Plush Puppy Herbal Whitening Shampoo

doggywoof

Hi there,

I notice you still havne't a reply so thought I would let you know that the whitening shampoo's do not damage the colour of the other parts of the coat but this is what you can do. Apply a whitening shampoo to the main white areas not worrying if some gets on the black/grey bits but then any large patches of say black you can they apply a black shampoo to prior to rinsing out the white. So the whites are protected from the white shampoo whilst you massage in black to the black areas and then just rinse out fully. Hope this helps.

I use the plush puppy whitener on my Tri's and my Blenheims and I dont worry about washing seperate colours with seperate shampoos (although great idea to the person who suggested it :confused: ). I dont have any problems at all, and I personally am yet to find ANY other grooming products that compare to plush puppy.

We are Plush Puppy snobs here, I have just about every PP product there is just for the sake of having it. Now dont even get me STARTED on that pixie dust LOL

Kyla

I use the plush puppy whitener on my Tri's and my Blenheims and I dont worry about washing seperate colours with seperate shampoos (although great idea to the person who suggested it :( ). I dont have any problems at all, and I personally am yet to find ANY other grooming products that compare to plush puppy.

We are Plush Puppy snobs here, I have just about every PP product there is just for the sake of having it. Now dont even get me STARTED on that pixie dust LOL

Kyla

I use it on my Blenheim boy :o it's wonderful stuff!

I've used the PP Herbal Whitening Shampoo on my Harlequin Great Dane, it wasn't an issue on the Black but I did find that the Glo White Horse Shampoo gave better results...Whiter Whites and shinny Blacks.

post-4036-1222469023_thumb.jpg

Edited by sas

I just tried this shampoo this week and love it! I have border collies and it made the black bits really shiny. I also have red dirt and it did a great job of getting that out. I actually like it much better than the Glo White shampoo, or any of the other horse shampoos. Probably the best shampoo I have tried at getting the red dirt out. A big :thumbsup:

Guest PixieOfWrath

Has anyone tried it on a terrier that can comment on whether or not it softens the coat?

I know it's not *supposed* to and that diluting can help but I'd love to hear any first-hand experiences... :thumbsup:

Hi Pixie, yep have tried it on the jacks here and it did soften their coats :thumbsup: - even when it is diluted. I tend to use the Bio Groom harsh coat shampoo on the jacks - find it okay. Makes their whites bright though :grimace:

I haven't come across anything that can clean a terrier without making the coat soft. Usually have to put some of the "harsh" powder in their coats to help it.

Guest PixieOfWrath
Hi Pixie, yep have tried it on the jacks here and it did soften their coats :thumbsup: - even when it is diluted. I tend to use the Bio Groom harsh coat shampoo on the jacks - find it okay. Makes their whites bright though :grimace:

I haven't come across anything that can clean a terrier without making the coat soft. Usually have to put some of the "harsh" powder in their coats to help it.

Thanks :hitself: I am also using Biogroom Wiry Coat on Finta. If she's particularly dirty and it's a non-show week I will wash her in Dazzle Dog - this has avoided any staining so far.

The PP website recommends using their Hydrobath wash on terriers. I was considering trying it but as the Biogroom works well enough, I may as well stick with that!

I wonder if I could use this on my horses tail :thumbsup:

Use the horse shampoo Champion Tails. Brilliant stuff and I find it a better whitener and colour intensifier for colours, than any other product I've tried (it's also the cheapest).

wow. Thanx everyone. I told my OH about the PP stuff and he gave me this look like 'isnt that going to bleach his black fur???' ... Yes i no him very well... And i responded straight away with 'its ok, ive already asked the DOL people!' thanks again everyone!