Purchase Price

Golden Nut

Hello,

Im interested in purchasing a Golden Retriever shortly.

I would like to purchase a pedigree puppy from a reputable breeder.

Can anyone tell me what I should reasonably expect to pay?

Also, if anyone is able to reccommend a breeder I would be grateful. Im in Brisbane.

Thanks heaps.

$950.00 seems to be average, in Melb at least.

That's about how much we paid for our pup, though 3 months down the line we've shelled out at least another 2K on food, toys, insurance, bedding, shots etc :(

Thanks all for your responses. I had been quoted $1000 and wasnt sure if this price was average.

Its been 8 years since my golden retriever passed away (lived to 13yrs) and Im a bit out of touch.

Cheers.

Tess' think you will find they are common as they are a very popular breed.

Good luck with finding your puppy, make sure appropriate health testing is completed on parents especially if paying that kind of money for your new pup.

Hi, I paid $1200 for a show quality bitch puppy 2 yrs ago.. this is a little higher than average I believe but I wanted a pup from this particular kennel. A friend who breeds goldens in S.A charges $800 for a pet puppy on limited register.

I'm surprised how pricey they are for such a common breed.

As said before - a popular breed perhaps, a little less on the common!! :cheer:

ETA sp

Edited by GoldD

Hi Rugerfly, yes they are about $950-1000 now a days. My first Golden 9 years ago cost $750, so your a bit behind in the times LOL . Parents should be hips/elbow scored & with clear current eye certificates, some will also have heart certificates, thats if purchased from a reputable breeder. Backyarders sell for around $650 with no testing.

I agree with A2G - Diesel was in the price bracket stated (now 8 months old). Did my reserch and it seems to be the price in Melbourne for a golden! Well worth every cent paid IMO!

Hi Rugerfly, yes they are about $950-1000 now a days. My first Golden 9 years ago cost $750, so your a bit behind in the times LOL . Parents should be hips/elbow scored & with clear current eye certificates, some will also have heart certificates, thats if purchased from a reputable breeder. Backyarders sell for around $650 with no testing.

For God's sake, don't try to "save" that $300 or so.

No testing makes those vet bills costing many $thousands so much more likely :o.

Also, suggest checking back here when you have those hip and elbow scores- they need to be GOOD scores!

Best wishes with your new pup.