Obedience Training Brisbane

I am after a dog obedience club where you pay a yearly fee and they train one day a week every week etc.

Is there one on the south side of Brisbane?

I dont want to pay $260+ for a 5 week course where you only attend once a week.

Any help would be great thanks

I am after a dog obedience club where you pay a yearly fee and they train one day a week every week etc.

Is there one on the south side of Brisbane?

I dont want to pay $260+ for a 5 week course where you only attend once a week.

Any help would be great thanks

Hi Storm, all of the CCCQ affiliated clubs are like that, if you give us an idea of area we can point you in the right direction.

FYI there is Southside, Redlands, Ipswich & Brisbane (which is at Oxley), hope one of those may be near you? :laugh:

ETA - $260 for a 5 week course? That is just taking the p*ss if you ask me! Never heard of anywhere that expensive, tell us where it is so we can all avoid it :rolleyes: .

Edited by MrsD

Logan All Breeds Dog club, Kingston. $12.00 per year membership. $4.00 per night training. Run classes Monday and Friday nights.

Thats what I want, thanks heaps and close too thats a bonus.

Can you do both nights?

Do I just turn up or is there a number to ring?

Logan All Breeds Dog club, Kingston. $12.00 per year membership. $4.00 per night training. Run classes Monday and Friday nights.

Thats what I want, thanks heaps and close too thats a bonus.

Can you do both nights?

Do I just turn up or is there a number to ring?

Not a fan of that Club I went and watched one night and was put off, I went to Southside at Runcorn instead..

A lot of the handlers were very severe dogs were yelping in pain from being reefed with their chokers and the Instructors didnt seem bothered, two g shep pups were playing they were waiting to go in before starting and this guy kicked one of the puppies again Instructors who were standing by did nothing, Southside didnt encourage this behaviour if anyone was reefing their dog they were promptly told not to..

So they use the slip chains but they're a little less harsh with them?

At Southside they encourage to just use flat collars but chokers were used but yeah not encouraged to use them in a severe fashion..

A lot of the handlers were very severe dogs were yelping in pain from being reefed with their chokers and the Instructors didnt seem bothered, two g shep pups were playing they were waiting to go in before starting and this guy kicked one of the puppies again Instructors who were standing by did nothing, Southside didnt encourage this behaviour if anyone was reefing their dog they were promptly told not to..

Logan All Breeds does not encourage or tolerate rough handling of any dogs. Maybe the instructors did not see what was going on? :champagne:

Logan All Breeds does not encourage or tolerate rough handling of any dogs. Maybe the instructors did not see what was going on? :champagne:

It was during classes and the Instructors unless they are deaf couldnt of not noticed it..

Logan All Breeds does not encourage or tolerate rough handling of any dogs. Maybe the instructors did not see what was going on? :laugh:

It was during classes and the Instructors unless they are deaf couldnt of not noticed it..

I'll second that...i've tried there twice now and both times i was turned off due to their seeming disregard for the treatment of many of the dogs, that and some trainers expecting people to be able to understand what they want without explaining anything -I was training there with my dog and was having to explain stuff to those around me!

Runcorn is pretty ok tho...been there off and on - currently can't scrape up the spare change to train :rofl:

You could bring your baby to my class :laugh: Did you get to speak to Jo at the vets fun day at Jimboomba? They have 26wk or 12 month memberships and she has grounds at Jimboomba and Mabel park which would be closer to you. Mabel Park is held on Sunday mornings at 8.30. You should bring your baby down and check my teaching skills out :rofl:

Logan All Breeds does not encourage or tolerate rough handling of any dogs. Maybe the instructors did not see what was going on? :laugh:

When I go to training, I do not really pay much attention to what other classes and people are doing. Last night I made a POINT of looking around at others more. I have to say....I am feeling a bit shattered. There was a bloke there and yes...he was being really quite hard on his dog and NO ONE SAID ANYTHING.

I love Logan All Breeds club, the people I train with and the results I get with my mutts.

I plan on going to the next club meeting and bringing this matter up.