Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well we just got home today to find our big esky has been thieved from our front door step.

A real shame that there are such dirty, stinkin' low-life thieves in our lovely town, but ALAS....

....my elderly neighbour who was sitting on her front step waiting to be picked up for her voluntary work

was able to give a very good description of who took it, including the vehicle.

So what should I do? Give them a chance to return it or send the Police around and have them charged, just to stick it up 'em?

I'm thinking the latter, personally.

Well we just got home today to find our big esky has been thieved from our front door step.

A real shame that there are such dirty, stinkin' low-life thieves in our lovely town, but ALAS....

....my elderly neighbour who was sitting on her front step waiting to be picked up for her voluntary work

was able to give a very good description of who took it, including the vehicle.

So what should I do? Give them a chance to return it or send the Police around and have them charged, just to stick it up 'em?

I'm thinking the latter, personally.

Go the latter, if they are scummy enough to thieve it they probably won't give it back easily. Scumbags!! :thanks:

I think Darcy's got bloody kennel cough! :laugh: Put both dogs out this morning while I did my usual morning stuff and then went back out to give them their brekky bone as I went to work and Darcy was coughing.

Just come home this arvo to see how she is with no sign of it, so I'm hoping it's a really mild dose which is being exacebated by the cold and damp this morning. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to keep Zee sane if they are both confined to the backyard for any period of time :thumbsup: Been wracking my brains to think of somewhere dead quiet I can run them but there just isn't anywhere within 5 to 10 mins drive and any further it gets too dark!

If Darce has got KC she picked it up on Sunday at training - so keep an eye out for coughing dogs and owners who take them out anyway! :laugh:

I think it all depends on if you think you know them IMO

If you know them I would send police around as that is not something friends or even aqaintances should do

you shouldn't steal let alone from someone you know

Good luck JJ I hope you get it back

Cheers Janet

I decided to handle it myself in case it got palmed off before it was retreived.

Would you believe this idiot left it on their own doorstep? Morons....

Sorry for the non-dog-related topic. Just that this persons Mum reads DOL, although not a poster.

Was hoping she'd read it in case she saw my esky! :thumbsup:

Guest Pandii
Jess, he cant have grains, beef, only a little lamb, no pigs ears, or dehydrated snacks.

Kangeroo is great as is bunny rabbit, fish is fantastic

Cheap food, or dried treats make him sick, But it was a combination of things, poor diet for 3 days, being left home alone overnight, ( stressed him so bad his muzzle deflated :thanks: ) new dried treats, and a new flea treatment.

So its a raw chicken with vitamins and aloe vera mix for the time being to bring up a bit, a few baths in medicated shampoos, ear treatments too and eye drops.

Homemade biscuits for treats. Not much can be done about his muzzle it may come back with time, it may not :laugh:

No wonder he's feeling off, poor Seb. So hard when they can't have so much stuff, Darcy is hard enough with no grain and preservatives! I crumble occasionally and let her have something she shouldn't (50 cent cones in a lid from HJ or Maccas usually) but seems we get away with it as an occasional treat.

What does it mean when their muzzle deflates? Is that just a Shar Pei thing? You learn something new every day - I had no idea. :thumbsup:

Omega 3 and 6 oils are great for itchy skin. So fish oil tablets or processed linseed oil, you can get the linseed oil out of the health food section of the supermarket. Either 1 fish oil capsule per 10 kg of bodyweight or my two get 10 ml of linseed in their dinner every night. Apparently the linseed has a better balance of omega 3 and 6 for itchy skin but both are good.

I think the greyhound shop has an omega supplement which might be more cost effective - just make sure it has more 3 and 6 as they are the anti-inflammatory ones. Comes in a white generic looking bottle, not the expensive VAN one.

Thanks for that Jess, he gets the Omega 3 and 6 oil, I have it sent from melbourne, also certified aloe vera for his digestive system

Shar peis muzzles deflat, as in the go flat, not puffed up, when stress, or sick, they may of may not re inflate as far as I know its a shar pei thing but myabe CHows have it too as the breeds are closely related

:thanks: JJ, I hope these weren't friends or even aqaintences. What rotten stupid people and to do it in broad daylight :laugh: So you did get the esky bacK?? Did you get to speak to them??

Jess, Hope Darcys cough is not too bad. 2 of mine had it a while back and the other 2 didn't get it. it wasn't a bad case but kept them quiet and at home for a few days and they were all good, although they didn't like it when the other two went out for a run and they had to stay at home. :thumbsup:

Sharon, I can just see you pushing Zac in a pram, maybe we should scout the op shops see if we can find an old one!! :laugh:

Jess, Hope Darcys cough is not too bad. 2 of mine had it a while back and the other 2 didn't get it. it wasn't a bad case but kept them quiet and at home for a few days and they were all good, although they didn't like it when the other two went out for a run and they had to stay at home. :rofl:

Glad you got the esky back JJ :)

Thanks tlc, Darcy's had it before - most likely from me playing with a dog who didn't have KC, but had "housemates" who did. Scary how contagious it is. :rofl:

At the moment I'm still not sure 100% sure Darcy's got it but I'm not risking it. So no trial this weekend and no agility class for Zee either :rofl:

On the good news side - M the rottie went home to her breeder yesterday, they came down to collect her which is excellent news :) Once again a huge thumbs up to those breeders who are so responsible. You rock!! :rofl:

Hey Jess, Hows Darcy, still coughing?? Hoping Zee hasn't come down with it too?

Tez, Hows the new addition getting on? Im sure Gus and Jane are firm friends by now.

I was checking out the RSPCA and noticed that they have a dog there for adoption, his name is Bear, I am fairly sure he is the brother to Tully who I got some pictures of the other day. I had the pleasure of doing a few lessons with Tully at obedience and his nature was outstanding. I hope this boy finds a home.

Heres a pic of Bear

warrna83.jpg

Picture of Tully, Bears brother

DSCN2076.jpg

Had a great walk today lovely weather for it, took a few shots, I'll post a couple later.

Jess, bad luck about Darcy...I hope she is feeling better soon!

Well my week of holidays is nearly over but its been great to settle Gus in to the house! He really is the easiest puppy ever! We have been going down the shops to get him used to things and he is coping better and better everyday!

Some one he had never met before came over today...he said a very polite hello and promptly went to sleep next to them! Got a feeling, when he's older, I'm gunna have to put a sign on him saying "No, I'm not in a coma, I'm just really relaxed!!!" :laugh:

Jess, bad luck about Darcy...I hope she is feeling better soon!

Well my week of holidays is nearly over but its been great to settle Gus in to the house! He really is the easiest puppy ever! We have been going down the shops to get him used to things and he is coping better and better everyday!

Some one he had never met before came over today...he said a very polite hello and promptly went to sleep next to them! Got a feeling, when he's older, I'm gunna have to put a sign on him saying "No, I'm not in a coma, I'm just really relaxed!!!" :laugh:

That's fantastic, I can't wait to meet him. Might bring my camera Sunday and see if I can snap a few shots.

tlc - If those two dogs aren't brothers I'll eat my hat!

When Tully first came to us the lady that owned him said there was a litter born in the area and the age fits so I am pretty sure. Will catch up with Jen, on the weekend. She works at the shelter so she might have more info if anyone is interested.

Guest Pandii

I thought Tully came from out of warrnmabool?? we did, pppy classes and obedience with Tully for a while, big gorgeous dog he is.

He did go to Harris St for Puppies but they never went any further with him. So came to Brierly for a few lessons, that was a while ago now . They don't live in Warrnambool afaik.

When Tully first came to us the lady that owned him said there was a litter born in the area and the age fits so I am pretty sure. Will catch up with Jen, on the weekend. She works at the shelter so she might have more info if anyone is interested.

He is lovely and I WOULD be interested, BUT I am picking up vizsla number 5 next week, (Off to the council for the second time this week!!!).

He is lovely and I WOULD be interested, BUT I am picking up vizsla number 5 next week, (Off to the council for the second time this week!!!).

:dancingelephant: that's great. I only wish I could have number 5 :birthday: but I'd be divorced if I did. :laugh: