Dry Food To Raw-how Much?

Apple pips contains very small amounts of arsenic.

Yep, and they would need to be chewed to release it. Generally the seeds pass through whole so it's very unlikely the seeds would every cause a problem, unless of course you just fed seeds as the sole diet! :rofl:

If they seeds pass through a juicer, they don't remain whole. I cut the cores out.

Apple pips contains very small amounts of arsenic.

Yep, and they would need to be chewed to release it. Generally the seeds pass through whole so it's very unlikely the seeds would every cause a problem, unless of course you just fed seeds as the sole diet! :eek:

If they seeds pass through a juicer, they don't remain whole. I cut the cores out.

I do the same as poodlefan, all my vegies & fruit go through a juicer and I'm not willing to take the risk.

My vet adviced 10% chicken mince to the dry. I have 8 dogs and feed them supercoat. They go through 1 bag in about 10-12 days. ($44 for 18kgs) I stir through about 1.2 kilos of chicken mince (the carcass type) to about 2/3 a normal 10 litre bucket and dish out that into seperate bowls. Some that are a bit younger I give more too or if they are in whelp or feeding and some of the older ones that are a bit heavy I give less. They are all in great condition and happy active dogs.

I used to feed them Working Dog Cobber but found them putting on weight to easy.

How often do you go through a Cobber bag?

not much meat on a duck head but give it a go. I threw one to my Malinois when I did my duck and she looked at me like "what the HELL is that and dont tell me you expect me to eat it" :love:

rottie on the other hand swallowed it whole :laugh: