We Brought A Puppy

Deb08

What's with all the what breed is it questions?

Have fun and enjoy your dog Deb08 :) I'd recommend starting recall training with lots of positve rewards. I use food as the reward with my dogs, although the three of them have been known on occasion to ignore me completely :) little buggers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why else would you post :) Seems pretty normal to me :)

Why else would you post????? Tell me you're being sarcastic please!!

You would post to ask advice, which is exactly what the OP did. She didn't ask for the third degree about what breed the puppy is, which isn't essentially anybody elses business except hers in reality anyway.

No I wasnt being sarcastic I thought I was showing interest trying to be friendly.I didnt read the whole thread just followed on the from the last post just trying to be nice and welcoming.Why is it that everyone on here always thinks that everyone has bad motives when they post :)

I dont give a crap what breed it is just trying to be nice but I wont bother in future

You would post to ask advice, which is exactly what the OP did. She didn't ask for the third degree about what breed the puppy is, which isn't essentially anybody elses business except hers in reality anyway.

Say wha? She's posted a thread about getting a new pup, I thought it would be pretty normal for people to ask what breed it is :)

Yes, but in general, the OP gives a lot of information in her first thread. Certainly enough to see that it is a SWF of some description and therefore you'd be recommending toys that are suitable for toy breeds.

And surely it is ok to ASK the breed and not get all silly and start suggesting the next great conspiracy and insinuating dishonesty and problems just because the OP hasn't been back to answer?

Not necessarily.

I didn't see too many people freaking out. People just want to know the breed & have some pics which is no different from any other thread about pups. Normally the OP's of the other threads tell us the breed right away & are so excited to be getting their pup, that they post pics without being asked so of course we all expect that.

Please Deb when you are here, pics please :)

edited to take out breeds as I was suggesting an example of why people would like to know breeds. I was NOT saying that a Westie is a toy. I'm very sorry if it come across wrong.

Edited by CDM

I was just giving an example of why people might want to know the breed of pup from an OP, that's all officer.

It's a DOG forum so of course people are going to be curious & want to know. We can feel her excitement.

Anyway, to the OP, congratulations again. I would rather have the toys, blankie & crate ready so that the older dog can sniff everything & your plan of having the scent is good. Keep an eye out for those times that your oldie is getting tired of the pup & crate the pup or distract it. Definitely let your oldie have somewhere to escape to as well so that they can get away from the pup for alone time.

Good luck & again, piccies? :)

Not necessarily. A Westie is a fluffy so are Maltese but I would never suggest the same toys for each.

I didn't see too many people freaking out. People just want to know the breed & have some pics which is no different from any other thread about pups. Normally the OP's of the other threads tell us the breed right away & are so excited to be getting their pup, that they post pics without being asked so of course we all expect that.

Please Deb when you are here, pics please :)

A westie isn't a toy breed.

It isn't so much the asking of the breed but the insinuations that something is fishy. The OP hasn't even got the pup home so may not have photos yet. There are numerous reasons why the OP may keep the breed quiet till it is safely home, like people abilities to work out the breeder etc from the information she has given already.

Edited by Janba

There are numerous reasons why the OP may keep the breed quiet till it is safely home, like people abilities to work out the breeder etc from the information she has given already.

I doubt she's concerned about the breeder, or any breeder for that matter, Janba. She doesnt like registered breeders and refuses to ever deal with them. Maybe that's why people are asking questions?

Oh well - looking forward to piccies of the scruffer.

I doubt she's concerned about the breeder, or any breeder for that matter, Janba. She doesnt like registered breeders and refuses to ever deal with them. Maybe that's why people are asking questions?

Oh well - looking forward to piccies of the scruffer.

She has stated that

The dog is from a REG breeder, the dog is REG. But you are all still not happy?

For my part until proven wrong I will assume an ANKC breeder and from the first post assume she met them at a dog show she went to her statement about hound and gundogs and groups.

Sure - the world hasnt ended today (yet) as promised.

Dunno about that. It's pretty hectic at my place so it's probably only a matter of time! :)

School hols are on us once again. So far I've already had to referee about 8 fights. *sigh*

I have no idea. I just like seeing puppy pics. :)Am I happy? Sure - the world hasnt ended today (yet) as promised.

But isn't that 'cause of the time zone difference??

Hell, I don't care what breed of pup it is... I just want to know where did she brung it?

Topic title: We Brought A Puppy

But isn't that 'cause of the time zone difference??

Topic title: We Brought A Puppy

Absolutely but once the hadron converter goes off we'll be in a chronosynclasticinfundibulum - W00t W00t. no more time difference.

Yes I remember her complete disdain for registered breeders and that is why I'd like to know what breed she's bought, I know it's none of my business, but I'm still interested. Did DOL succeed in educating her and encourage her to go to a dog show and speak to breeders or did she go to a pet show and buy a crossbreed? Dog shows normally don't have people on the gate asking what breeds you're interested in so I would presume the latter. Really if she didn't want anyone to know the breed then she shouldn't have posted as obviously there will be speculation considering her previous sentiments. If she's actually bought a toy breed from a registered breeder then I apologise in advance for doubting her :rolleyes:

As the end of the world is imminent it's all academic anyway :thumbsup:

Did DOL succeed in educating her and encourage her to go to a dog show and speak to breeders or did she go to a pet show and buy a crossbreed?

What pet shows were on in WA at the weekend? Crossbred pet shows don't normally talk about groups etc so my feeling is a show or a Pet Expo with breed stands.