Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Wow it would be awesome if you got a bigger shop, the clive peters space would be excellent especially if pet stock was going in there too, lots of pet stuff in one area! I had a customer in the shop the other day looking for something 'breathable' to keep her snake from getting out of a hole in its enclosure, I asked if she had spoken to you and she said yes she was one of your best customers. :laugh: She works at the Lava st vet clinic.

Another one by the end of the year, do tell or is it a secret?

I guess if you shift it will be a massive job now that you have just got everything set up, how long you been open for now?

Sounds like Killarney was much the same today as it was yesterday, I didn't enjoy it much but the dogs sure did!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow it would be awesome if you got a bigger shop, the clive peters space would be excellent especially if pet stock was going in there too, lots of pet stuff in one area! I had a customer in the shop the other day looking for something 'breathable' to keep her snake from getting out of a hole in its enclosure, I asked if she had spoken to you and she said yes she was one of your best customers. :laugh: She works at the Lava st vet clinic.

Another one by the end of the year, do tell or is it a secret?

I guess if you shift it will be a massive job now that you have just got everything set up, how long you been open for now?

Sounds like Killarney was much the same today as it was yesterday, I didn't enjoy it much but the dogs sure did!

Yeah she's the trainee Nurse at Lava Street.... she did tell me her snake had escaped but she'd found it again.

I did warn her.... she's using a home-made enclosure and I reckon 9 times out of 10, they end up more trouble than it's worth, with escaped snakes, snakes stuck in vents. or worse case scenario.... injured snakes or lizards.

Tarni will have her 2nd and last litter at the end of this year. This is subject to our proposed stud dog returning safe hip & elbow scores. If all goes well we will have the litter and keep a pup, probably a bitch as I really want to get back out in the field with a young Vizsla and I like working the girls best - especially on Quail. We'll just have to wait and see what happens and see what we get, but that's the plan!

We've only been operating there for about 9 months and we're at the point we expected to be at after 2 years. Initially, we took a lease on the premises for 2 years thinking it would take that long to outgrow it, if ever. We really need space now.... we've got a heap of stuff hidden away in cupboards because there is nowhere to display it, and it's gonna be a LOT worse over the next week or two with a new range of 'big' items arriving. I reckon being near Pet Stock would suit me just perfectly. :)

What an awesome day it's been today.... hot and sunny, rainy and steamy and now cold and windy!

We've had to bring in a lot of stuff from the back of our place because I was worried we would loose it!

I had a quick squid in petstock today and I was amazed at the transformation, much cool stuff to check out. Ezy dog products, ( no one else sells this stuff in town) not a lot but still. Some nice doggy clothes, great toys etc. And the service was great!

Also Prime is getting more and more stuff in all the time and it's a great doggy shop too, they have the range of awesome squirtz shampoos and conditioners which hasn't been around since the co op was open.

A big thumbs up to these two oval businesses from me! Look forward to petstock shifting they might have a sale. :laugh: 20% would be nice!

I had a quick squid in petstock today and I was amazed at the transformation, much cool stuff to check out. Ezy dog products, ( no one else sells this stuff in town) not a lot but still. Some nice doggy clothes, great toys etc. And the service was great!

Also Prime is getting more and more stuff in all the time and it's a great doggy shop too, they have the range of awesome squirtz shampoos and conditioners which hasn't been around since the co op was open.

A big thumbs up to these two oval businesses from me! Look forward to petstock shifting they might have a sale. :laugh: 20% would be nice!

Yes I'm told they have a much bigger range these days.... haven't been in myself yet!

Hey... here's a "sneak peak" of my latest aquisition....

post-14146-0-96867300-1334372983_thumb.jpg

Edited by jerojath

Awww so cute, is it a wallaby? Pet?

We had one as kids, she kept escaping when she was fully grown so she went to the oasis to live. She was a fabulous pet. Do you need a license?

Awww so cute, is it a wallaby? Pet?

We had one as kids, she kept escaping when she was fully grown so she went to the oasis to live. She was a fabulous pet. Do you need a license?

He's a Northern Swamp Wallaby.

He was hand-raised as an orphan and wont join in with other Wallabies so needs to be part of a human family.

He is currently living at a Wildlife Park (with the owners) but the Park is closing down soon.

All the exhibits have found new homes within other Parks and Zoo's, but this little guy isn't suitable.

He will join our Kinder Kritters Team and be used in educational incursions.

Yes you do need a special licence for these!

We have Wallaby-proofed our property, but he will spend most of his time in the house with the family.

Tarni will love the company as she loves any other animal and 'Mothers' them.... she's taken a 'shining' to a 10-Foot Snake we have at home lately!!!

Just gotta wait a couple of weeks for permits to happen.....

We are also hoping to add some Sugar Gliders and Feathertails to the Zoo soon, too! :)

Well that's fantastic! I bet the kids love having all kinds of "not" the usual kind of pet. :laugh:

You'd think so, wouldn't you???

With all we've got (LOTS of Snakes, Lizards, Dragons, Frogs, Turtles, Crocodile, Geckos etc etc and with what's to come (Wallaby, Gliders etc) they still want nothing but a KITTEN!!!! :laugh:

:laugh: But of course! Funny kids, so when does the kitty arrive??

Be a while off yet..... when Hell freezes over.

What's that crackling noise i hear...cup's hand to ear........ surly it's not.....cant be..... HELL FREEZING OVER..... :laugh:

my friend has 3 wee little boy's she has handraised after finding them in a trailer, looks like the Easter Bunny was late in getting one to you the kids :laugh:

LOL JJ Kitty would be seen as lunch by half of your pets, and would probably go a-hunting the other half!!

When the sugar glider arrives, make sure you name it "Puss" - and don't let the bigger snakes and the croc go hungry when the little glider is about!!:laugh:

:laugh: But of course! Funny kids, so when does the kitty arrive??

Be a while off yet..... when Hell freezes over.

What's that crackling noise i hear...cup's hand to ear........ surly it's not.....cant be..... HELL FREEZING OVER..... :laugh:

my friend has 3 wee little boy's she has handraised after finding them in a trailer, looks like the Easter Bunny was late in getting one to you the kids :laugh:

Easter Bunny??? They're all Snake food here! :laugh:

Nope.... I love that the kids are able to enjoy so many amazing creatures, but even as an "animal lover" I can honestly say I have ZERO appreciation for cats! After years of working in a clinic and having countless native animals brought in almost daily dead, or dying, from a cat 'attack', I have no sympathy for them.

What pees me off the most is that whenever I complain to neighbours about their cat in my yard, shitting on my lawn or spraying on my lounge-room windows, they all say the same thin..... "Couldn't possibly have been MY cat... he NEVER wanders and I NEVER let him out at night!" Well, I got news for them.... their cats DO wander, they DO shit on my lawn and they DO piss on my windows. They EVEN get into my lizard enclosure and KILL nine of my Bluetongues! If someones DOG behaved like that there would be a huge outcry! The council would swoop, seize the dog, have a Dangerous Dog label branded on its arse and probably even make the paper! Imagine if my pet Red-Bellied Black Snake was found on the neighbours back patio.... do you think they would just ignore it? Or if one of my HUGE Pythons pissed on their front porch? I'd have police on my doorstep! But for some reason it's as if it is EXPECTED from cats, and cat owners seem to believe that neighbours should just be tolerant of this! Well between you and me (and anyone else reading this! :laugh: ) we are buying a cat trap from George Taylors because OUR neighbours have not listened to our gentle requests nor harsh suggestions, so their kitties wont be going home one night soon! So, in a very long-winded fashion, I have explained why our children will NEVER be getting a cat. :)

Can you tell I don't like cats??? :laugh:

A trap is a great idea, send that menace kitty packing!! You are deadly right about cats and the damage they do and owners are slack! I do love my cats though, my old girl will be 21 in December if she makes it that long, she is still in good health for her age so we think she has a bit of life in her yet. Her days consists of sleep, eat, sleep eat, sleep eat. :laugh: she does go outside into the back yard with the dogs but I know she never leaves the yard as she cannot jump the fences they are too high for her! She sleeps in the dog kennel and under the dog beds. I think she sometimes thinks she is one of the dogs, I've tried to get a photo of her with all the dogs together but it is rather impossible. :laugh:

A trap is a great idea, send that menace kitty packing!! You are deadly right about cats and the damage they do and owners are slack! I do love my cats though, my old girl will be 21 in December if she makes it that long, she is still in good health for her age so we think she has a bit of life in her yet. Her days consists of sleep, eat, sleep eat, sleep eat. :laugh: she does go outside into the back yard with the dogs but I know she never leaves the yard as she cannot jump the fences they are too high for her! She sleeps in the dog kennel and under the dog beds. I think she sometimes thinks she is one of the dogs, I've tried to get a photo of her with all the dogs together but it is rather impossible. :laugh:

I can totally understand why people love their cats, don't get me wrong!

Everyone is different.... people struggle to understand why I've always loved the scaly-ones amongst us!

I guess it's like anything.... can't blame the animal (cats are programmed to 'hunt') but it's the irresponsible actions of the majority of owners that sticks, unfortunately.

If my neighbours said "Oh I'm terribly sorry! I have such awful trouble keeping him in!" I would understand, but when they say "Meh! It's a cat! What can you do for a cat?" my blood boils!

Isn't there a curfew for cats in Warrnambool??? I know there was where I used to live and it worked! If a cat was found out after hours, or brought in to the pound before curfew lifted in the morning, it was put to sleep, no questions. That was in WA though....

The last few times we have been walking at Tower Hill we have seen domestic cats within the reserve. They really should be baited or shot like the foxes.

I think there is a curfew for cats in Warrnambool but I'm not sure what it is. That's not good about tower hill, probly cats from houses up around the crater.

If Tower Hill reserve is more than a couple of acres and there is plenty of birds, lizards, mice, grasshoppers etc. it would not surprise to me to find that pet cats have moved in and are starting a new generation of ferals. Local ranger would probably be able to have an informed guess.

Where I live (surrounded by State Forest) feral cats have been breeding for almost a century. Some of them are the size of bobcats or bigger and prey on wallabies mostly. I have spoken to people who've sworn they've seen panther size ones, but I don't believe that.

Hey guys, we should organise our play date at Brierly... I'm keen as before I get too huge, and can't walk lol...

Good idea Tanya, anyone else keen? we could make it a Sunday and JJ could come and bring the Mrs and the kids, oh and Tarni of course! If we made it just after lunch say 1ish, dog training up there would be finished for the day. The only thing is there could be others at the play ground and if that was the case we could just keep our distance from there as long as we are 30m away its all good and the dogs can be off lead.

Edited by tlc