before you sell them.

Registered staffy breeders - the big difference is specific health tests for the parents.

I can forgive 'one of' mistakes, but not byb for $$'s.

fifi

There's a lot of people on their high horse in this forum, you know who you are. Just because someone isn't registered, it doesn't mean you still can't offer support through advice when someone wants the best for their pets.

Oh, and hey - you know that High Horse I'm on? Yeah, well it has a hell of a lot to do with the fact that the pups you produce are bred from generations of dogs who have not undergone appropriate health and genetic testing to ensure that pups produced are as healthy as possible. The pups produced by people such as yourself have a very high potential of being ticking time bombs just waiting to break the hearts of the poor suckers who buy them from you.

As for that high horse - at least my high horse is made of ethics and morals, and on trying to do the absolute best by my breed of dog and the people who purchase pups from me. I take absolute pride in that :(

What about your high horse? What's it made of? Because, despite what you seem to think, you are on quite a high horse yourself :)

If you want to be a dog breeder, I dont understand why you don't get a kennel prefix, purchase a couple of good breeding dogs (that have had all there health tests ) go to dog shows, buy books on dog breeding & do everything morally & ethically. I am sure you will gain alot more respect if you did all these things. I am a newbie breeder too & have made sure of doing everything the right way, so I get very annoyed when I read BYB"S bragging about their new litter of puppies. :rolleyes:

I think you have some nerve coming onto DOL ( knowing full well how most members feel about BYB"S ) & asking for advice IMO. :laugh::laugh:

ETA : I'm not on my high horse either & have every right to post my opinion in this thread if I want to, as I'm sure every one would agree with me that BYB"S are a no no in the DOL community.

Edited by Baileys mum

I think you have some nerve coming onto DOL ( knowing full well how most members feel about BYB"S ) & asking for advice IMO. :rolleyes: :laugh:

In the stafford thread he was trying to sell them, told everyone they were up for grabs, his words not mine, he even had them for sale in his signature.Then when we found out he was a BYB he said they were all sold to people he knew and this was only like a day later. He says the first litter was an accident coz he didnt get round to desexing her and then he has a second litter straight after the first one on her very next heat :cool: So many different stories :laugh:

Oh woe is me. Reading the replies is better than watching the Oprah show... I'm gonna get some popcorn.

And I'm gonna report you for trolling. :rolleyes:

Ignore him people - he's clearly trying to provoke responses now.

Edited by poodlefan

Oh woe is me. Reading the replies is better than watching the Oprah show... I'm gonna get some popcorn.

:rolleyes: and you think your quite clever taking us for a ride - I just find you a sad insult to dedicated breeders who have carefully nutured the breed by doing the right thing.

you have been given information to do the right thing, but would rather f*ck up the breed rather than better it.

fifi

I laugh at you guys. Why do you care so much about something that doesn't concern you? You can't change anything, and you're obviously only feeding off each others dramatics.

Seriously, the only people here that are trolling are those that continue to bump this thread back up to have their little whinge.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread. It's run it's course.

Edited by Damon

Unfortunately it may end up concerning a lot of people. Rescuers could quite possibly be fostering your puppies or their offspring from the pounds in the future. And vets and nurses might be treating them for genetic problems that weren't tested for...

And these days puppy buyers can and will sue for anything. So beware, if you haven't at least tested for L2-HGA and HC, it may well come back to haunt your hip pocket.

and yes, carriers have been identified in this country and there is a very real chance that you could have done a carrier to carrier mating.

And these days puppy buyers can and will sue for anything. So beware, if you haven't at least tested for L2-HGA and HC, it may well come back to haunt your hip pocket.

and yes, carriers have been identified in this country and there is a very real chance that you could have done a carrier to carrier mating.

You assume an awful lot....

You assume an awful lot....

So you know both parents or at least one are clear ?

You have spent the money and eye tested your dog and bitch ?

You have hip scored both parents ?

Hey Warley, do breeders test pups for the eye thingy before they go to their new homes? Or is it something that has to be done when they are more mature?

They can be tested before 8 weeks and then at intervals during their lifetime.

ETA: depending on the deal you can get, it's about $50-$80 a puppy.

Edited by Warley

Hey Warley, do breeders test pups for the eye thingy before they go to their new homes? Or is it something that has to be done when they are more mature?

They can be tested before 8 weeks and then at intervals during their lifetime.

ETA: depending on the deal you can get, it's about $50-$80 a puppy.

Thanks.

Do most breeders - registered ones - test this prior to the pups going home?