Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Ha ha Jess yea should sic em onto him :eek::( i dont trust him with the animals he is a do gooder, you know the one's they know everything....but in plain black and white...... dogs should be free to run he say's, yes they will be, i say , as soon as the fences are done....i can alway's feel a breeze when i stand next to him and say that :mad he will repeat himself 5 minutes later he's driving me mad and he talks like he is high all the time ( probably is :) ) and funny thing, he has wasted his life you know cos he knows everything but has chosen to sit on my couch and do nothing everyda y loves sharing his knowledge of how to do things that ive been doing for years (from the couch )

:mad LOVE IT!!!! :mad

Sorry, edited to say I shouldn't laugh, but we've all met people like that! Problem is YOU'VE got one living on your COUCH! Piss 'im off!

Edited by jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But i have the matches he has a lighter, theres no bong so i will have to tear up his papers :laugh: sounds like a plan to me....... ;) :rofl::laugh: i just love the way the dogs go roaring up to him barking when he walks into the kitchen lol, i wish they'd bite him ;) he just loves standing there telling me how much the dogs love him and i say yea with tomatoe sauce :laugh::laugh:

Yay he is packing :laugh::o i told him he has 2 weeks notice and im doing up a "bill " for him for what he owes for food and everything ( he hasnt paid any yet ) not likely to get it off him but worth a try ???

Yay he is packing :laugh::o i told him he has 2 weeks notice and im doing up a "bill " for him for what he owes for food and everything ( he hasnt paid any yet ) not likely to get it off him but worth a try ???

You probably wont see a cent but it is probably the word "bill" that got him moving so quickly! :D

Well, he has gone say's he will put the money in my bank Thursday cos he knows i need it for Geelong on the weekend..... i can see that may not happen so that will mean i dont go to Geelong and i dont get the crate either off LOTGS.

Gee the place has a different feeling to it knowing he wont be back ( i hope )

tlc, the 2 weeks notice was suggested by Janet so blame her.... and i will if he comes back for the 2 weeks :laugh::o

JJ how are the crates looking ??? any chance of picking up one two or all in case i go to Geelong ??? i'm taking my Trolley down for repairs and at present it is being used for beds for the fur kids, will have to leave it there so the kids wont have beds Sunday night :D i suppose they could all bunk with me which i dare say they would prefer :D

Yes blame me :):mad:):) But I think you will find by law you have done the right thing by giving notice (better to be safe than sorry IMO)

And just be happy he is gone and no longer sitting on your couch :laugh: :D :D :laugh:

I have a crate here that you can also borrow tenties if you are desperate I shouldnt need it for a month or so (till move date )

Tez your puppy looks so so cute all legs and not much co ordination at this age so cute :D :( :D :D

i cant wait to meet him and give/get cuddles. I hope Jane is coping well with him.

Which reminds me JJ when do we all get puppy cuddles from your new boy Mr Vizsla. I hope those frogs are doing great and not too noisy for you lol.

I think I might put my frogs into a half hybernation this year through winter as they will be living in the garage at the Inlaws place in might be easier to keep them a little cooler and then maybe they might come back into a breeding season this summer with a bit of luck ;) ;) ;)

Cheers Janet

Tenties - Sorry I thought I had more crates than I do. I still need a couple for the pups here but you are welcome to come pick up the other one anytime. Sorry it's only one, but I hope it helps.

RJ - Vitasz will be up for a walk as soon as he is fully vaccinated, although I am taking him to the beach on Sunday again as he is going bananas stuck at home!

Frogs all doing well (I think!). There are seven all together but I only ever see up to four at a time, so either there are only four alive or I am seeing different frogs each time I don't know. I don't want to disturb them by sifting through the tank counting them....

They are quite noisy once all the lights go out, but we all love hearing them so they don't bother us.

Hi Guys,

At work so have internet access, dont have it at home anymore, phone line and dial up really bad.

General query for you all, is there a Warrnambool Vet or surrounds who does a bit with reptiles, in particular blue tongues?

Have one at home that we think has been stood on by a cow.

My guys are all going well, though I wont be doing any more big walks with one, so possible will struggle to catch ( and finally meet ) a few of you.

Will see how things go.

All good here, I can't really help out with Vets, Im sure Shan would know but she is OS at the moment. I guess just do a ring around to the clinics and see what they say??

Is one of your Oldies getting a bit past it now?? Hope they are all going well. I have an 18 year old cat and she has been doing some wierd stuff lately!!

Yes Zak (the big one) is getting past it, he now has Cushings but in early stages. Too much walking and he get the tremours. But he happy for short ones and still chases imaginary rabbits now and again.

Will try the vets tomorrow, it was worth an ask. I would have asked Shan, as she would have known who the best was. Worst case l may have to take him to Geelong.

Edited by Munchin

Hey guys can I grab some details on training at Brierly - one of my workmates has just adopted a beagle from the pound and are really keen to get him into classes as soon as possible so he can be a good doggie citizen. :( They've just missed WDTS's latest block and there is no further dates on the website. :)

So training times, cost, structure, location would be great! And of course some contact details so I can pass them on :laugh:

Hey guys can I grab some details on training at Brierly - one of my workmates has just adopted a beagle from the pound and are really keen to get him into classes as soon as possible so he can be a good doggie citizen. :laugh: They've just missed WDTS's latest block and there is no further dates on the website. :D

So training times, cost, structure, location would be great! And of course some contact details so I can pass them on :birthday:

Hi Jess, Brierly classes are most Sundays with the odd Sunday off. The pricing has changed it used to be a $6 a week fee but now you pay $50 for the whole year the cost is broken down into two lots of $25 so $25 is for training fees and the other $25 is for Membership ( I think) Tez might be able to confirm this as I don't pay so not 100% sure. But I reckon $50 for the whole year is pretty good. the other cost involved would be $40 if the dog is over 16 weeks for a one of assesment lesson before she begins training, this is just to asses temprament, the dogs obedience level and to make sure our method of training will suit the dog. or $60 if the dog is under 16 weeks this covers the classes for the following 6 weeks.

Generally RSPCA dogs are all good as they are assesed before they go to thier new homes. Did your friend get the dog from the Warrnambool RSPCA. One of the RSPCA staff there is a trainer at Brierly, so will more than likely know the dog.

The contact is Trish on 55607362. Is your friend in Warrnambool. Trish also runs classes on a Saturday morning at Hawkesdale.

The classes are stuctured as follows.

Puppies at 9am

Well behaved dog program at 10am, this includes a structured class of all things the dog needs to be well behaved such as Walking nicely on a lead, meal time manners, car saftey, out of site wait, doorway manners, sits, drops, stands, stays and a few others I can't think of at the moment. People with dogs past well behaved program then do general class work. If we only have a small class with a mixture of both we all join in together and do a bit of everything.

It is a very casual atmosphere. We dont have anyone who comes that is training thier dogs for trials etc most of our people just want thier dogs to be well behaved and have general obedience. The dogs get off leash time before and after class and everyone is to be mindful of thier own dogs behaviour. There is some people who prefer to leave thier dogs on leash and we just ask that if you know your own dog can be DA that you leave the dog on its lead. General common sense applys. We do have a few that come and thier dogs never have off leash time as they are DA but they join in with general training which is great and the owners are very aware of thier dogs and making the enviroment safe for everyone dogs and owners alike. We have had a couple of people over the past few years that don't like the off lead time and have gone to Harris street as they don't have off lead time there.

I will occasionally not let mine have off leash play it just depends on what other dogs are there such as my girls are not keen on big dogs they don't know so they stay close to me and prefer to be on thier leads but the boys are fine. Or if there is a mix or boisterous dogs mine stay on. The group is not usually huge with an average of about 10 people most weeks. (not including trainers)

Training is held at the old Brierly site which is at the kmart end of Moore street past the race course. On the oval at the far end of the long drive way.

I hope I have answered all your questions, if you have any more or I have left something out please let me know.

Thanks tlc I will pass that on. :laugh: Good small class sizes which is excellent. :love:

They adopted him from Ballarat, just had a look to see if I could see some info on him and they have a cream kelpie up for adoption :D :birthday: but no info on "Chucky" I think the girls have called him. He's about 18 months to 2 years old, they will be coming from C'down.

Jess, he cant have grains, beef, only a little lamb, no pigs ears, or dehydrated snacks.

Kangeroo is great as is bunny rabbit, fish is fantastic

Cheap food, or dried treats make him sick, But it was a combination of things, poor diet for 3 days, being left home alone overnight, ( stressed him so bad his muzzle deflated :D ) new dried treats, and a new flea treatment.

So its a raw chicken with vitamins and aloe vera mix for the time being to bring up a bit, a few baths in medicated shampoos, ear treatments too and eye drops.

Homemade biscuits for treats. Not much can be done about his muzzle it may come back with time, it may not :birthday:

No wonder he's feeling off, poor Seb. So hard when they can't have so much stuff, Darcy is hard enough with no grain and preservatives! I crumble occasionally and let her have something she shouldn't (50 cent cones in a lid from HJ or Maccas usually) but seems we get away with it as an occasional treat.

What does it mean when their muzzle deflates? Is that just a Shar Pei thing? You learn something new every day - I had no idea. :laugh:

Omega 3 and 6 oils are great for itchy skin. So fish oil tablets or processed linseed oil, you can get the linseed oil out of the health food section of the supermarket. Either 1 fish oil capsule per 10 kg of bodyweight or my two get 10 ml of linseed in their dinner every night. Apparently the linseed has a better balance of omega 3 and 6 for itchy skin but both are good.

I think the greyhound shop has an omega supplement which might be more cost effective - just make sure it has more 3 and 6 as they are the anti-inflammatory ones. Comes in a white generic looking bottle, not the expensive VAN one.