I Want To Share My Pride And Joy With You

Can I share my pride n joy with you here??

My 10 yr old son (and now 10 yr old niece too) have started taking their JRT pups to agility and they love it.

The pleasure they get from their dogs is amazing to see. Where they go the dogs go. They practice through the week "most " days, They get prepared for the training, chop own treats, get crate, toys etc ready and are waiting to leave 30 mins before we are due :laugh:

To watch the concentration on a 10 yr olds face watching his puppy and reading the signals is fantastic.

To watch the puppy watch his 10 yr old owner's every move is even better.

The pride on my boys face when he and his pup got a move right after a couple of attempts - brilliant

Watching my boys pride when the pup did a perfect recall - lost for words

At the end of training, doing a last recall, to watch an 18 week old pup sprint to his 10 yr old master and hurl himself into arms that are bent down waiting for him and cover him with kisses (both of them :laugh:)

UTTERLY PRICELESS - brought a tear of happiness and pride to my eyes let me tell you. Heres to what I hope to be a very long and fulfilling friendship between a boy and his dog.

Thank you to the agility club WA for including my boy and taking the time to make him feel a valued part of your club. He has only been joined for 4 weeks but he feels very much a part of the club already.

Edited by joelle

That's beautiful! You must be very proud of your son! :laugh: Well done also to the club for being so welcoming to your son, I'm sure in years to come it will mean a lot to him. I also started training dogs at a young age (11/12, can't remember) and am soo thankful for how helpful and friendly the club I joined was... I'm sure it will be the same with your son and niece!!!

So nice, I have something in my eyes now. :hug:

ohh no its in my eyes too..

priceless.. thats a lovely story thanks for sharing sounds like they have a beautifull relationship there already, keep up the great work you have obviously instilled in your son, and a huge congrats to son and his pup for doing so well. thats wonderfull to hear

our kids are our future and future responsible pet owners and handlers. he sounds like the kind we need more of congrats all round.

Can I share my pride n joy with you here??

My 10 yr old son (and now 10 yr old niece too) have started taking their JRT pups to agility and they love it.

The pleasure they get from their dogs is amazing to see. Where they go the dogs go. They practice through the week "most " days, They get prepared for the training, chop own treats, get crate, toys etc ready and are waiting to leave 30 mins before we are due :thumbsup:

To watch the concentration on a 10 yr olds face watching his puppy and reading the signals is fantastic.

To watch the puppy watch his 10 yr old owner's every move is even better.

The pride on my boys face when he and his pup got a move right after a couple of attempts - brilliant

Watching my boys pride when the pup did a perfect recall - lost for words

At the end of training, doing a last recall, to watch an 18 week old pup sprint to his 10 yr old master and hurl himself into arms that are bent down waiting for him and cover him with kisses (both of them :laugh:)

UTTERLY PRICELESS - brought a tear of happiness and pride to my eyes let me tell you. Heres to what I hope to be a very long and fulfilling friendship between a boy and his dog.

Thank you to the agility club WA for including my boy and taking the time to make him feel a valued part of your club. He has only been joined for 4 weeks but he feels very much a part of the club already.

I thought puppies aren't allowed to do agility till there about 12-18 months old. I got told that it can cause alot of problems in the bones as there not fully developed. I am planing on doing agiliity with my cavalier king charles spaniel "Bomber" who is only 13 weeks old, I've been told he can't start training until his at least 12 months old.

Yep, as PF said, ACWA offer a puppy class which mainly gets them used to tunnels and unsteady surfaces.

There isn't any full height jumping or full size equipment used. There are some jumps there, they are about 4 inches or so high.

Yep, as PF said, ACWA offer a puppy class which mainly gets them used to tunnels and unsteady surfaces.

There isn't any full height jumping or full size equipment used. There are some jumps there, they are about 4 inches or so high.

Our dogs arent allowed to even do the 4 inch jumps :thumbsup: just step through ladders etc, on the wobbling board, absolutley NO jumping at all. Its a puppy foundation class. Gets them used to the basic idea of agility. I was talking to a lady whose JRT is ready to start competition but has to wait until June when he will be 18 months so its all perfectlysafe and puppy focussed.

Our dogs arent allowed to even do the 4 inch jumps :thumbsup: just step through ladders etc, on the wobbling board, absolutley NO jumping at all. Its a puppy foundation class. Gets them used to the basic idea of agility. I was talking to a lady whose JRT is ready to start competition but has to wait until June when he will be 18 months so its all perfectlysafe and puppy focussed.

Oh really, when we were doing the puppy class last year (and a few weeks of this year) we were allowed over the little cavaletti jumps.

Yours are pretty young though, that may be why.

I'm pretty sure it's the ANKC rules that a dog is not allowed to compete until they are 18months of age or over.

Starting a passion, young is wonderful.

Keeps the youngsters on track and busy,!!!!!!!!

Wonderful!!!!!!!

I remember when I was a teenager......abet many years ago, and was involved in dressage...... I thought friends going out to discos were crazy, when I HAD TO get up at 4.30am.