Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hey guys, we should organise our play date at Brierly... I'm keen as before I get too huge, and can't walk lol...

Good idea Tanya, anyone else keen? we could make it a Sunday and JJ could come and bring the Mrs and the kids, oh and Tarni of course! If we made it just after lunch say 1ish, dog training up there would be finished for the day. The only thing is there could be others at the play ground and if that was the case we could just keep our distance from there as long as we are 30m away its all good and the dogs can be off lead.

Yeah Sunday's are good for me except for the nxt two...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, we should organise our play date at Brierly... I'm keen as before I get too huge, and can't walk lol...

Good idea Tanya, anyone else keen? we could make it a Sunday and JJ could come and bring the Mrs and the kids, oh and Tarni of course! If we made it just after lunch say 1ish, dog training up there would be finished for the day. The only thing is there could be others at the play ground and if that was the case we could just keep our distance from there as long as we are 30m away its all good and the dogs can be off lead.

Yeah Sunday's are good for me except for the nxt two...

Yep.... same here! :)

How does the 6th May sound then, 3 Sundays from now and we can have a good excuse (not that we need one) as it is Coopers 6th Birthday on the 8th May, I might even make some doggy bags! :laugh:

I just wanted to post a little tribute by the way of a couple of pics here. A few of you know Laura, she lost her Stafford boy Bullet last Friday night to a mystery illness. RIP Lil fella. Bullet was only 2. :cry:

ba1f52d6.jpg

565cdbe1.jpg

069e988c.jpg

91224d60.jpg

83cd5601.jpg

a244d815.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Geez It's quiet in here! "Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

I was wondering if anyone has been to check-out the new Pet Stock Store yet???

I've heard from a few customers here that it's an awesome Pet Shop!!

Apparently they have a huge 'dog section' which was always lacking before...

I can't wait to get out and see it as it sounds great.

They have a substantial Reptile Section too which I'd be interested to see of course!

It's gonna make life tough for Pet Goods Direct across the road... sounds like Pet Stock are doing things well.

I would reckon it will have an affect on the little Pet Store in town too.....

I have been holding off going to pet stock till they are fully moved, I drove past the old store yesterday and it looks like they still had heaps of stock there. Are they officially open yet? I will have to see when i go past to work today.

It has been quiet in here, whats everyone been up too?

Mostly everyone knows my news through Facebook, Poor Cooper is still having a battle with this dam lump removal, they drained it yesterday and wrapped him in a big bandage, took him a while to settle last night he wasn't really happy but he is taking it all in his stride and looking at me with the big "what is happening to me" eyes.

JJ have you ever heard of a dog getting an ear/ears infection after a course of anti biotics? I gave Cooper a bath yesterday as he hadn't had one since just before his op so a little over 2 weeks, and I noticed his ears were red and seemingly a little sore, I cleaned them with oti clean and asked the vet about them when we went in monday and without looking in them she said they did look red and possibly infected so to use the surolan drops for a week and see how he goes, when I asked her if it was possibly from the ABs she didn't think so? She said more likely water which is crazy as we haven't been anywhere near a beach and he hasn't had a bath and the redness is both ears. So my theory is the ABs have given him the sore ears, it makes sense to me. it happens to humans with yeast infections so why not dogs. So now the poor fella has two sore ears and getting drops twice a day. (he hasn't had trouble with either ear for about 5 years.) I also started him on some Inner health plus tablets, one a day.

I have been holding off going to pet stock till they are fully moved, I drove past the old store yesterday and it looks like they still had heaps of stock there. Are they officially open yet? I will have to see when i go past to work today.

It has been quiet in here, whats everyone been up too?

Mostly everyone knows my news through Facebook, Poor Cooper is still having a battle with this dam lump removal, they drained it yesterday and wrapped him in a big bandage, took him a while to settle last night he wasn't really happy but he is taking it all in his stride and looking at me with the big "what is happening to me" eyes.

JJ have you ever heard of a dog getting an ear/ears infection after a course of anti biotics? I gave Cooper a bath yesterday as he hadn't had one since just before his op so a little over 2 weeks, and I noticed his ears were red and seemingly a little sore, I cleaned them with oti clean and asked the vet about them when we went in monday and without looking in them she said they did look red and possibly infected so to use the surolan drops for a week and see how he goes, when I asked her if it was possibly from the ABs she didn't think so? She said more likely water which is crazy as we haven't been anywhere near a beach and he hasn't had a bath and the redness is both ears. So my theory is the ABs have given him the sore ears, it makes sense to me. it happens to humans with yeast infections so why not dogs. So now the poor fella has two sore ears and getting drops twice a day. (he hasn't had trouble with either ear for about 5 years.) I also started him on some Inner health plus tablets, one a day.

I must say, that is a very odd reply from your Vet.

I thought it was common knowledge that this can occurr! Antibiotics attack bacteria, both good and bad. Unfortunately it can kill beneficial bacterias which are 'stabilizing' conditions in moist/sensitive areas like the ears, vulva etc.

It's a bit like adding bacteria to a fish tank deliberately - you need good bacteria to combat the bad. Ifd the antibiotics kill the good bacteria, there is nothing to combat the bad and "presto" - ear infection!

I'll tell you what I find VERY helpfull in such situations.... Yakult. Just syringe a Yakult into his mouth every morning. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it just does!!! (Works great for Thrush in humans too!)

Yes Petstock is open but they still haven't emptied the old store yet. They don't have any fish or reptiles on display yet but they appear to have all their general stock in place!

I agree - everyone tends to keep in touch with Facebook these days. Maybe this thread has had its day????? 6492 Posts..... was a busier thread than I ever intended!!! Still, I think it's time to put it to bed. There's been some funny conversations here though..... might look back over it one day when I get a chance! :laugh:

Edited by jerojath

Just went back and read Post #1.

I edited it a few months after posting to warn readers about all the photos.

Remember someone completely cracked the sads about all the pics??? :rofl:

Oh it's gonna prove to be interesting reading, me thinks!!

Just noticed, this thread has been going for 3 years!

Noooooo, you can't put this thread to bed, it's my daily come and check to see what everyone's doing thread. :laugh: mostly there is nothing to read but I did like it when we were all more active here. Sad if it dies. :cry:

I'm heading to check out PS tomorrow, Darren told me today he's been in for a look and it's quite good, huge and he said I'll like it it's got a big dog section. :rofl: They know me too well!!

I thought exactly what you said about the ABs and also thought it was strange the vet didn't agree with me about them, perhaps she thought I was having a go at her as the AB may have caused the infections? I dunno really but as soon as I noticed his red ears I put two and two together right away. I'm thinking the inner health plus tablets would have the same effect as the yakult, would it be over doing it to give him both? Might get some yakult tomorrow. Janet also said yogurt, I'm thinking it would have a similar effect as the yakult.

Poor Coop he has been a picture of mystery tonight, cold because hes got a super short hair cut, sore ears and this dam stupid bandage around him that I don't think is doing much good as the top of his leg is all fluid again. :( I was happy to see him have a little tail way at one point but mostly he just gives me the sad eyes. :cry: he is fast asleep along side my leg as I type.

I'll report back tomorrow with a petstock update. Daz also said it looks like they might be installing a dog wash too, seems like they are going all out!

Edited by tlc

Nooooo, don't but this thread to bed.... I to like to come for a sticky every now and then...

So is anyone off to the races?? I'm not but hopefully this rain stops for people today...

I'm trying to get two people that I work with, to come to our play date on 13th one has a 12mth old Lab and the other a 6-7 year old Lab...

Wow listen to that rain come down now, wish I was in bed under my doona...

No races for me, we get invited by Sean's work every year (everything paid for) but we never go. :( also I have to work tomorrow as both the other guys from Piant are going.

Today panned out a bit strange, cold warm, sunny, rain cold again, typical Warrni weather!

We were going to do the million paws walk in Melbounee this year but We have made the decision tonight not to do Melbourne as I don't think CJ is going to be well enough with all the drama after his op. we think we will go to Sale instead as I was incorporating the MPW into my trip to my mums. I swore I'd never do Sale again as it wasn't much chop last time we went, so we are hoping for a better year this year. All very disappointed we won't be doing Albert Park lake as it is so awesome, so many great dogs and sights to see for us country folk. Some will aim for next year instead.

I was going to go check out pet stock today but didn't get there, not sure what shops will be open tomorrow being a PH. Although I know Bunnings is open. :laugh:

You're crazy JJ getting excited to handle Taipans... Well if I get bored today, I think I'll pop in for a wander around your store...

We aren't doing the Million Paws walk this year, I'm finding it a struggle to waddle that far but will do it for sure next year... Bruno will be very disappointed, coz we've been doing it for 3yrs and he has won a prize every year.

So are we all still good for 13th May?? Coz I am...

I will be good for the 13th for sure, I am heading away after that (16th) to my mums for a couple of weeks, Yay for time off work!!

JJ photos or it didnt happen. :laugh:

Oh and petstock is AWESOME!!