Male Or Female For Obedience And Agility

:rolleyes: I just wanted to ask all you dog sport people do you thing male or female dogs are better for obedience and agility. I am planning on purchasing a standard poodle and am keen to do some obedience and agility. Either way it would be desexed.

If the dog is desexed IMO it really doest make much difference either way. My 2 best dogs have both been male but that is more because of their temperament & drive more than their sex. Choose something with the temperament you want of either sex is my advice :( .

lol and I have had 2 boy & 2 girl border collies and have much prefered the girls!! They have had a better work ethic and have had better focus. I didn't notice a drop in performance after I got one of the girls desexed.

I currently have 1 boy and 4 girls, with all bar one being desexed, and think I prefer the boys attitude.

The girls are more inclined to have away with the fairy moments, or if I do it what will you give me in exchange attitude.

Nah Ptolomy thats just red dogs for you - told you you should have got yourself a black and white :laugh: . Besides we all know Scoota thinks he is a girl anyway.

Edited by ness

• 1 month later...

I think it all depends on the temperment of the dog - pick the pup with the best temperment for what you want regardless of it's sex and train it appropriately (ie - match the method with the temperment) and you'll have a great dog.