Stinky Boy Puppies

FB Rescue_Adoption

Hi There,

Max is and has always been a little smelly boy! He's 5 months now, still stinky.... Stella is a perfumed rose next to him. Both get bathed about once a month sometimes less depending on how dirty they get, I try to just wet towel them to prevent 'over washing' them and stripping the oils out of their coat.

Why does he smell? Is it a smelly boy thing? (sorry guys!) :eek: (no offense!)..

I've tried working out where the smell comes from, it's not in his ears or mouth or near any particular part of his body, his coat is shiny and smooth. The smell is a mix between dirty socks and bad breath..not pleasant! and definately not the kind of smell that makes you want to ask him for a kiss!

More and more people are calling him 'stinkypants'... :-(

Any idea's why the stink?

I have seen him squat and pee then he gets distracted and decides to sit on the spot - right in it...so 'yes' at times it is like urine. I've just checked in his mouth again and he has many of his adult teeth that have just broken through the surface..sometimes there is a faint odor.... maybe it's just a combination of things accumulating ?

Have a whiff near his bottom. If it stinks to high heaven, most likely it is his anal glands. Anal glands can become blocked and when they are, there is a horrific stink and sometimes a 'slime' will end up on your clothes if he sits on you. (Gross I know.)

If it's his bottom stinking get him to the vet and they can empty them.

Just wondering....

If the problem is smelly feet, what can you do about it? I noticed my pups feet may be starting to get a little 'sweaty' smelling (I noticed my hands had a mild odour after touching her paws pads)

He is on a raw diet, no grain and a small amount of vegetable pulp, some offal,sardines and yoghurt occasionally. Stella is on the same diet and she is in great health. I've checked his feet - they're ok. I think he must pee on himself by accident ... I've seen him pee and walk at the same time so maybe that's it. He is also getting in under the house where its really dirty so I think it's a combination of dirt, pee, baby teeth coming out etc. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for your replies. I wanted to know if there was something I was overlooking on this..

sweaty feet?

anal glands- are they perhaps seeping?

retained baby teeth?

I'm interested in your reply...it's definately not anal glands as I know they have a VERY distinctive smell and with all the bones he eats his pooh is white and hard a lot of the time so he would have to be emptying them by default I would have thought!

Why do dogs get sweaty feet? They do have a bit of a sweaty smell coming from them now that I smell them...and how about the baby teeth? These have all come out at the front and his adult set are growing through but the side teeth are very loose - do these start to rot ?

Just wondering....

If the problem is smelly feet, what can you do about it? I noticed my pups feet may be starting to get a little 'sweaty' smelling (I noticed my hands had a mild odour after touching her paws pads)

Just dunk them in white vinegar ,just buy the cheapie stuff dilute & dunk feet. Dogs can also suffer from Tinea lick us because they lick & lick there feet that they stay so moist they pong.

Dogs cool from there feet thats why if ther hot they will stand in the water to cool

Just wondering....

Just dunk them in white vinegar ,just buy the cheapie stuff dilute & dunk feet. Dogs can also suffer from Tinea lick us because they lick & lick there feet that they stay so moist they pong.

Dogs cool from there feet thats why if ther hot they will stand in the water to cool

Interesting! Thanks I'll try this!

Bath him more often. Once a month isn't anywhere near enough if he's piddling on himself.

And take him to the vet....piddling on himself isn't normal, he might have an infection which could be contributing to the smell.

Bath him more often. Once a month isn't anywhere near enough if he's piddling on himself.

And take him to the vet....piddling on himself isn't normal, he might have an infection which could be contributing to the smell.

I've had young male dogs who've routinely piddled on their front legs, chests or hind legs. Fortunately their aims improved. :rolleyes:

Teething dogs can have bad breath.