Ndtf Cert 111 Canine Behaivour And Training

anyone else doing the Cert 111 Canine Behaivour and Training starting August 1st.

check your mail... i got my stuff today!! :D

we need to get a thread going for any help, info ect.

and is anyone attending the Vic block??

Cheers, Jess

Edited by Jessca

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you guys doing the Sydney block training out of interest?

I have contacted NDTF - I did the course in 2000 when it was called the Professional Dog Trainers Course and am trying to figure out how to get this changed/upgraded to Cert III.

Yeah, except my dog is too young to stay in the kennel :(

Those of you who have already been, is there any reason I can't take my dog EVERY DAY and just keep him crated when not using him? Leaving him behind is not negotiable, I HAVE to take him or I don't go.

Yeah, except my dog is too young to stay in the kennel :(

Those of you who have already been, is there any reason I can't take my dog EVERY DAY and just keep him crated when not using him? Leaving him behind is not negotiable, I HAVE to take him or I don't go.

Personally I would not take your dog at all for the first block. I did and she sat in her crate all week as when you get there you are assigned a dog from their kennels for the week, the only time she got out was when TB's assigned dog got sick and they decided that she could use my dog. They are going to change the booklet to recommend that you only take your own dog to the second block.

Yeah, except my dog is too young to stay in the kennel :)

Personally I would not take your dog at all for the first block. I did and she sat in her crate all week as when you get there you are assigned a dog from their kennels for the week, the only time she got out was when TB's assigned dog got sick and they decided that she could use my dog. They are going to change the booklet to recommend that you only take your own dog to the second block.

I have to. It's either I take my dog or I don't go :rofl:

I have to. It's either I take my dog or I don't go :)

How old is your dog, Midol?

12 weeks, which is why it either comes or I don't go. I'm not phased about the vaccination issue and he can stay with me so the kennel isn't needed. All I want to do is basically keep him crated and let him out for a run/play with me during lunch or whatever.

It's terrible timing, but if I can't take him with me then I'm going to have to move into the block training after this one which costs extra I think.

Yeah, she replied telling me he is too young for the kennel (even though I said that the caravan park owner gave me permission to keep it with me) so I am awaiting another response.

I don't see why I can't take him though but I am still worried.

Ahhh .... I'm with you now.

It is illegal for kennels to accept pups younger than 16 weeks of age. Being that you will be on kennel grounds ..... perhaps that still has a bearing on the legalities to which they are obliged? Or perhaps the question/proposal was not clearly understood by the NDTF staff person you spoke to?

Worth clarifying. I hope you manage something.

Ahhh, yes, I never considered that.

If she doesn't respond properly this time I'll email ring the kennel owners to check with them then ring the ndtf. Might be the best way.

Just phone the kennels first - lovely people who I am sure will be happy to answer your questions. Remember that the NDTF people are in VIC and probably won't have seen the NSW set up (no offence).

It is possible to have the pup crated, and run at lunch and what not, but there is no real set lunch time, sometimes it wasnt till 2 or so, depending on how much we had to do - there is a huge area to run the dog out the back - but it is still in the kennels, and they may not want a pup (unvaccinated) running around there.

Best to call and ask.

Drop the pup in here if you want? I can look after it for a week?