How To Properly Bathe Your Dog

rovaaround, I am not really sure what your problem is, but I highly recommend that you lose the attitude and learn how to use quotes successfully. :cheer:

Edited by PugRescueSydney

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rovaaround, I am not really sure what your problem is, but I highly recommend that you lose the attitude and learn how to use quotes successfully. :champagne:

I don't have a problem, I simply think common sense should come into play.

I agree, I do need to learn to quote successfully. I am new to the system and will get there. We all make mistakes, don't we!!

NO!!! REALLY!!!

I agree, I do need to learn to quote successfully. I am new to the system and will get there. We all make mistakes, don't we!!

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!

NO!!! REALLY!!!

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!

tou-che'

Time to get on with it I think. alot more things in this world to be worried about than my opinion.

:rofl:

How I bath kaos?

walk into wash room, she jumps into the bath. I stand back a few meters, and spray her with the hose till she is wet all over (she attacks the water as it comes out she LOVES baths) Turn hose off, (always warm water) shampoo her .

Stand back and spray again until i think she is clean.

Go outside, fill clam shell with water, let her splash around in that like a mad woman till all shampoo is off - if worried she still has shampoo on, i turn the hose one her.

I love water dogs, but she is drives me MAD when bathing her! My work mates have refused to do it for me!

She was at work Sat night - the girls did all they could to make sure she didnt get wet, it was FREEZING, they did well... till the put her back into the kennel and the shit head jumped in her water dish with her good coat still on :laugh:

I no nothing about grooming and very little about washing dogs (have boxer who gets bathed when very stinky!!!), I have a feeling that the article was from a Vet point of view about skin care, not really thinking about how a bath should actually effectively clean a dog. Anyways all allergies have different triggers and so that cannot be set in concrete. Some dog's allergies may be triggered by washing, some may be soothed by it? :(:)

Call me crazy, but I have just read the latest National Dog, and they have a new dog cleaning 'vacuum' that looks pretty spesh to me... I think I want one, for my Whippet - but also to use on some of the neighbourhood dogs (you know - 'Kidnapped And Shampooched: Neighbourhood Crazy Lady Caught Bathing Neglected Dogs - More At 7'....) :cheer:

I saw that too! It looks literally like a vacume cleaner! I think there are two sizes right?

Not sure what I think of them yet, Id love to actually see one in action. Id definately want a demo before paying for one! I think the smaller one was about $1500 wasnt it?

Who knows, it may revolutionise dog washing, or....it may just turn out to be a very expensive gimmic! Either way, Id love to see what kind of a job they do!

hi

dogs do have pores,

Most of dogs sweat glands are on their pads: Dogs do not produce sweat for thermoregulation. However, they do have

sweat glands, called apocrine glands, associated with every hair follicle

on their body. The exact function of these is not known, but it is

suspected that these are meant to produce pheromones or chemical signals

for communication with other dogs. These sweat secretions probably produce

an individual odor signal that is recognizable by other dogs and their tongues allow the water from their bodies to evaporate and cool down their bodies.

Im a groomer in training and i have been taught and agree with rinsing is a very important part of the bathing process why spend time thoughly massaging the shampoo and trying to get the dirt out if your not going to properly rinse the dog !,i will always use a soap free ph balanced shampoo much better for the dogs coat and doesn't wash the frontline/advantix off!!

Hydrosurge is a new way of bathing looks great im getting mine in august

tanya

Hi Tanya,

When quoting another website, please make sure you give credit to the person who actually wrote it......namely Wikepedia in this instance.