Meats - Brisbane

Just Midol

I get bones for about 50c/kg but I can't reveal my sources... :laugh:. I wasn't overly impressed with Canine Country.

There is a greyhound supplies store near here that does chicken mince in bulk. I can pass on those details to you if you like. I am sure they do bones as well but I think they are a bit more expensive than my other place.

Big Dog are fantastic! My fussy Poms turned their noses up at Canine Country after a few weeks but they have been happily hoovering Big Dog (Edge) for months now. Big tick from us :laugh: . They also do bones and plain minces as well as Barf Patties.

S.

Does anyone know of anyone within 2 hours or so of Brisbane who sells meats and bones?

http://www.caninecountry.com.au won't deliver to me so I am checking if anyone else is cheaper before I drive all the way there.

I recall someone mentioning a store somewhere (WEIA?) selling stuff cheap.

I see you're at the sunshine coast,have you checked out Aussie Pet Foods in Caboolture

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/bi/aussie-pe...qld-834970.html

I get my roo tails/roo meat from them,they're the only place that I've found that sell roo tails in large enough peices so my dog won't swallow them.Also I've found the quality of their roo is a lot better than some of the other places around Brissie that I've purchased from in the past.They also sell several different types of pet mince and meat chunks.

Jamie

I got a heap of the barf stuff from Acacia (they stock canine country) and my dogs refused to eat it I had to chuck it out!

I rang them about delivery too because they said they deliver to Ipswich but when I revealed that I'm 5 minutes out of Ipswich - nope no deliveries. What a pain in the arse.

I got a heap of the barf stuff from Acacia (they stock canine country) and my dogs refused to eat it I had to chuck it out!

I rang them about delivery too because they said they deliver to Ipswich but when I revealed that I'm 5 minutes out of Ipswich - nope no deliveries. What a pain in the arse.

Big Dog may be able to deliver to you. We pick ours up at Greenbank because they will hold it there in storage till we can pick it up. We used to get it delivered to Ipswich but it was during the day when nobody was there to put it away in the freezer.

If you have a chicken shop close by you could ask them to sell you their scraps, i pay $7.50 for 20kg ( mostly frames ) other than that you could ask the pet food mob if you can meet them somewhere to pick up your order.... i used to do this as well when i lived 45 minutes out of town.

Linda....

Yeah Midol - 'twas I. I used Big Dog Pet Foods for both my poochies & feline friends. They're good & cheap, but are situated in Lawnton North Brisbane. You can get them to deliver to the Sunshine Coast, but of course you'll have to pay a fee.

-WithEverythingIAm

Oops, two separate companies. So big dog deliver?

I think I might buy 50/50 from the two companies, compare price & quality and go from there. I've got a chest freezer now so I really want to get at least 2 months supply at a time.

Edited by Lord Midol

Big Dog may be able to deliver to you. We pick ours up at Greenbank because they will hold it there in storage till we can pick it up. We used to get it delivered to Ipswich but it was during the day when nobody was there to put it away in the freezer.

Cool thanks I will have to ring them when I need the next lot. :thumbsup:

Yeah Midol - 'twas I. I used Big Dog Pet Foods for both my poochies & feline friends. They're good & cheap, but are situated in Lawnton North Brisbane. You can get them to deliver to the Sunshine Coast, but of course you'll have to pay a fee.

-WithEverythingIAm

thanks, i live in lawnton, i am going there first thing monday. :thumbsup:

-WithEverythingIAm

Oops, two separate companies. So big dog deliver?

I think I might buy 50/50 from the two companies, compare price & quality and go from there. I've got a chest freezer now so I really want to get at least 2 months supply at a time.

If you're looking at buying any Kangaroo tails I'd get them from Aussie Pet Foods,the quality is much,much better!

-WithEverythingIAm

thanks, i live in lawnton, i am going there first thing monday. :)

I'd make sure they're open first,they usually close for a couple of weeks over Christmas I think.