Canon 1000d Slr

mersonmalinois

mersonmalinois my tips to you is get out there and experiment. You can read and read all the correct ways to do something, but nothing beats "hands on" learning. Good luck and will look forward to some of your shots.

I bought a new camera today and it will be delivered tomorrow:

Canon CAEDRXSKB EOS Rebel XS (a.k.a. 1000D) SLR Digital Camera (Black) with Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens

I have never had a fancy camera, so any tips/suggestions would be GREAT! Thank you.

Play with the camera and its settings, but take an evening class.. it's helped me lots!

• 1 month later...

Rather than start a new thread i'm highjacking this one ! :cheer:

I BOUGHT MYSELF THE CANON 1000D FOR XMAS ! (BOXING DAY SALES) WOOHOO ! GOT IT AT JBHIFI FOR $840 ! ! ! TWIN LENS KIT :o :rolleyes:

Now i hav to convince myself not to be scared of the damn thing and get out there and hav sum FUN ! Beeen ages since i spoilt myself and bought myself sumthing really worth while ! :eek:

I have the 1000D :) I'd just start out on the auto setting and slowly make your way around to Program and then to Aperture and Shutter Speed Priority. The manual it comes with is pretty helpful, have a good read of that to get a basic understanding of all the different settings and then as others have said, just experiment :eek:

Have fun!

Edited by iltby

Thank u Iltby ;)

Curious.. does every1 use the Lcd screen ? I'm having trouble getting clear shots with Live view, prob need to tweak a few things.

And yes i am reading the manual and trying comprehend every bit of info :thumbsup: Its pretty exciting !

Like with point and shoot (andvideo) cameras - you get a far more accurate image by looking through the veiwfinder and setting up your photo.

And by looking at your camera you are not actually looking straight at the subject which makes it all that much harder to takea photo.