Dog Rocks. Good/bad?

7point6

Hey everyone!

My neighbour who takes care of our grass would like me to put Halo on dog rocks. Where you put the rocks in her water bowl and it takes the tin out of the water and then makes her pee less harmful to the grass.

Are there other ways for her pee not to burn the grass?

What are peoples opinion on these?

My sister who is a science teacher doesnt like the thought of playing with the ph of her pee. The vet said he hasnt heard anything bad about them but isnt sure about changing the ph of her pee.

I only want what is best and healthy for her. If the grass dies, well Ill buy some more! Obviously my mum and neighbour give me a strange look when say that. hehe

Please let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

ps. I did a search and you wouldn't believe how many posts contain the words 'dog and rocks' Apologies if there has been a topic before.

Hi

I've been looking into Dog Rocks too - have you seen their website?

Dog Rocks Website

It says on there that Dog Rocks don't change the pH of the urine but they filter out tin, ammonia and nitrates... I have no idea how they actually do that though!

We currently just give our dog brita filtered water since thats what we drink anyhow - maybe it does the same job since I've not had any problems with lawn burn (lawn holes yes, but changing the water isn't going to fix those :D)

I'm interested to hear what people have found

gills

Thanks.

I had looked at the site but they are never going to tell you bad things are they? lol That is why I'd rather check with people who use them.

Thanks for letting me know they work PRS.

I might try her out on Brita! Great idea!! And see if that makes my neighbour happy. :D

I use dog rocks, initially they seemed to work well but Ive noticed that there still seems to be some brown spots. I think they are meant to last 2 months I am lucky getting 6 weeks out of them.

A lot depends on how often you refresh and top up the bowls too. My problem is that I have to refresh their bowls daily as one lad walks around eating sticks and poo all day and then has a drink of water each time...and leaves floaties. The constant refreshing doens't give time for the minerals to leech out of the rock in sufficient quantities.

Apple Cider Vinegar. It's a natural product and is healthy for humans and dogs to have anyway. Start of with only a very small amount in the water, ie, a teaspoon or so, the dogs will need to get used to the taste. Otherwise you can put a tiny amount with their food each day if you wet their food down.