White Powdery Poo

Pet grade chicken mince contains mainly bone, probably 80% or more. This will account for the powdery poo and the straining, your dog is actually eating too much bone. If I were you I'd mix some beef mince in with the chicken or up the meat content of his diet in some other way, this should fix the problem.

one of mine does white poohs sometimes whereas the other has never done a whitey

they are both on the same diet...any ideas?

i hate white pooh :rofl: i cant pick it up, it just crumbles everywher

Mine are the same, I think some dogs assimilate bone better than others. I must say that I prefer white poos to sloppy chocolate coloured ones.

Lestat will go in the bushes so no one can see what he is doing, a very modest puppy :rofl:

Mistral dosn't care, he's happy enough to go in the middle of the road, anywhere he feels like really.

Aly doesnt care less who is watching her either, wish she would use just one spot.

I'm for the white poo poo as well no stinkys :rofl:

She is on Barf patties and its only since shes been on this diet before they where grosss :rofl:

Belinda

My girl does the same. Always has. It's dehydrated poo which is why it's crumbly with no water content. It looks like it's been in the sun for a week but the only way you can tell it's just fresh is a thin layer of mucous covering the poo. Water is reabsorbed in the large colon leading to dehydrated poos. Perhaps she drinks less than the boys but she's also lazier hence crumbly nugget poos. Nelson has normal to runny but he can get nervous at times hence the overstimulated bowel movements. Seamus is just right. Seems I have Goldilocks and the 3 Bears kind of poos in my brood.

i think the white poo has to do with the lack of preservatives in a natural diet.

preservatives don't break down in the gut, as they are 'peservatives' so they are passed and then preserve the poo for several weeks untill it gradually turns white...

the only down side on preservative free poo is whne ppl visit and see white poo in the garden, they think you never pick it up. try as you might to explain that it comes out like that and they look at you like you are making excuses! LOL. i have explained this to my mum manys times....

My mum thought the same thing until she actually saw it for herself when Roper pooped dust :)

Roper is the only one who has white poo, although he does not get as many carcasses as the other 4, but the others do have hard chunks so it's all good. Didji used to "scoot" almost constantly when they were on dry but she stopped almost immediately after I started their raw diet.

Ah, now we can discuss the fascinating subject of pooing styles. :)

I have a circler, a walker and a backer up into bushes..

:p I have to admit that I have always wondered about my dogs different pooing styles.

I have a 'huncher under the bushes', a 'must get it out in under 1.5 seconds, wherever i happen to be standing, then look happy and kick it around all over everyone' pooer, and a 'walker'. The walker is the only tough one - she walks 50 m or so between each poo. So just when I think she has finished, and I use my huge poo bag on her two marble sized nuggets, she goes and does another one! and then another one! I use five poo bags for 100grams of poo :p .

What a great topic, besides useful information its also hugely amusing...

I have a "do it now and get it over with, forget the circling and walking" and the other who circles endlessly while I am waiting patiently to pick it up, while eyeing me. My boy also loves to poop on Agapanthus plants, fortunately we don't have any, but lots of neighbours do, he seems to smell the plant and circle so the poop lands right in the middle of the plant, making it really difficult to pluck out LOL

If my 20 dogs didnt have white chalky poo I would ALMOST be inclined to go to a VET

Any dog that doesnt have this is obviously on a commercial diet!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk vomit.

My dogs are on raw and have brown poo. From time to time when I pick up poo there may be poo that has turned White but not all the time.

So yeah....not a commercial diet.

i think the white poo has to do with the lack of preservatives in a natural diet.

preservatives don't break down in the gut, as they are 'peservatives' so they are passed and then preserve the poo for several weeks untill it gradually turns white...

the only down side on preservative free poo is whne ppl visit and see white poo in the garden, they think you never pick it up. try as you might to explain that it comes out like that and they look at you like you are making excuses! LOL. i have explained this to my mum manys times....

Nope, my dogs are fed raw and don't have White poo all the time, 95% of the time it's Brown.