Canine Cough

Just wondering if anyone is having a bad breakout of Canine (kennel) Cough?

It is all over Orange and Bathurst at the moment, i have talked to someone in Qld who said it is bad in their area, as well as a few WA people - Why has it come out this bad so fast?

The 3 vets I have talked to about it have said nearly every dog they are seeing has it.

I know of two very sad Border Collies in Brisbane who have had it and are going insane because they aren't allowed to go to training at the moment!! LOL.

About six dogs came down with it after an agility comp the other week. It's been rife this year. A friend of ours who is a vet nurse said at one stage they were seeing up to 20 dogs a week with it - at a very small practice.

I know of two very sad Border Collies in Brisbane who have had it and are going insane because they aren't allowed to go to training at the moment!! LOL.

About six dogs came down with it after an agility comp the other week. It's been rife this year. A friend of ours who is a vet nurse said at one stage they were seeing up to 20 dogs a week with it - at a very small practice.

Tell me about it! Kaos is going nuts, she just wants to go for a walk, i thought she was almost over it, but she had a good cough this morning, At is completely over it.

My two Cav boys got out a few weeks ago and ended up in the RSPCA. They were only there for a few hours but Malibu developed a cough, which he has since passed on to Monty :happydance: A week and a half of steroids, antibiotics and cough syrup, and they are both finally starting to feel better.

My parents dog stayed at a kennel in Keysborough for 2 days - he is now very sick with KC. He is on antibiotics, cough syrup and he had two injections of what I assume were antibiotics. He was vomiting quite severely as well. My dogs are under quarantine now (I found out today) and I should see symptoms if there are any by tomorrow.

My parents dog stayed at a kennel in Keysborough for 2 days - he is now very sick with KC. He is on antibiotics, cough syrup and he had two injections of what I assume were antibiotics. He was vomiting quite severely as well. My dogs are under quarantine now (I found out today) and I should see symptoms if there are any by tomorrow.

Holy crap! Hope he feels better soon

Do let the kennels know what has happened since boarding (in the nicest possible way :happydance: )

Do let the kennels know what has happened since boarding (in the nicest possible way :rofl: )

I don't think you can really blame the Kennels any more than you can blame a shopping centre for you getting the flu. It's simple maths and KC is really just a puppy cold.

They need to know so they can take any possible precautions, but to suggest they are at fault is a bit harsh. I take every possible precaution with my two short of locking them in the house and not letting them go to training/competitions and yet they still ended up with it.

:o Please no
I have heard Warrnambool has a few cases as well.

Fraid so - heard it from a mate at club who said that she knew at least one person with dogs infected, and she'd heard of more cases in general. This was about 2 weeks ago.

I usually bring Darcy down the beach for a good run quite regularly but I'm not taking the risk. It only takes one person to do the wrong thing :rofl: