Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

I will be good for the 13th for sure, I am heading away after that (16th) to my mums for a couple of weeks, Yay for time off work!!

JJ photos or it didnt happen. :laugh:

Oh and petstock is AWESOME!!

Yep... agree about Petstock. I popped in today on my way out of town.

They really aren't ready to be open and clearly have a lot of work to do, but you get the idea and it looks pretty good in there.

I see they are building a Grooming Salon as well as a Dog Wash! It's certainly going to be a great store.

I think I have been into almost every Petstock store and this will be the better one I reckon.

I believe Warrnambool Petstock (in it's old location) was only the third Petstock store and the first to operate as a franchise. I think they will do well out there.... PGD has survived there somehow and it's pathetic, Petstock have got it right so they should thrive.

:laugh: sorry tlc no pics today! I did have an amazing couple of hours with Western & Chappel Island Tiger Snakes, Colletts Snakes (my ABSOLUTE Favorites!) as well as Eastern Browns and Fierce Snakes. I didn't get to handle them all, as not all of them are 'good' handlers, even when worked with a hook, and I am NOT experienced enough to fool around with snakes like that just yet!

But..... I DID come home with this little guy! Well, he's little now but will end up longer than the Mitsubishi!!! :laugh:

post-14146-0-80628600-1336050673_thumb.jpg

He's so awesome and I think I'm in love all over again!!! :o

Edited by jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He does look a bit cute! How old is he? Does he live up to his name? :laugh: do they make good pets? I mean can you pat and interact with them or is that a totally stupid question? He doesn't look happy in that picture or is he just laughing? :laugh:

I asked the guys at PS yesterday about the dog wash/grooming room and he said the dog wash wont be expensive and not timed, the grooming room will be used by a groomer to groom customers dogs. I asked about using the grooming room and they said they thought something could be arranged as they would rather see it used than empty. The manger is really nice and they all seem to "know" their stuff which is great.

I'm off to the vet again this morning, fluid has built up again but not as bad as last time, so I'm hoping they we either leave it or drain one more time and that will be the end of it.

JJ please don't close the thread! Where would I lurk then? I only have a few of you on my FB list so I would miss out on all the stickybeaking I do!

Love your new crocbubba, doesn't look like the flight and trip from the airport has phased him much!

He's about 6 months old.

No, you can't really 'pat' him, as you would lose a finger and before long. your entire arm.

They don't make good pets at all, unless of course you desperately want a Crocodile!

He is for our Demonstrations and will be taped so he can't bite anyone.

Taping their snout shut isn't cruel.... it actually seeems to relax and de-stress them on most occasions.

It's for everyone's safety too, of course.

Depending on how he settles in, Snap may make his debut at the Mothers Day Night at Bunnings next week ;)

If he hasn't eaten before then or settled down well, then we will leave him at home.

I have always loved all reptiles, but this Croc (even at this size!) is just something else..... the "ultimate" reptile, I guess. I'm totally hooked. Setting up for him (properly) cost thousands of dollars and is really only temporary.... he is going to need a much bigger habitat in years to come, but I am already planning for another Crocodile. I really want a 'Saltwater Crocodile' which can grow to up to 8 meters in length, but the Wife hasn't given me 'the nod' on that just yet!

Jj you need to build your self a big Reptile santuray where you can live in luxury with all your scaly creatures!! :laugh:

Are you having a stall/stand at the Mothers day night at Bunnings? Daz bought his snaky in the other day and a few of the team had a hold and a pat, and a few customers looked on in dismay. :laugh:

Poor Cooper had to have the fluid drained form the wound site and he is wrapped again, the vet is hoping for this to be the last time as she said there wasn't as much this time as there was last time, so fingers crossed we won't have to go back, I made an appointment but she said take the bandage off the night before and if it looks ok not to worry about coming in, otherwise we'll go again!

Jj you need to build your self a big Reptile santuray where you can live in luxury with all your scaly creatures!! :laugh:

Are you having a stall/stand at the Mothers day night at Bunnings? Daz bought his snaky in the other day and a few of the team had a hold and a pat, and a few customers looked on in dismay. :laugh:

Poor Cooper had to have the fluid drained form the wound site and he is wrapped again, the vet is hoping for this to be the last time as she said there wasn't as much this time as there was last time, so fingers crossed we won't have to go back, I made an appointment but she said take the bandage off the night before and if it looks ok not to worry about coming in, otherwise we'll go again!

Chantel has been booked for a presentation for the night.

Hey, tell Darren he really needs to be careful doing that. By law, that snake is not allowed to leave the licensed premises unless it is directly related to obtaining Veterinary treatment.

It's ok for him to want to show his work-mates, but when he's got customers watching on he could get into a lot of trouble. It only takes ONE person there to see it and report him.... often it's not people who have an understanding of the law, but rather "Greenies" and the like who don't like seeing such animals being paraded, that make the call to DSE or 'Parks' etc. He would be fined heavily, lose his animals and lose his license.... it's just not worth it. We are allowed to take our reptiles out into the public, but we pay a LOT of money for such a license for the privilege. There would be no point in us doing this if "everyone" was allowed to take their animals out and about! Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with him taking his single snake to work, but there are people who would. A Woman took her Carpet Snake to a local Primary School Fete last year as an "attraction". Someone reported her and she was fined, stripped of her license and is never allowed to keep a protected species again. The 'wrong' person was at the fete, didn't like what they saw and reported the school, who in-turn passed the authorities onto the owner of the snake. She also faced up to 6 months jail time, but as a first offense, got lucky this time. Just letting him know. I will have a chat to him when I see him next if you'd rather. :) I like Darren and Bec and they LOVE that snake of theirs, I'd hate to see anything happen to them! :(

Poor Cooper! Geez, it really seems to be taking a long time to right itself!

I can't remember if I already asked you this, but can't the Vet suture-in an open drain and just let the fluid flush itself out??? Seems crazy to have to keep going back and having it drained, especially as Coops doesn't like going to the Vets. Seems a little unnecessary to me :confused:

Still, he seems to be taking it all in his stride. He's a good boy, luckily for you! :laugh:

Hope the site looks great when you take the bandage off..... fingers crossed for ya! :crossfingers:

Wow I had no idea of the drama it could cause taking a reptile out and about! I'll have a chat to him tomorrow and see if he is aware.

Yes poor Ccop has been better than I expected at the vet trying his best to please me by being on his best behavior but he definatley knew where we were going this morning and cried all the way there. He was even happy to see the vet who sticks the needle in! :eek: she did say the drain tube would be the next step if there is still a lot of fluid after the week goes by. I think if there is a minimal amount, less than this week I will take my chances that it will dissipate by itself.

Is anyone heading out to petstock on the weekend? They have some great bargains for their grand "reopening"

I haven't been to either of those restaurants (we never get out these days!!!) but I've heard great things about them both.

The Pickled Pig seems to have developed a real following.... people love the place!!!

PS..... They have a Facbook page if you're interested.

Edited by jerojath

Think I am going to have to pull the pin on tomorrow too. Between the weather and trying to get sorted to go away, and now Seans mums in hospital, so I am going to do an impromptu Delta visit up there. Wish there was more time in a day, anyone notice the older you get the faster time goes. :(

Well we had an eventful day, up at 6 and down at sale by 8.30, the walk there is fantastic, it goes around a big lake and is a lovely walk. My lot were pretty well behaved except Miss Tully who did a lot of barking! Which I expected but all in all it was great. Not quite as many people or activities at the finish but still very well coordinated! How did everyone else go? Anyone go?