Ndtf Cert 111 Canine Behaivour And Training

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The five electives,

1) Obedience (they have now made that part of the main course)

2) Assistance

3) Scent

4) tracking and trailing

5) Working in kennels

if i remember correctly

TB, what part are you having trouble understanding?

None now!! I emailed them and they told me the bit i wasnt sure on, we actually did in our block training :love: Only got some questions to answer (i dont do agility, but i think i can handle this now!)

Then its only Detection dog and Complex skill to do!

if you are doing it via distence learning you get offered the two (assistence and scent), but after finding out about the tracking one i requested to do that and am doing it with the local students.

Ahh! Now i get it!

thats really good, then you'll have the qualification.

i tell you they can be a bit slow, and screw you around. a few weeks in advance they told us where the venue was, i called up the day before to confirm everything,when they got frustrated with me, cause they had sent us the wrong address for the place. which screwed everything up for a few of us cause we thought it was along the train line, then it was moved to the middle of no-where(which would have been great for me if i had my license, as it was 20 mins down the road, but unfortunately im too lazy to get my license) it really sucked.

Jessca, they gave me the right times and dates then moved it forwards a week without telling me. I had booked all my accommodation, organised time off work, paid for everything I was taking and then LUCKILY TB found out that it had been moved.

Somehow being moved 20mins down the road seems minor to me :rolleyes:

Edited by Lord Midol

Hi all,

I just recently got back from my 2nd block session in melbourne and i'm absolutely loving the course! I have heard of people having lots of trouble with admin type stuff, i think due to a change over in staff. Still no excuse for moving the date and not telling you!!! OMG!

Personally i've been treated really really well. Assessment results all on time, prompt replies and very helpful when i had to change to another course line. Its unfortunate its not been like this for everyone. HOpe it improves!

Apart from the admin side, how is everyone finding the course?

I'd email or ring for results if you haven't got any yet. They do seem to be terribly slow getting results out. If you do happen to get NYC you're given another opportunity to answer the questions (and it may only be one) and you can phone them and ask for clarification too about the question.