Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They all look like they are doing great JJ!! I love the one of all of them asleep with Mum. Good Luck with Tarni on Sunday.

Pandii, I have gone for a look for the last 3 years and always taken CJ with me and no one seemed to mind at all, we stayed well out of the way and just observed the goings on.

:) Hi Cramet!!

Edited by tlc

We'll be competing Saturday, won't be there Sunday. Might see you down there Pandii - come and meet the feral one.... ;)

I think the issue has been with observers and their dogs is that that ground is pretty squishy for space, and that many pet owners don't keep their dogs under control and on a short leash out of the way. Not so bad when they're happy to sit politely at their owners feet. Allowing Rover to run riot at the end of the lead and not asking before allowing Rover to approach another dog is a good way to get an earful. :)

Not saying anyone here has done any of the above, just what I've seen happen at Warrnambool previously. Don't tend to have an issue with it anywhere else, but most trials are held on far bigger grounds.

Cute JJ :)

We'll be competing Saturday, won't be there Sunday. Might see you down there Pandii - come and meet the feral one.... ;)

I think the issue has been with observers and their dogs is that that ground is pretty squishy for space, and that many pet owners don't keep their dogs under control and on a short leash out of the way. Not so bad when they're happy to sit politely at their owners feet. Allowing Rover to run riot at the end of the lead and not asking before allowing Rover to approach another dog is a good way to get an earful. :)

Not saying anyone here has done any of the above, just what I've seen happen at Warrnambool previously. Don't tend to have an issue with it anywhere else, but most trials are held on far bigger grounds.

Cute JJ :)

Yes I totally agree with you, I would never take any of mine to an event of any sort and let them run riot. If I couldn't control them I wouldn't take them. I think it is only common courtesy to the competitors to be out of the way and not interfere with any of the goings on in any way.

Was just speaking from my experience and I havent taken my dogs down, there was a big thing last year about having dogs downthere that wernt competing, but each to their own

Hi Cramet, must catchup, havent seen you in ages :)

JJ, the pups are cute, the kids ahve been at me all day to contact you

Jess, sorry didnt get down today, would of loved to catch up its been so long :)

It was a great afternoon and so many awesome dogs competing. I wish I had of taken my camera. Cooper was a very good boy and just watched the goings on with interest and met some nice doggies and socialized with a few young pups learning the ropes. The weather was just right too!!

I went down for a look at about 11:30 - 12:00.

Only one ring active over the time I was there - not much happening.

Didn't run into any 'old faces' either - no Vizslas entered from what I could see.

The 'World Dog Games' are being held in Canberra this weekend - I think there are/will be

some good clips on youTube....

Love the puppy pics JJ, they have grown a lot in two weeks.

I have had a friend ask me about a suitable puppy for a family pet and she wants a medium to larger dog and I have suggested to her that maybe a Vizsla would be suitable, you have a young family how do you think they would suit a family with one child ( 4 years old)

Are all your pups from this current litter spoken for?

Barb and I went to Harris street today and it was a great afternoon.

edited to add, just read Barbs post above. :)

Edited by Riley James

edited to add, just read Barbs post above. :)

:champagne: Thanks for driving today RJ, and by the way I think Coopers in love you!! :cheer::cheer:

Edited by tlc

Yeh they would of been, was clear as day, but didnt see a reason to take photos, its not something I would look at again and I am quiet happy to wait until new years to see them again

Hi all!

Wow JJ....one of your pups is a MONSTER judging from that 1st photo....is he/she a guts or just 'big boned'! Poor Amy must look nervous when that one comes in for a drink! :thumbsup:

Yep - he's a really big boy. Was born bigger than the others but rarely stops feeding. He is SO fat he's the only one now who can't walk - he's too heavy for his little legs!

Love the puppy pics JJ, they have grown a lot in two weeks.

I have had a friend ask me about a suitable puppy for a family pet and she wants a medium to larger dog and I have suggested to her that maybe a Vizsla would be suitable, you have a young family how do you think they would suit a family with one child ( 4 years old)

Are all your pups from this current litter spoken for?

edited to add, just read Barbs post above. :thumbsup:

Generally, vizslas are wonderful family dogs for those with young children but I certainly would not say they are a 'must have' breed. They definately are not the breed for everyone and I suggest your friend does plenty of research, meets lots of dogs and numerous breeders before commiting to the breed if they did get serious about the vizsla. Of course they are more than welcome to visit us and meet our dogs/kids etc, and talk about the breed.

Yes this litter was 'pre sold' before the mating happened. I wont have a litter if I haven't secured good homes first.

I wont be breeding again for at least two years but could steer your friends to a good breeder should they get that far.

Hi everyone, we had a full on doggy day today so just thought Id post a few photos. First we went to dog school, then we went to the jumping at Harris street for a while then on to Beach, then home to the park.

We seen a lady and some kids with a CKCS at Killarney and thought it may have been Cavalblaze??

Anyway here are some pics.

Everyone had fun with the tunnel

DSCN1042.jpg

DSCN1044.jpg

DSCN1045.jpg

DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

Pickles come for a play today

DSCN1066.jpg

Edited by tlc