Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

I totally agree, I wouldn't work for the in an iron lung, I don't even go in there any more, I used to go in on occasion in the hope they had lifted their game but no such luck! Don't even know how they are still trading!

They are still trading because Gary is too pig-headed and proud to concede defeat!

The managers here at PGD Warrnambool (in the past, dunno who's running the show now) quite openly tell customers that the store is going broke and running at a loss! :eek: I'd shoot my staff for telling customers that!!! I think maybe they just get fed-up.

I know when my Brother was manager (or might have been Assistant Manager) there, he would just say "Sorry! Nothin' I can do. Take it up with head-office!" coz he was so sick of the complaints! :(

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see why your bro got out when he did, wise move!

Hey have you got your croc yet?

Aaaah the Crocodile. Never have I had so many dramas in my life!!!

It has been a constant fight to get this Crocodile!

We are fully licensed Demonstrators with DSE, so we are allowed to keep anything we like.

We meet all local government guidelines relating to the keeping of such species for commercial purposes, blah, blah, blah. For a while there though, it looked as if we would not be able to have a Crocodile....

BUT! IF (and that is a big 'IF') all goes to plan, we will be collecting our Crocodile from Melbourne late Tuesday night. And not a moment too soon, as we have an incursion booked at a local school for first thing Wednesday morning, so he's going to be put to work very quickly! :laugh:

I will post some pics of 'Snap' as soon as he arrives. ;)

post-14146-0-78803800-1332499789_thumb.png

This sounds awesome!! I'm sure you will get massive amounts of people!

Yeah I hope so. It is a world-wide movement, but we thought we'd do our bit here in town. :)

We aren't allowed to pull out any Venomous Snakes, but will have a range of pythons including Children's, Spotteds, Stimsons, Diamonds, Black-Headed, Murray-Darling Carpet Snakes etc. We might even bring out the big guns!

It will be a fairly brief presentation I'd imagine, maybe 30mins, but should be really interesting for anyone who hasn't had anything to do with snakes. We try to change peoples perceptions of snakes through their children... kids love reptiles and rarely show much fear, but it's the actions of their parents that does so much harm. If I got a dollar for every time someone came into my shop saying "Geez, I shoulda brought my shovel!". The kids hear their dads talk like this and immediately think snakes are awful animals! I keep a very large number of snakes, and there is only ONE here who really scares the crap out of me! :laugh: That's not bad going, I reckon! ;)

Basically we will be sharing some interesting facts about snakes, giving people the opportunity to see a number of really pretty snakes, and hopefully realize that they aren't all that bad, and are an important part of our Eco-system. We'll see what sort of reception we get, I guess! :laugh: I'm told The Standard are running with it, as is one of the local radio stations, unsure which one, and Gateway Plaza were going to push it on their website etc. I hope it's worthwhile. :)

Soloman won his Baby Puppy class today against a 5 1/2 mth old Baby :-) next show is Colac..

Good work team! :thumbsup:

Tenties are you going both days at Colac? I am only entered for Saturday I'll look you up then!

Entered on Saturday only ( if i can find the new grounds :confused: ) under Bill

Meant to also say the show was Sovereign City and Solly did his individual like a little pro i brought him a stuffed frog that ribbits when you squeeze it as a treat :laugh: for being such a good boy

Edited by Tenties

Just been to the dog wash as Tarni is off to the Vet tomorrow and needed to smell all pretty! :laugh:

I went to Mortlake Rd Dog Wash. Got there at 7:58 and noticed the sign said closes at 8:00, so I'm thinking "Phew! Just snuck in!"

Then I go to the door, and find the place all locked-up! Early! Strange thing is, the lights were all on, and there was a flashing neon sign which said 'open', and there was a board out on the street which said Dog Wash Open, yet the bloody Dog Wash was CLOSED!!! Not Happy!

Luckily the one out West was still open (and relatively clean today!) so we had a good scrub there. :)

Jj have you met the owner? he seems like a lovely fella, not sure If I have told this story here but I will tell it again, I went to wash the dogs one day and had my $14 I always put an extra 2 in as it usually takes me about 12 minutes if they are dirty or we have been to the beach, which we had.

But apparently I had put the money in to fast or something, like put the note in and then the coin before the note registered anyway it said I hadn't put enough money in so I put the other 2 in as well and still not enough, so here i am all dogs in the wash ready to go, no other money on me, not even any money in the car, so I rang the guy thinking he might be close by, but he was in Adelaide. he asked me what my address was and they he would catch up with me when he got home and that he was sorry apparently if is a bit of a fault with the machines and can happen occasionally.

So I rang Sean and he was just on his way home from work and he dropped by with some extra coins to get us out of trouble. Anyway about a week later, 4 tokens (it could have been 3, I can't remember now) showed up in my letter box so our next few baths were free, which was great. I have found the mortlake rd one to be much cleaner than caramut rd too which is a bonus!

Jj have you met the owner? he seems like a lovely fella, not sure If I have told this story here but I will tell it again, I went to wash the dogs one day and had my $14 I always put an extra 2 in as it usually takes me about 12 minutes if they are dirty or we have been to the beach, which we had.

But apparently I had put the money in to fast or something, like put the note in and then the coin before the note registered anyway it said I hadn't put enough money in so I put the other 2 in as well and still not enough, so here i am all dogs in the wash ready to go, no other money on me, not even any money in the car, so I rang the guy thinking he might be close by, but he was in Adelaide. he asked me what my address was and they he would catch up with me when he got home and that he was sorry apparently if is a bit of a fault with the machines and can happen occasionally.

So I rang Sean and he was just on his way home from work and he dropped by with some extra coins to get us out of trouble. Anyway about a week later, 4 tokens (it could have been 3, I can't remember now) showed up in my letter box so our next few baths were free, which was great. I have found the mortlake rd one to be much cleaner than caramut rd too which is a bonus!

That was nice of him! :)

Yep.... usually find it cleaner there too, although it was pretty good last night on Caramut Rd.

If anyone is interested Prime pet foods is now stocking Black Hawk! :thumbsup:

That's great news. I hope everyone here who feeds it supports Prime for theirs.

I've been wanting to give it a go, but didn't want to inconvenience by doing a one-off order with anyone until I'd given it a go for a while. Do you happen to know prices tlc???

No idea about price, at the moment I get mine for $75 for 20 kilos. So I will be interested to see how much it is at Prime. They havent listed Prime as one of their retailers on the website yet. So not sure if it is in store yet?