Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Guest Pandii

I was going to post the same thing about the maroon wagon with the DOL stickers, I was the white commodore wagon, lol I was dropping my kids off too.

I will keep an eye out for the hole int he fence, although I rarely have my dogs off lead, their recall sucks big time

The dog that had a go at Janets dog was onlead, her owner couldnt hold her and the dog lunged at many a dog, I believe it had a go at Janets dog while we were standing in line to register.

I havent seen the lady with the 6 or 7 dogs sorry

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping our mystery DOLer had posted

Maybe they dont know this thread exists?? I only came across it by accident, I never used to use the view last posts, I always just went to general and photos and sometimes puppys, but now a whole new world has opened up :thumbsup:

Well it wasnt me .... if im out with the fur kids its alway's 4 or 5 and they are all black & white .... i wonder what it would look like if i walked all 10 at once ???? LOL

I tell's a lie :rolleyes: one of them is not black & white she is tan & white cause she's a Jack but she is a honary Tenterfield she doesnt know she is a Jack there fore i never let her look in a mirror :thumbsup:

Linda.....

Hi all, just trying to keep in the loop... I haven't been getting online as much as I would like! Not me in the car and I don't know who has the 6 or 7 dogs either. Not very useful am I and not contributing much at all really, but just wanted to feel like I was keeping in touch :laugh:

tlc, won't be at training this weekend cause we've gotta go to Melb for the day after the wedding in Lorne on Sat. See you the following week...

Hopefully we can plan a nice big dol doggie play date sometime soon :rolleyes: I know Maws is hanging out for a play with Ty and would LOVE to meet Sebbi!!

Guest Pandii

Hi Mawson, I am about to start a thread in General as I saw the car again this morning and I jsut need to know :rolleyes:

Did any of you guys read in the Standard the other day about the price of our dog registrations going up?? Just wondering what other dog people in the area thought about this?? I didnt read the article I was just told about it so not sure of the whole story??

Did any of you guys read in the Standard the other day about the price of our dog registrations going up?? Just wondering what other dog people in the area thought about this?? I didnt read the article I was just told about it so not sure of the whole story??

Sorry tlc - didn't see the article (I don't read the 'sub-standard' often) but heard this week on 3YB's 'Vet Talk' that reg fees are increasing GREATLY but desexed dog reg fees will stay the same. Doesn't help me as a breeder!!! :rofl:

I assume this will take effect from July 1st.

ETA - Luckily they only know about two of mine!

Edited by jerojath

Well not sure if I have the details right but apparently the cost of reg is going to go up to around $80 per dog, and my OH was compalining about the cost of 4 dogs @ $26

I guess a lot more people will not be registering thier dogs if the cost goes up. I think it was something to do with the RSPCA here in town running at such a loss and needing to increase funds for them, which I dont begrudge but I think tripling the price of dog regos is not going to solve any problems maybe just create new ones!!

Also there was mention of RSPCA volenteers being paid for thier work which I think is great, but Im not sure how it all works, I thought there were already paid members of staff that work at the shelter?? Our local paper is great at only giving half the story and not explaining it properly as you said "sub standard" so true!!

I certainly dont begrudge paying our dog and cat regos and have done for the last 20 years every year with out fail. My hubby said to me the other day what do we get for the money we pay? I said to him " you know what I really dont know!!" I wish they had more bins around the dog areas, like albert park, brierly reserve, thunder point etc, nothing like carrying 4 bags of dog poo with you for an hour!! I have actually had people comment to me that they dont even pick thier dogs poo up becasue there is not enough bins to put it in. I think in some areas they pay dog rego once and thats it.

Well not sure if I have the details right but apparently the cost of reg is going to go up to around $80 per dog, and my OH was compalining about the cost of 4 dogs @ $26

I guess a lot more people will not be registering thier dogs if the cost goes up. I think it was something to do with the RSPCA here in town running at such a loss and needing to increase funds for them, which I dont begrudge but I think tripling the price of dog regos is not going to solve any problems maybe just create new ones!!

Also there was mention of RSPCA volenteers being paid for thier work which I think is great, but Im not sure how it all works, I thought there were already paid members of staff that work at the shelter?? Our local paper is great at only giving half the story and not explaining it properly as you said "sub standard" so true!!

I certainly dont begrudge paying our dog and cat regos and have done for the last 20 years every year with out fail. My hubby said to me the other day what do we get for the money we pay? I said to him " you know what I really dont know!!" I wish they had more bins around the dog areas, like albert park, brierly reserve, thunder point etc, nothing like carrying 4 bags of dog poo with you for an hour!! I have actually had people comment to me that they dont even pick thier dogs poo up becasue there is not enough bins to put it in. I think in some areas they pay dog rego once and thats it.

Many years ago I used to date a girl who volunteered at the RSPCA shelter here and at that time there was only one paid member of staff - the manager. All others were voluntary. I used to clip desperate dogs for them for free to help as none of the staff had any experience with this. (For those who don't know me: I opened the "Doggy Heaven" grooming salon on Fairy street MANY years ago but sold it when I went to W.A.)

I agree - they should have more bags/bins around town. It might encourage people to clean up after their dogs!

As far as reg fees go, I think I heard $80 also. No excuse for a lack of bags/bins then!

Edited by jerojath

Hi everyone, i saw that front page news and was in a panic until i realised what the Standard had quoted was wrong, the price they put is for unsteralised dogs and cats not steralised. Have no idea how much they are going to put up the steralised fees to. Have a look on City website and you can see the original price and no mention of what is is going to go up to.

Then there is the whole issue of the council reducing the number of pets per household.

Guest Pandii

Hi Munchin, you new????

I saw about the fees, but I registered mine at $18 each so not sure what ahs gone up

Hi everyone, i saw that front page news and was in a panic until i realised what the Standard had quoted was wrong, the price they put is for unsteralised dogs and cats not steralised. Have no idea how much they are going to put up the steralised fees to. Have a look on City website and you can see the original price and no mention of what is is going to go up to.

Then there is the whole issue of the council reducing the number of pets per household.

:laugh: re- reducing the number of dogs, how are they going to reinforce this make us give our pets up, not sure how this will work maybe change the rules for future pet owners. I know we are allowed 3 dogs, I have a permit for my fourth, I had to apply to the council and didnt have a problem getting it, they did a door knock inthe area and asked qusetions about the dogs barking etc and if they annoyed anyone (they dont) so it was all go ahead for the permit which I was pleased about. What about Breeders wonder if they will be limited too or maybe different rules for breeders?? Not sure how many cats we are allowed to have, I have 2.

Just noticed this is your first post, what kind of doggies do you have and what part of Warrnambool do you live in, great to see more DOLers from here!!

Edited by tlc

Hi Munchin - YOU must be the person driving the maroon wagon with 2 DOL stickers on the back! Please say it is you - Pandii is going out of her MIND trying to work out who it is! :laugh:

Hi Munchin - YOU must be the person driving the maroon wagon with 2 DOL stickers on the back! Please say it is you - Pandii is going out of her MIND trying to work out who it is! :)

Ha ha ha ha looks like munchin has gone and Pandii will never know if it was them or not :laugh:

jerojath, do you recall a lady by the name of Jenny who used to bring in her Tentie ( or Mini Foxie if you like ) called Fred and her long haired Chi called Tess ??

Linda...

Hi Jerojath,

I cant believe it I worked opposite you for quite a few years and yet never stepped foot into your business (always had short coated animals)

With the dog registration I am pretty sure that, that price was for UN microchipped as if your dog is microchipped you get a large discount like Pandii said she paid $18, same for cats large discount for microchipping. I spoke to some one at council just the other day in regards to the amount of dogs you are allowed and was told its 3 at the moment but will be reduced to 2 in 2 years I asked what if you already had 3 or more and the reply was they cant make you give your dog up if you already have it. If you dont but you want to have 3 go buy it now!!!!!!

I have also never seen the lady with the 5 or 6 dogs would love to know if they are Ridgies tho(dont know of any breeders around here tho infact only know of 3 other ridgies in town)

As for the incident at dog training I am NOT HAPPY I now have a slight DA dog he has never been agressive in any form (used to do the old roll onto back routine LOL) and now any dog comes near and he starts to growl. So lots of work ahead for the both of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only this particular person had told me their dog was not friendly and hadn't let it approch my dog and had SOME contol this could have been avoided. But hey Sh*t happens. Just lucky it wasn't the Ridgie pup, its easier to control a small DA than a large.(the dog in question MINE that is, is a foxie maltese cross supposed to be my sons dog as he has autism and dosent get animals and this dog was great for him but now I cant really let son take dog for a walk as i just cant trust dog with other dogs now) AH well like I said Sh*t happens :laugh:

Ok I have crapped on for long enough now Cheers Janet