List Of Foods Not Irradiated

Azurite

I thought it might be helpful for everyone considering a new dog food after this irradiation/Orijen fiasco, if we had a list of foods which manufacturers/importers have stated (through personal communications with DOLers and statements on their websites) are not irradiated collected in one thread.

So far we have:

- Artemis

- California Natural

- Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance

- Eagle Pack

- Eukanuba

- Evo

- Great Barko

- Iams

- Innova

- Nutrience

- Proplan

- Royal Canin

- Uncle Albers

- Ziwipeak

Thanks to everyone who has contacted the pet food companies and posted their statements. :thumbsup:

Edited by iDog

Is there a way to check the information supplied by the importer or there signed documents from the importer stating what they said?

The information in this post needs to be 100% accurate, it may sound over the top but I would hate for someones animal to get sick because they took this list as gospel.

Is there a way to check the information supplied by the importer or there signed documents from the importer stating what they said?

The information in this post needs to be 100% accurate, it may sound over the top but I would hate for someones animal to get sick because they took this list as gospel.

I understand the concern, but I'm not sure how else to confirm whether the food has been irradiated or not other than the statements made by the importers/manufacturers on their websites and to DOLers who have inquired. I don't know how legally binding these statements are or whether there would be any legal repercussions if they were found to be lying. Molasseslass apparently tried to obtain a list of foods that were not irradiated from AQIS but was denied as this would have violated the manufacturers privacy rights.

This is directly from Natura Foods USA(EVO, Innova, California Natural)

Colleen,

Rest assured that none of the Natura foods (Innova, Evo, California Natural, HealthWise or Mother Nature Treats) are irradiated anywhere including Australia. All of our foods are licensed under AQIS rules for importation and do not receive any type of irradiation.

Thank you for your email and support of our foods.

Sincerely,

Sean Gilpin

Natura Pet Products

You do realise why organisations just can't hand over that sort of information. Its a huge breach of privacy to the importers!

I don't consider it a breach of privacy.

If a product is required to be irradiated because of import conditions, then not only should this be publicly available but the products should also have it written on them in large, clear writing.