My Dog Makes Me Itchy!

mooki

Hi all

My staffy pup loves giving me kisses on my neck and my face, but sometimes I notice I'm a bit itchy around that area afterwards and I often have a red rash there. It doesn't last long, probably only about 15 minutes or so, but it just seems a bit odd. It only happens on my neck / chest.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just sensitive?!

Edited by mooki

Staffords make me itchy too!

I reckon it's the coat prickliness. I started using Aloveen LEAVE IN CONDITIONER in Esme's coat and it's softened it so much I no longer have any issue with her. I used to get red rashes up my arm after hugging her. Their coat is so short that even though it might be soft to touch it's a bit like bristles.

One of my clients was allergic to her two Staffs, I recommended my trick and after three months the coat was so soft/sleek and she is no longer allergic after 8 yrs of getting the itchies from them.

Try some histamine tablets if you're desperate...i take Telfast as the same thing happens to me. it doesnt happen when i take the Telfast, but it is an easy, yet drastic measure, however, being a dog groomer its unavoidable for me lol

good luck deciding what to do!! :happydance2::happydance2::happydance:

I get the same thing with Kei. After I brought him home I always had this itchy red rash on my chest and the side of my face where he would put his little nose. Took me about a week to work out that it was whisker rash :thumbsup:

haha sorry everyone, but i think i'm going to have to go with SecretKei on this one... after reading this last night i noticed that it IS his whiskers that are prickling me!! haha i can't believe it, it's so funny. i dont think im allergic to his saliva as i only seem to break out around my neck. ill keep an eye on it though.

and thanks for the info clyde, i will try the leave in coniditioner :laugh:

either way im not going to say no to my dog licking me, i love it too much!

thanks everyone!