Photo Challenge 1

Vickie

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Girls! I LOVE my Steve Maddens...sometimes he has uggo stuff but sometimes he has the cutest ever stuff :( And I won't tell you that I found them on an awesome sale coz you'd choke if you knew what I paid for them :laugh:

I knew the first one would be more appealing than the others...I'm going to keep using this challenge to try new things, though :laugh:

Ruger...glad you can see them now!

Still a couple more days left for this week...let's see some more. I'm hoping to get some shooting time tomorrow for the last two items...

Thanks for the compliments!

Clicking mad, I held the tennis ball by a few hairs with my finger nails so there were no fingers in shot and I told my sometimes obedient dogs to sit stay and depth of field did the rest for me :laugh:

thanks, that was exactly how I thought I would have done it :(

great shoes kja, I do love the colours too :laugh: - though pink isn't me :laugh:

Well, I've been having a bit of fun late yesterday and today :laugh:

Firstly, I did a bit of experimenting with the shoes

or that should be shoe:

shoe.jpg

Canon 400D lens 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 @ 41mm f.32 4 ISO 100

and then I took that a little further:

shoe03.jpg

lens @ 18mm f.11 1.6 ISO 100

gave up on shoes and tried a tennis ball:

tennisball.jpg

lens @ 42mm f.16 1/20 ISO 100

tennisball03.jpg

lens @ 42mm f.32 0.3 ISO 100

tennisball01.jpg

lens @ 42mm f.5 1/160 ISO 100

didn't think that was going too well either, so then I went back to what I know, Jamie and tennis ball :laugh:

Jamietennisball.jpg

lens @ 27mm f.4 1/800 ISO 400

Jamietennisball02.jpg

lens @ 27mm f.4 1/500 ISO 400

Jamietennisball04.jpg

lens @ 30mm f.4 1/400 ISO 400

Jamietennisball07.jpg

lens @ 25mm f.4 1/400 ISO 400

Jamietennisball08.jpg

lens @ 25mm f.4 1/400 ISO 400

Corel Paintshop ProX edited.

Love the second tennis ball shot! You caught it just at the right moment, I think :( Nice one!

And again, the second dog shot waiting for the ball - awesome expression, love the motion on the ball and the brick wall is cool, too.

I might try a vertical crop or move the dog out of centre, but it's a great frame as is, too!

kja: I did try a vertical crop on that 2nd Jamie pic and didn't like it as much :laugh:

I see what you mean about her being in the center but the shadows kinda sit too perfect as it is - that slightly darker framing on the bricks is natural ie. fluke :(

Those tennis ball shots were more challenging timing-wise than trying to clicker train a pup on a sugar high :laugh: I don't think I got one spot-on before I gave up :eek:

Argh, the shoes looked so good in my mind, couldn't translate it via the camera though. A better background/side-ground would have helped in that first shot. And I didn't realise how much my foot moves around - I thought I was just using the same theory on the second shot to the first, but my foot moved around my ankle, I had the camera tied to my leg just below my knee :laugh:

'twas fun though :laugh:

Clicking Mad. How did you shot the shoe moving on the skateboard? I thought you must of used a 200 or 400 lens and sat back few meters. I just see a little midget sitting on the end of the skateboard clicking away.

:( ... I had the camera at one end and the shoe (not on my foot) at the other. Took the shot on timer and moved the skateboard backwards while exposing. That pic was actually the first attempt, couldn't seem to improve on it. I experimented with the speed of the board a little as well as the shutter speed, I think I was moving the board slower in that pic compared with the others I took.