Spelling Out The Obvious

GSDhandler

an alternative to chicken necks f your pup (or old hound :rofl:) like mine tries to swallow the damned things whole apart from freezing them is just to get turkey necks. i only just discovered it today, so thought i would share in case any one else is as slow as i am in the uptake.

:o

Guest june.andnovas

read about turkey necks recently but i've never actually seen them for sale anywhere. so they are around double the size of a chicken neck?

They're about 6-8 times the size, considering the width and length.

GSD- Have you tried hand feeding? My Rotti was inhaling them but I found hand feeding taught him to chew them better (mostly :thumbsup: ).

efs

Edited by Clyde

read about turkey necks recently but i've never actually seen them for sale anywhere. so they are around double the size of a chicken neck?

Hi,

Depends where you buy them from. The supermarket ones are about 8 ins or 20cm the ones you buy in bulk are about

I just measured mine a large on is 12ins or 30cm and about 7ins or 18cm at the largest girth. The small supermarket ones just look male appendages the large ones look like super dooper male appendages so we just call them dongers. :rofl:

Hi

Just to let you guys know, turkey necks are available from Myella Chickens or Premium Pet Foods at Arndell Park. Although it comes frozen in 15kg boxes (I go halves with a neighbour who has a rotty x). My bullies love it. We just give it a bit of time to defrost a little then separate it into 4pcs a bag. They also have a range of pet minces, from turkey to duck, roo, beef etc., will mix it to your specifications (but will probably cost a bit extra). Its on their price list and it comes with no preservatives. I now buy most of my raw food, with the exception of dry food from them. Their prices are pretty good to.

Turkey necks are also available from Wellbeing for Pets, in Blacktown off Sunnyholt rd, but is a little pricey.

Cheers

Linus