Supercoat Question.

Guest english.ivy

Guest belgian.blue

more info.

What shops have you seen it in? Coles, woolies, city farmers? I'm going to try and get some after work today but it's too hot to go driving around so I'm just trying to get a clearer idea of where to look.

I don't normally look at the pet section at say coles so I'm not sure if they would have it.

Not being lazy from not looking myself, just after a little assistance :rofl:

Edited by belgian.blue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest belgian.blue

Wasn't sure if they just stock the basic line, not the special care ones too.

But thanks for clearing that up BC :rofl: Got a coles on the way home.

Wasn't sure if they just stock the basic line, not the special care ones too.

But thanks for clearing that up BC :( Got a coles on the way home.

"oops" I didn't read it properly.

Coles etc I'm pretty sure only have the basic lines from what I've seen .... possibly Petstock or something will have the wider range :rofl:

How come your buying Supercoat? In a thread just recently you told me to buy California natural coz it was the best stuff out :rofl: If your changing to Supercoat do it slowly coz it doesnt suit all dogs theres lots of fillers in it.When I tried it it gave my dogs the runs something cronic they did piles and piles of poop.I ended up chucking it out.

Guest belgian.blue
How come your buying Supercoat? In a thread just recently you told me to buy California natural coz it was the best stuff out :rofl: If your changing to Supercoat do it slowly coz it doesnt suit all dogs theres lots of fillers in it.When I tried it it gave my dogs the runs something cronic they did piles and piles of poop.I ended up chucking it out.

Cal Nat is still very good but its expensive and I now have to start watching what I spend.

The basic SC lines are full of fillers yes (and I wouldn't touch it) but if you look at the link, the special care lines are made without fillers for sensitive stomachs. They must be a new line?

That is why I want to get some asap while I have Cal Nat left so I can switch her over slowly :( If she doesn't do well then I will go back to CN.

Cal Nat is still very good but its expensive and I now have to start watching what I spend.

The basic SC lines are full of fillers yes (and I wouldn't touch it) but if you look at the link, the special care lines are made without fillers for sensitive stomachs. They must be a new line?

That is why I want to get some asap while I have Cal Nat left so I can switch her over slowly :( If she doesn't do well then I will go back to CN.

It does look pretty good looking at the ingredients although I don't like how salt is so high on the list (#5).

Guest belgian.blue

Contains 1.0% salt .. would that be a lot?

eta - Cal Nat puppy contains 0.35% salt and the other one I've been using is 0.273%.

I'm thinking thats a high jump in salt to what she eating?

Edited by belgian.blue

Better Pets and Gardens in Wangara stock it... I saw it there yesterday - the 10kg bags, can't remember the price tho. I'm guessing the other Better Pets probably would have it too (I think Midland might be your closest store?)

It looks quite similar to CopRice Puppy which is also now finally stocked in Perth (City Barn in Malaga stock it). CopRice puppy is actually what Ollie's breeder recommended but I couldn't get it at the time so have been using Royal Canin which is a bit too $$$ for my liking.

They

must be a new line?

Has been around for years,

We trialled it on a certain breed around 15 yrs ago & didnt like because the biscuit was like feeeding fish flakes & the dogs where choking on it.

Hopefully they addressed that issue.

Edited by settrlvr

Guest belgian.blue

Just spoke with Better Pets and the line is being discontinued. Apparently it isn't selling?

They only have 10kg bags left for $42.

I'm not spending that for a food I don't know how she will go on it. 10kgs a lot!

I also swithced from supercoat (i didn't know any better at the time) So now i feed Royal Canin. It's twice as expensive than supercoat (maybe a little bit more) but i only have to feed half as much RC than SC, so it really ends up costing the same. Just minus the dull coat, super huge poos. She has the shinest coat now and i have to go searching for her poos to clean up... lol

We're trying out Uncle Albers here....after husband not having a job for 5 months last year, funds are tight and I can't afford to spend $120+ on a bag of dog food. Uncle Albers has meat, chicken and fish as the first three ingredients, and it's made in Australia.

The dogs love it, but they only have it 2-3 times a week as most of their diet is raw food, so it's probably not making much of a difference to anything but my bank balance!