Gd Agility Training Days

Hate to give you the bad news Barb but the weather forecast has been updated. :laugh:

Wednesday......41

Thurs..............40

Fri..................40

Sat.................40

Sun................31 A bit of relief, if we haven't all suffered heat stroke by then.

Heard that this morning, Pippi. OMG. It's only 27 here, but that's getting warm - and the car is in the sun, where it's even hotter - and I have to go pack it up and set off to drive to Devonport and the boat - can you tell I'm putting that off. :mad

See you there.

I'm auditing Fri - Sun.... Apparently I heard on the radio that it's 40 from today until Sunday Eve.... OUCH!

Glad they've moved it from 7:30 - 1:30 but gee I'm going to struggle to stay awake considering I need to travel for an hr to get there *yawn* Such a shame, as I can't wait....

My dogs will be at home staying cool most likely.... so I guess they won't mind if I wear their cool coats right?!

I am not too happy. I don't do mornings!

:thumbsup: Take a brief moment to consider the dogs in the heat, particularly the younger dogs in the foundation session. Agility trials are shut down after 1/2 an hour at 32C for the safety of the dogs as well as judges/stewards and handlers.

It was 32 C at 11 am this morning, and we're 2 to 4 C cooler than Melbourne.

Glad they've moved it from 7:30 - 1:30 but gee I'm going to struggle to stay awake considering I need to travel for an hr to get there

Only an hour to get there? That would be a close venue for me :thumbsup:

It's going to take me closer to 2 hours and I honestly don't know how I will get my butt out of bed, but this is still a way better decision I think.

Still going to be pretty unbearable temperature wise.

You're right JulesP about the timing of this, but unfortunately when you book an overseas presenter you have to fit in with what time of the year is available for them - and it pretty much appears to be either the middle of our Winter or the middle of our Summer as we are working around both their trialling and European/US teaching commitments. Plus they generally tack Australian visits onto coming from somewhere else. (I know when Elicia was here, we organised it to fit in with her teaching in Japan, otherwise the cost of the air fares would have made the seminar cost astronomical) It's also harder when World Championships are held in September as those attending don't want a big chunk of time off from their dogs in the months leading up to that.

And for a long time, Victoria was an agilty wasteland in regard to seminar presenters even coming here, so I'm grateful that I actually don't have to travel interstate for once to go to a quality seminar , even if it means coping with this hideous weather. (Winter- bring it on!)

oh well will not be getting much sleep anyhow as I don't have air co!

Once I get used to the idea I will be ok. Have bad insomnia though so don't handle early starts well!

Tried to do some nice quiet nose touches today and Poppy monster was bouncing all over the place, not a dog that is bothered by the heat obviously!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Could someone who is going to the foundation day ( or anyday really ) and took notes, could they please pm me the notes. I really wanted to go to the foundation one but missed out :cry:

Edited by whitka