jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All.

Here are a couple of quick pics of our babies at 5 days.

Knew I'd find you in here!!

Porky puppies :(

Very cute, not stinky at all (i like puppy stink anyway)

Lucky you!

Hi Monah! :)

Yes it's always worth popping in here for an update.

Aren't they porky! I have never had or seen puppies grow so quickly and put so much weight on in such a short time.

In fact, they have grown SO fast that they have depleted Mum of calcium despite her high-calcium diet.

She developed eclampsia the last 24hours with a particularly rapid onset. Almost full seizures - scary stuff.

She is now on a high dose of Sandoz which almost immediately (as it does) halted the symptoms.

Hopefully smooth sailing from here...

JJ the puppies look so cute, you I bet the whole house smells like puppy breath!! Poor Amy sounds like she had a rough trot, hopefully like you said it will all be smooth sailing from here on in!!

My god...Those big fat BEEUUUTIFUL puppies are stucking the life outa poor Amy. She must need lots of cuddles for being such a great mum!!!! JJ...they do look huge for 5 days old and Amy has that 'OMFG!' look on her face!

Have you got a favorite yet??? I volunteer to look after a pup (or 2) if Amy needs a rest. Just can't promise to give em back though :laugh: I'm sure Jane will teach the kiddies everything they need to know about how to be REALLY naughty!!!

Thanks Guys.

Do I have a favourite? Well, they are only 5 days old....... but, yes.

The first born was named Red by my Son after a vizsla we lost some years ago. Even though he has white on his chest (frowned upon) and a little under his 'chin' (extremely frowned upon!), I have really gotten attached to him. He's a really active, noisy, tenacious little Guy. :laugh:

Hang on.... I'll post a quick pic if he's awake.

post-14146-1256124043_thumb.jpg

Edited by jerojath

Master Red looks very cute, What does the white mean? Will he only be able to go to a pet home because of the white? I do remember you saying they are usually all brown? what is the actual correct color for the Vizsla is it red, brown, gold??

Edited by tlc

Ooohhh...Reds a little cutie!!! Are ya gunna keep him???

What are the chances that the white will disappear as he gets older? and more questions...sorry JJ...Do any of the other pups also have white on them?? How is Tarni coping with the competition??? When are you going to post more piccies???

Master Red looks very cute, What does the white mean? Will he only be able to go to a pet home because of the white? I do remember you saying they are usually all brown? what is the actual correct color for the Vizsla is it red, brown, gold??

White areas are a very common occurrence on vizslas. It is frowned upon because they are supposed to be a 'solid' colour.

A *small* amount on the chest wont be penalised in the show ring.

Often white areas will lessen or even dissapear over time. Amy had lots of white on her chest and it has all but gone now.

tlc - correct term for a vizslas colour is "Russett".

All the Male vizslas in this litter are going to hunting homes on 'limited' register (ie, cannot be bred with) so the white is not an issue for the owner or the breed.

Ooohhh...Reds a little cutie!!! Are ya gunna keep him???

What are the chances that the white will disappear as he gets older? and more questions...sorry JJ...Do any of the other pups also have white on them?? How is Tarni coping with the competition??? When are you going to post more piccies???

tez - yes a couple of the other pups have a small amount of white on them. I knew 'going in' with this litter that there was every possibility of this being an issue. As stated above, a small amount is acceptable located on the chest. No I am quite sure I will not be keeping Red, although it is very early days. My problem with Red is the white covers too large an area for my liking and also occurs under his 'chin' which I've not had before.

Still, I have seen vizslas with entire white feet & socks! The other male has a small amount on the chest with the thied having none. One of the girls has a little too.

Tarni is fine. She is missing Auntie Amy but at least she's not alone. Belle is good company for her and she is getting extra cuddles & pats from us all. The other girls have not been introduced to the babies yet... I normally do that gradually over the weening period before pups move outside, although I've never had a problem. All the dogs tend to share motherly duties and this seems to be commonplace in the breed.

Ugly looking stinky puppies :champagne:

No they are very very cute and smoochable, and NO I dont want one WE are not having one and thats IT :birthday:

Ugly looking stinky puppies :champagne:

No they are very very cute and smoochable, and NO I dont want one WE are not having one and thats IT :birthday:

Before you make a decision.......................................they come with a free set of Steak Knives!!!