I Is Profeshanul

Well first time for everything ... helping a client today with handling his dog. Not that big a dog. Has a lunging problem.

These two terriers appear at their fence and RAAAARARARARARAA at me and dog ...

dog lunges

I take a step back right onto dry grass and fall A over T with dog still having a bark because my shoes slip.

See us trainers ARE human after all :happydance2: Didnt I look like a right doofus :( at least it was only with like 10 people watching :) BTW I got the dog walking nicely by the end of the session

Well first time for everything ... helping a client today with handling his dog. Not that big a dog. Has a lunging problem.

These two terriers appear at their fence and RAAAARARARARARAA at me and dog ...

dog lunges

I take a step back right onto dry grass and fall A over T with dog still having a bark because my shoes slip.

See us trainers ARE human after all :happydance2: Didnt I look like a right doofus :( at least it was only with like 10 people watching :) BTW I got the dog walking nicely by the end of the session

LMBO happens to the best of us.

Tohko had me fly like superman one day.

We went camping and as I got him out of the car, this dog came running up to us, I held Tohko close but as this dog ran between my legs I jumped up so he could go under, JUST as tohko lunged, I actually flew through the air, Elbows bleeding and all.

Was not funny at the time, but I wish someone was Recording it.. :happydance2:

Ash...

Of course Erny I was lowering my centre of gravity in order to apply an effective correction and bringing myself down to the dogs level in order to project my assertion of control and dominance.

Now to cover up the scrape on my poor little elbow :( Hey I tell people I can make the dogs walk, not guarantee that the trainer will be in any way, shape or form coordinated enough to hold herself upright for the entire session. The poor owner just went 'yeah he does that too me a lot too'

Karma bites though ... next monday mr Macho man is off to get his nuts removed :happydance2: see pull me over and Nekkers gets another set of jars on her cabinet :)

Of course Erny I was lowering my centre of gravity in order to apply an effective correction and bringing myself down to the dogs level in order to project my assertion of control and dominance.

Ahh now you are talking, you can't be a 'speshul' dog trainer without your own mysterious-sounding lingo. You also need an acronym, maybe Dog Orientation Opportunistically Facilitating Unusual Scenes? The DOOFUS exercise for short.

I'm not a professional (not hard to tell!) but I was spectacularly tripped up a few weeks ago by my pup deciding she just had to pounce on a dead leave blowing along in front of me - and lots of people watching that one!

Edited by Diva

The best way to train dog is with a sense of humor and relaxed. It works all the time and when you stuff up who cares, dust yourself off and try again :(

works like a charm.

maybe Dog Orientation Opportunistically Facilitating Unusual Scenes? The DOOFUS exercise for short.

That is SOOOOOO me it's not funny :eek: