jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

Yes we got home yesterday, now to try and get the routine worked out... I'll put some pics up when i've put them on the computer next..

So what's everyone been up to?

What have we been up to???

Not nearly anything as exciting as you!

Glad all's well.... now the 'fun' begins 'eh?

Look forward to pics :)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Tim & Tanya on your new arrival and Happy balted B'day to tlc :D

I went into PGD yesterday and found they are now selling puppies :mad One pen of little white fluffy puppies and two pens of BC, BC x Kelpie and Kelpie puppies. Great breeds for impulse buys in a pet shop. :banghead: Worst thing is they have them set up on pens on that cold concrete floor, with just enough torn newspaper to hide the floor but certainly not provide any insulation. No bedding and no way of getting off the floor :mad

Apparently it's been reported to WCC and while they aren't happy about it, there isn't anything they can do. I'm kind of hoping that the more people who report it, maybe they will have to do something. I wonder what happens to the puppies when the staff go home for the night. :(

Congrats Tim & Tanya on your new arrival and Happy balted B'day to tlc :D

I went into PGD yesterday and found they are now selling puppies :mad One pen of little white fluffy puppies and two pens of BC, BC x Kelpie and Kelpie puppies. Great breeds for impulse buys in a pet shop. :banghead: Worst thing is they have them set up on pens on that cold concrete floor, with just enough torn newspaper to hide the floor but certainly not provide any insulation. No bedding and no way of getting off the floor :mad

Apparently it's been reported to WCC and while they aren't happy about it, there isn't anything they can do. I'm kind of hoping that the more people who report it, maybe they will have to do something. I wonder what happens to the puppies when the staff go home for the night. :(

G'Day stranger! :wave:

Yes I have seen this, and I've been getting stuck into them on Facebook but they just remove my posts and I have now been blocked. (fair enough I 'spose!)

Unfortunately they are doing nothing 'wrong', even if it's unethical.

Pet Goods Direct are the same company as Pets Paradise, but always had a rule of not selling puppies.... times are tough, however, and they have done a back-flip. Most PGD Stores are privately owned now, and the owners are able to do whatever they like in their stores, so we are seeing more and more PGD selling puppies, I'm afraid.

I'll hand it to Petstock..... they have always stuck to their guns regarding not selling puppies!

Yes we went to PGD about a mth ago and the Kelpie x puppies were there then, I had to take something plastic out of one of their mouths as it was chewing on it, I felt sorry for the poor things they didnt' have water or anything...

How sad - good on you for giving them stick on FB JJ. I guess while puppies are legally able to be sold in pet stores then that's just the way it is, but at least keep them in decent conditions :(

I haven't been in there for ages but was in the vicinity and thought I'd have a look at the plastic crate sizes since PS always have theirs on the racks. I had enough of a look at the info sheets to see that they are advertising the kelpie breed as "relatively free from inherited diseases" and absolutely no mention of inherited diseases in the BCs. Minimal mention of training and exercise requirements. :mad No way will I be buying anything from them now.

I have seen puppies in Petstock in Warrnambool but it was years ago back in the old store. I suspect it was the previous manager/owner taking matters into their own hands more than anything. But I mentioned it to the girl behind the counter at PS that it was good to see that they hadn't gone done that track. :thumbsup:

We went into PGD today as we need a timber bird nesting box.(not for $130+ though!!!)

There was a number of litters in there and as Jess said... all on concrete with a small amount of torn-up paper as a liner (which was pushed to one end where the pups were NOT laying).

The whole shop is dirty, dusty, messy and smelly.

I heard the new manager was gonna "turn things around" in there but the whol;e joint has turned to shit.

It's nothing but a dingy typical pet store now..... complete with puppies.

There were ducks penned, with no food and a very small water bowl for drinking only.

I was also shocked to see signs on ALL the pens INVITING people to pat all the puppies, rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Ducks!

We were looking at the reptile section, and found half an inch of dust on everything.... then we saw there prices and realized why it had been sitting there so long! :laugh: $105 for one heat lamp that I sell for $49.95.... same lamp, same brand, same everything. :eek:

Most of there products were at least double my prices, which was good to see.

Surely their days are numbered out there.... clearly they are not selling much, and the staff have clearly lost interest as the place was generally filthy.

While we were there, we found a hose hanging from a big display fish tank, siphoning water all over the floor, flooding the floor and damaging furniture and products.

We couldn't find one member of staff the time we were there, so we just pulled the hose out of the tank and walked out.

It was really depressing to see what could be a decent pet store, collapsing in upon itself, and finding it necessary to go the way of so many others, just to stay afloat.

If I didn't know the stubbornness of the owner as I do, I'd have said it would be closed by the end of the month.

Unfortunately, it has struggled-on so long now, he may just keep it running to save-face, as that is what he would be doing now. :(

JJ, did the staff there really have any interest to begin with, the whole store is a disgrace! They really are clueless, they don't even talk to their customers and I for one spend a lot of money in pet (type) shops but they won't be getting a cent of me ever again!!

Jess, nice to see you pop in, thanks for the birthday wishes, hope your girls are well.

Not much news from me, went to a 21st last night, had an absolute ball, just editing the many photos I took as I was appointed official photographer, it was a great night, we laughed so much my stomached ached all night. :laugh:

My unofficial birthday celebrations begin this week, Tuesday night to be exact since all my birthday plans were put on hold as I took off to my mums to help her out as she has been unwell. I had plans with a friend who was coming to stay but we postponed as I wasn't home. bring on my days off, lots of shopping and going out to dinner and really looking forward to it as my birthday last year was a bust due to being sick!

Anyway Tanya hows life as a Mumma going, still waiting on a pic of your little beauty, hope she is doing well.

Hello, Hello to everyone :wave: alot has been happening i see , Big Congrats to Tim & Tanya also Happy Belated Birthday wishes tlc :flower::flower: ( one each :laugh: )you may or may not have heard that Cavalblaze has had her Baby as well, little Emma Rose who is now 2 weeks old...

I also have a bit of a rant :mad , Remember Bundy now Bailey ? he is on his way back today, the excuse is he bit her when she woke him when he was asleep on the couch, funnily enough she has now got a boyfriend who wont let him in the bedroom at all now and looks like they have got engaged, i think there maybe a little jealousy happening there as he was always saying things about her being in love with the dog ! oh well she also said a dog trainer she was using said the dog was born like it ??? obviously hasnt had much to do with abused dogs ??? mind you he's been gone 7 months and no other reports of him doing anything ???.....sorry rant over i'm just mighty pissed off with her .

Congratulations Cav on Emma Rose!!! Hope all's well. :)

How is everything with you Tim&Tanya??? Still waiting for pics! :provoke:

I hear you were in Hospital with one of my regular customers who was also in to have her baby,

she says your little one is VERY cute!!!

Tenties how is Bundy going there???? Been "attacking" you I assume???

Glad he's back with you by the sounds..... what a piss-weak 'excuse' for moving-on a dog anyway!! :mad

Edited to say....

I saw on Facebook that Pet Goods Direct are selling EVERYTHING at 50% Off!

As soon as I read it I thought "Oh well..... Looks like they're closing down now too"

and then I read tonight here on DOL that the whole Pets Paradise, Pet Goods Direct (and others within the company) have collapsed and are now in receivership.

To be honest, I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

I feel sorry for the local staff though.... there are some nice people working there, especially one girl who is really lovely.

The Manager came from the Geelong store, promising to "turn this store around" but when I heard her last store went bust and closed, I didn't hold much hope.

Edited by jerojath

I did wonder when I seen that on the news article, I vaguely remember PP and PGD being linked. Are they planning on keeping the stores running to find a buyer, or liquidating the lot and closing them down?

The only thing of interest in that store would be a puppy crate but even 50% off wouldn't tempt me into buying from a store that keeps puppies in those conditions, receivership or not.

I did wonder when I seen that on the news article, I vaguely remember PP and PGD being linked. Are they planning on keeping the stores running to find a buyer, or liquidating the lot and closing them down?

The only thing of interest in that store would be a puppy crate but even 50% off wouldn't tempt me into buying from a store that keeps puppies in those conditions, receivership or not.

Not much info on that Jess.

Privately owned PP stores will continue to operate as normal.

Head Office-owned stores (including Warrnambool PGD) will cease operations, probably on the back of "If buyers can't be found" but I should think that would be highly unlikely.... Gary has been loosing a lot of money for a long time.

He has shut-shop in many, many locations, with the Pet Barn chain taking over some of them.

Quite a few stores have been closing of late, including Geelong Pet Goods Direct which went under very suddenly.

Edited to say...

You're dead right Jess.... I went in to look at Reptile Enclosures, and even at 50% discount they were STILL dearer than my full retail prices! They had one there for over $1100, down to $550+..... I sell it for $499.

Edited by jerojath

The sooner they leave town the better! Even at 50% off their prices would still be ridiculously expensive!

Tenties how's Bundy/Bailey settling back in with you? Will you look for another home for him? People are just shit hey!!