Vickie

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Havnt seen any shoes yet :cheer:

I have...... some styling Nike...... :cheer: I really like your "actually this one nearly made it too".

FHRP. Took me awhile to figure that out, I thought you had Photoshoped that ball.... :D

Kja waiting very patiently for your work. :laugh:

Kja waiting very patiently for your work. :laugh:

OK, OK...this weekend I should be able to figure something out and maybe find a friggin' tennis ball that isn't torn to pieces. Shoes are no problem - I am a shoe addict - but I have to figure something out for that.

BTW a friend got his Canon box today but isn't giving any secrets away as yet!

DSC_0039SM-1.jpg

DSC_0043SM.jpg

DSC_0044SM-1.jpg

:laugh: WOW! I can so easily see these 3 mounted side by side & on a wall somewhere. I love them, great idea, great composition & the soft antique treatment works perfectly. They are really good.

Edited by Vickie

Can I join too? :mad

Canon EOS 400D

ISO 400

75-300mm 1:4-5:6 lens

AF natural

Monochrome

Photoshopped border

forking.jpg

How did i do? Can we critique photos as well?

Oops, forgot to add :mad everyones shots.. makes me feel like an amature! LOL @ the poo shoes...

Edited by Abbey B

Vickie how did you get your action pictures in your "trim" thread so sharp? Is it due to a fast camera/lens? Do you flick out a few frames at time or just one click?

Combination of things Rocco. They were shot inside using natural light from the window. The D300 does 6 f/s & seems to handle a high ISO very well. I had the ISO up to 1000 in those shots & was able to get a between a 1/1000 & 1/2000 shutter speed. There is grain, but b/c of the composition I think it actually helps rather than hurts. I used my 50mm 1.8 which is a fast lense (compared to anything else I have). And yes, I just kept clicking 5-6 shots every time I threw the ball.

Problem was focus. To get both Trim & the ball in focus I needed a lower Aperture, but then that compromised my shutter speed. So I used a higher one (F3.5) & focussed on Trim which meant that the ball was often oof, so just picked the shots where the ball wasn't moving much & looked like it was in focus.

Vickie how did you get your action pictures in your "trim" thread so sharp? Is it due to a fast camera/lens? Do you flick out a few frames at time or just one click?

Combination of things Rocco. They were shot inside using natural light from the window. The D300 does 6 f/s & seems to handle a high ISO very well. I had the ISO up to 1000 in those shots & was able to get a between a 1/1000 & 1/2000 shutter speed. There is grain, but b/c of the composition I think it actually helps rather than hurts. I used my 50mm 1.8 which is a fast lense (compared to anything else I have). And yes, I just kept clicking 5-6 shots every time I threw the ball.

Problem was focus. To get both Trim & the ball in focus I needed a lower Aperture, but then that compromised my shutter speed. So I used a higher one (F3.5) & focussed on Trim which meant that the ball was often oof, so just picked the shots where the ball wasn't moving much & looked like it was in focus.

I had that same problem too Vickie. Trouble trying to focus on both in low light with high shutter speed.

Wow very cool with the stiletto. Plus the slug thing in the water. Yuck but cool.

Had a go at with a tennis ball

SP1/600 FL38 F6.3.

DSC_0080SM.jpg

SP1/200 FL38 F7.1. I am over exposing him, how do you photograph in bright sun?

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0024-3.jpg

DSC_0055-3.jpg

Edited a pic, I liked better.

Edited by Rocco1

I love the last one!

Stop down and or increase your shutter speed. Sometimes you'll still have a ray of sunlight that just won't not be blown - there's often just too much range in a scene in harsh sunlight and you do the best you can. You can also experiment with using fill flash - so exposure for the brightest part of the photo and fill in the shadow areas with a little pop of light.

As an aside, can we please all use the same terms/abbreviations? It took me ages to figure out what ppl were talking about LOL

f-stop is your aperture and is always a little f ... f4.5, f7.1, f14, f22 etc

shutter speed is always a fraction and it doesn't get any letter ... 1/250, 1/1000, 1/20

ISO would be good to add if you know it

lenses should be listed ... Canon 60mm 2.8 macro, Sigma 30 1.4, Canon 50-255 @ 78mm (so the zoom lens gets listed and then the mm of the focal length used) etc

I know I'm a little slow sometimes, but if we all do it the same way it's better!

Edited by kja