K9 Force Coming To Queensland

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if what I want to know is of any use to anyone else but addressing fear based dog-dog aggression, other than the approach of 'he needs to trust in you as leader' etc.

If there is another approach! Maybe that's the the only and 'right' answer, I don't know.

On that note, I'd also like some tips on staying calm and not a nervous wreck while your dog is being very naughty because as another dog is near. I can't assert calmness and leadership if I'm terrified that he's going to hurt a dog.

Anyway, as I said this kind of stuff may not be of any use to anyone else and I can certainly pursue other ways of finding out the answers to my issues.

K9: Putting a workshop together in QLD, in your dream workshop, what would you see?

My dream would include a demonstration on how to handle and walk my dog in public around other dogs. I think general handling of my dog, but most people prob. have that covered already. Is there a workshop for problem dogs ?...Do you need a dog for demo ? I might have a good one...

I don't know if what I want to know is of any use to anyone else but addressing fear based dog-dog aggression, other than the approach of 'he needs to trust in you as leader' etc.

If there is another approach! Maybe that's the the only and 'right' answer, I don't know.

On that note, I'd also like some tips on staying calm and not a nervous wreck while your dog is being very naughty because as another dog is near. I can't assert calmness and leadership if I'm terrified that he's going to hurt a dog.

Anyway, as I said this kind of stuff may not be of any use to anyone else and I can certainly pursue other ways of finding out the answers to my issues.

K9: I have some stuff that will blow you away... Leadership is one of the key ingredients to solving dog aggression....

RL: My dream would include a demonstration on how to handle and walk my dog in public around other dogs. I think general handling of my dog, but most people prob. have that covered already. Is there a workshop for problem dogs ?...Do you need a dog for demo ? I might have a good one...

K9: RL, you have a private lesson booked down here unless I am mistaken, by the workshop I might be using your boy as a demo of a good dog.... :)

My motto is "EXPECT RESULTS"

Dont forget the K9 ism "the impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer"...

RL: My dream would include a demonstration on how to handle and walk my dog in public around other dogs. I think general handling of my dog, but most people prob. have that covered already. Is there a workshop for problem dogs ?...Do you need a dog for demo ? I might have a good one...

K9: RL, you have a private lesson booked down here unless I am mistaken, by the workshop I might be using your boy as a demo of a good dog.... :)

My motto is "EXPECT RESULTS"

Dont forget the K9 ism "the impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer"...

Yes i have booked and paid, but i'd prefer to avoid the 28 hour round trip at all cost's. Will you be doing any private appointments when you're up here ?.......and i do expect some result's, just not a miracle. I'm realistic now with my dog.

Rotty: We could see if K9 could get our dogs could walk past each other without acting up!

Without knowing your dog, but knowing mine already, that would be a success.

J: You didn't have to be sarcastic.

K9: I wasnt, peop,e who have been to my workshops will tell you I dont stop until I get results...

RL: Yes i have booked and paid, but i'd prefer to avoid the 28 hour round trip at all cost's. Will you be doing any private appointments when you're up here ?.......and i do expect some result's, just not a miracle. I'm realistic now with my dog.

K9: Too ealry to tell, but if I do, we will let you know.

R: -Using Alpha Pressure

K9: yep can be done.

R: -E-collar stuff

K9: have bucket loads of info

R-Love to learn anything about aggression

K9: truck loads of info.

R- Oh....and....miracles

K9: you know thats standard!

K9: Putting a workshop together in QLD, in your dream workshop, what would you see?

My dream would include a demonstration on how to handle and walk my dog in public around other dogs. I think general handling of my dog, but most people prob. have that covered already. Is there a workshop for problem dogs ?...Do you need a dog for demo ? I might have a good one...

I'm seconding this :laugh:

ETA - also how to focus/settle an energetic enthusiastic dog :laugh:

ETA again - anyway of doing something to work on aggression towards other pets/stock? eg cats/stock?

Edited by KitKat

I'm very interested in this workshop. I second everything that others have said they want to see. I have a dog that will aggress until he earns top dog position with another dog. If the other dog doesn't submit, I'm afraid what would happen. I will definately be keeping myself updated on this topic :laugh:

Nothing major compared to everyone else

BUT

My dog to stop licking and when you raise your voice, him not to freak out and run away from you.

Then having to do a stupid mickey mouse happy voice to get him to come anywhere near you to grab him.

How to also handle multiply dogs

Editted to add

Without snacking him under the chin for licking, this was advised before when we saw a behaviourist

Edited by storm