Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

hi i was talking to the secretary of the warrnambool dog show about my entries and said about bbq and they hire the oval on that

week end and that you are not to hold a bbq on the oval and also you have not asked.and it would a H & S issue she is all so took the entries

for Noorat i asked about baby pups no one asked her to enter tenterfield terriers baby ? p/s iam not showing at the weekend will be away

have fun at the bbq crackers

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi i was talking to the secretary of the warrnambool dog show about my entries and said about bbq and they hire the oval on that

week end and that you are not to hold a bbq on the oval and also you have not asked.and it would a H & S issue she is all so took the entries

for Noorat i asked about baby pups no one asked her to enter tenterfield terriers baby ? p/s iam not showing at the weekend will be away

Crackers, that would be Beth that you spoke to ?.... we dont have the BBQ on the oval as last year she said no so we just have it somewhere else on the grounds :D

As for Noorat its no good asking to enter with out the reg being back as you can not enter as reg pending anymore, i would have otherwise ;)

Crackers, that would be Beth that you spoke to ?.... we dont have the BBQ on the oval as last year she said no so we just have it somewhere else on the grounds :D

As for Noorat its no good asking to enter with out the reg being back as you can not enter as reg pending anymore, i would have otherwise ;)

Hi All, Well I spent a lovely afternoon down at the pen at harris st with my Cavvie she has just finished her 1st season so she thorughly enjoyed herself no one else down there, sounds like the bbq is becoming an issue as for entering young ones ex babies there is no more reg pending but if the dogs Victoria pullued their finger out we would not have to wait so long yes you can pay for fast service but if they can do it for extra money then they should be able to do the same for normal postage, does anyone know where to get silver sides for compact gazebo at a good price.

Hi All, Well I spent a lovely afternoon down at the pen at harris st with my Cavvie she has just finished her 1st season so she thorughly enjoyed herself no one else down there, sounds like the bbq is becoming an issue as for entering young ones ex babies there is no more reg pending but if the dogs Victoria pullued their finger out we would not have to wait so long yes you can pay for fast service but if they can do it for extra money then they should be able to do the same for normal postage, does anyone know where to get silver sides for compact gazebo at a good price.

Hi everyone!

BBQ is only an issue on the oval off the oval it is fine and under shady trees as well!!! Hey Tenties I will be there Friday night setting up we have an extra gazebo I could set that one up under the trees nearer the oval if you like and then we have saved ourselves a BBQ space - mind you ppl will probably park it in if it is too close :laugh:. Anyway the entry for Saturday is minute so I wouldn't be surprised if judging was finished before lunch even... Bringing garlic bread to share again if I remember to buy the baguettes tomorrow.

Someone told me that you could still enter baby puppies rego pending but only if you had bred them and not if it involved a transfer. I have no idea if that is correct, the Gazette trumpets every month that shows secs are not allowed to accept reg pending entries so I don't know. :confused:

Monster if you have a BCF store somewhere near you they usually have reasonable prices on the OzTrail walls. :)

RP, where you had the BBQ last year all the trees are gone, so no shade at all on that side, you might be able to get a spot down the bottom end with some shade. Is everyone who's going, going on sat and sun?

Hi everyone!

BBQ is only an issue on the oval off the oval it is fine and under shady trees as well!!! Hey Tenties I will be there Friday night setting up we have an extra gazebo I could set that one up under the trees nearer the oval if you like and then we have saved ourselves a BBQ space - mind you ppl will probably park it in if it is too close :laugh:. Anyway the entry for Saturday is minute so I wouldn't be surprised if judging was finished before lunch even... Bringing garlic bread to share again if I remember to buy the baguettes tomorrow.

Someone told me that you could still enter baby puppies rego pending but only if you had bred them and not if it involved a transfer. I have no idea if that is correct, the Gazette trumpets every month that shows secs are not allowed to accept reg pending entries so I don't know. :confused:

Monster if you have a BCF store somewhere near you they usually have reasonable prices on the OzTrail walls. :)

Hi Thanks , Im pretty sure their is one out the highway near Harris Scarfe I will have a look next week (BCF) I will be in Melbourne Saturday going by train hope air con is working hope its not toooo hot Sat, hoping to go up to the show Sunday wishing everyone a lovely day

RP, where you had the BBQ last year all the trees are gone, so no shade at all on that side, you might be able to get a spot down the bottom end with some shade. Is everyone who's going, going on sat and sun?

That's good news I had to walk back and forth numerous times it was a marathon nearly :laugh: Trees are gone so bees are gone I assume? :rofl: .

I'm hoping we can find a BBQ spot near the trees at the bottom towards the scoreboard end, tiny entry this year so wont be so many cars parked there - just follow the track around until we find each other I guess. Or phone! :laugh:

Show is two days but I'll probably skedaddle home by lunch time on the sun. Will be tentie and pug babies to cuddle at the BBQ so extra incentive! Looking forward to catching up!!

Cos i couldnt rattle you out of hiding all week i have told people to head along the showgrounds side of the friendlies and we would be along there somewhere ? if it doesnt suit im sorry but we cant get any closer to the rings ? im not all that hopeful of anyone turning up so i might have to use the table to have a snooze on ?? ;)

G'Day all!

Hope you all survived the heat today and found a nice bit of shade for the BBQ.

I didn't get out of work til about 5pm so didn't bother going down.

The number of dog trailers I have seen since about 1pm suggests it was an early finish!

I might sneak down early tomorrow for a while... see if there are any Vizslas about (I'm sure Donna was entered!).

Let us know how your day went. :)

Just a reminder to you all....

This DOL Forum IS a public forum and can be read by members and non-members alike.

Even our friendly little "local thread" here can be read by absolutely anyone.

I'm sure you are all well aware of this, and I'm absolutely POSITIVE no-one here has said anything they shouldn't and I'm sure as hell not going to delete or modify ANY past posts!!!

It seems there is someone in our midst (great! we love new members!), who has been reading this thread (that's fine, that's what it's here for!) and has MISCONSTRUED MUCH of what has been said!

It appears we have been accused of BAGGING OUT a particular local business (???)

Now, I have read back over the "posts in question" and no-one has "bagged-out" anyone. A DISCUSSION was had, and nothing more. I operate my own local business and I find discussions online about my service, products and prices a LOT! I generally don't get involved, even when they are negative comments.... everyone has an opinion and I leave it at that! Unfortunately in this day and age, 'private' discussions are now available for the World to see (and join in on!) and that's just something we need to be aware of, both as members of the Public and as local Business operators.

I shouldn't be overly concerned though, as the grammar, punctuation and truncated form of the PM I received would suggest it has come from a child, which would explain why everything they have read has been misunderstood in the first place. :)

JJ, I pmed you before I read your post, the person in question didn't pm me but added me as a friend :confused: I was quick to unfriend this "person" as I have no time for people that only want to abuse! Perhaps once that person is added as a member they can come to this thread and out themselves like we all did to each other.

JJ, I pmed you before I read your post, the person in question didn't pm me but added me as a friend :confused: I was quick to unfriend this "person" as I have no time for people that only want to abuse! Perhaps once that person is added as a member they can come to this thread and out themselves like we all did to each other.

*like*

Has anyone been into Prime latley, I was in there yesterday for Kangaroo for the cats and she is stocking more dog toys (not that I need anymore :laugh: ) but a few different ones I had never seen before. Also she is stocking a small range of diggers dog treats, the home made ones. I think she is slowley building up with more stock which is awesome, she also might be stocking Black Hawk soon which will also be good for local feeders of the stuff who either have to pay for freight or go as far as Geelong to pick it up.

I know there is already 3 of us in this thread that feed it. Me and RJ were talking about it at work the other day and a lady looking for something in an isle said "ogh are you talking about Black Hawk dog food" we said yes we are, she said wow what a coincidence she feeds it as well. Also she knows another lady that feeds it, neither are DOLers and they pay freight $20 a bag to get it to them. So it will be good for a lot of people if they do stock it.

We are off for a little adventure on Monday (me and the gang) to Lees and we have a ew good days planned, the first day we are heading to Kepala, so hope the weather stays nice, we havent been for a while so will be looking forwrd to that. The next day we are doing the pet shop rounds again and the day after some shopping and lunch at Lazy Mos! Can't wait! :laugh:

Linda how was the BBQ? Did you have a few turn up? I didn't get there as I had to work till 5, it was attrocious in the shed today!!

How come i always miss out on the " happenings " in here who was it sending you pm's JJ and who was it that " friended " you tlc ????........ The BBQ is not going to be held anymore as it costs me money in fuel plus gas etc and the lugging of the stuff ....just for no one to turn up ? yep thats right, no one turned up.... i unloaded the ute on my own ,ate lunch on my own , and reloaded the ute on my own again :( RP and her friend had a good enough excuse they got heat stroke so went back to their cabin. but never again sorry :(

Edited by Tenties

Funny you should ask, tlc...

I just drove in to town for Pizza and went past Primes new store for the first time.

It looks really nice in there.... much cleaner & brighter!

Are they open on Sundays these days? I need some 'stuff' and wouldn't mind having a sticky in the new shop. :)

ETS.... Enjoy you days away, tlc! :thumbsup:

Edited by jerojath

How come i always miss out on the " happenings " in here who was it sending you pm's JJ and who was it that " friended " you tlc ????........ The BBQ is not going to be held anymore as it costs me money in fuel plus gas etc and the lugging of the stuff ....just for no one to turn up ? yep thats right, no one turned up.... i unloaded the ute on my own ,ate lunch on my own , and reloaded the ute on my own again :( RP and her friend had a good enough excuse they got heat stroke so went back to their cabin. but never again sorry :(

Oh no! That's awful Tenties! :(

I guess the heat kept people away....

I hope you weren't expecting me, Tenties; I knew I was working all along.

Who else were you expecting???

Hope RP is ok... heat like today can really put you on your a***e!

I had the same thing, added as a friend and the status was there for anyone to read. I've now changed my settings so that random people can't add me as a friend without my approval.

What I wrote was honest feedback and I won't be changing it. Others might think it was harsh, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, sharing it in here might be more constructive than random "friendings" ;)

Haven't been into the new Prime store, might duck in there Monday while I'm getting my car serviced.

Jess too???? Geez, it would seem we're all horrible back-stabbers! :laugh:

...and I agree Jess; everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Negative feedback I have read on the web about My business just encouraged me to try even harder to do what I do to a higher standard.

Edited by jerojath