Title Brag

Ella finished her CD title today with a score of 193 and 2nd place!!! :thumbsup: I'm soo proud of this little girl, she's gone through CCD in 3 straight trials and now Novice as well in 4 straight trials (one sweepstakes). We're now going to take a few months off to polish our open work and we'll be back in the ring around August!!!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty thrilled with my girl! I worked out her averages, and from her four trials she has an average score of 191... I'm pretty happy with that. Now for that 200! :thumbsup:

Whateva - sweepstakes are trials that are usually judged by trainee judges for them to get practice. Here in QLD all novice competitors are required to complete at least one sweepstakes with a score of 150 or more before they can compete in proper trials. I think it's a bit of a pointless rule, especially now that we have CCD but it's not really such a big thing. I guess one of the main reasons they have this rule is to ensure people are at a decent level before they commence trialling properly.

Ptolomy - I want to polish up her heel work a little, also polish her stand for exams/stays etc as she regularly moves a foot, and the two biggest things are teach her how to hit the brakes for the drop on recall and some more proofing on the retrieve over the jump, she is retrieving over a 200mm jump currently but I need to get the height up and teach her to always return over the jump regardless of where I've thrown the dumbbell to! She does everything but it just needs work... the recall is probably going to be the hardest thing though.

Ok got some videos up now.

As I can't ever seem to get anyone to do a proper video of my trials I have bits and pieces from this last trial!

The heel work:

The Change of position:

Unfortunately that's all I got from yesterday's trial due to my Dad getting muddled about which buttons to press when (despite a demo and very detailed instructions - press once to start and once to stop)!!!!

But I did a ring run out last weekend and got a friend to video that for me, so here is a full run out which I think is pretty similar work to what she did yesterday: