Petzlife Oral Care Gel

Hi all, Saw this product (Petzlife oral care gel) recommended on another forum and just wondered if anyone here had used it?

Hi everyone...I've been tempted to buy this product as well but haven't heard any reviews (good or bad) about it...not sure how it would (could) work from a biological point of view? Can anyone advise their results (or lack of results).

Thanks - I hadn't heard of the product before either but just did a bit of research on it as my 3yo has really bad plaque and I'm always looking for something new to try (although raw feeding is definitely helping). I checked out the manufacturers site and also on Amazon - it seems to work based on the Amazon reviews. Someone had a problem with the alcohol content but you can read what the company says about that on their site:

Maker

Amazon

I found it in two places in Oz (there may be others)

GreenPet

for $45 plus $6.50 pp - Total cost $51.50

Pets Unleashed

for $49 plus $1 pp - Total Cost $50

- they only had the original formula not the one with salmon oil

If you buy anything else from these sites it may work out differently due to the postage component.

I will definitely give this a try when I can. I'd also love to hear whether anyone else has tried it and how it worked for them.

My vet always comments on how clean and white my dogs teeth are when they go in for annual check ups. I let them brush their own teeth by giving them bones (mostly raw chicken bones) on a regular basis. I can't see the point of brushing dogs teeth with any product. If you feed them the right stuff their teeth take care of themselves.

My vet always comments on how clean and white my dogs teeth are when they go in for annual check ups. I let them brush their own teeth by giving them bones (mostly raw chicken bones) on a regular basis. I can't see the point of brushing dogs teeth with any product. If you feed them the right stuff their teeth take care of themselves.

I agree- unless the dog has a problem and can't digest or chew bones etc. ... teeth used correctly are self-cleaning :thumbsup:

The 'scissoring'/chewing motion used in getting meat off the bone (NOT crunching thru bones) cleans the molars beautifully :thumbsup:

+

I agree- unless the dog has a problem and can't digest or chew bones etc. ... teeth used correctly are self-cleaning :thumbsup:

The 'scissoring'/chewing motion used in getting meat off the bone (NOT crunching thru bones) cleans the molars beautifully :thumbsup:

+

Second what you said about the digestion problem. We have a lot of dogs coming through at work that can't eat bones for medical reasons. Would this product be suitable for diabetics? I've recommended teeth-cleaning kongs until now...

That's fantastic for you sandgrubber! Any comments regarding the original post (oral gel) though?

If you feed them the right stuff their teeth take care of themselves.

Not always, espcially with swf's. Hence the term "Maltese mouth".

I know plenty of dogs who have a great diet and still get terrible teeth. A large percentage of my clients dogs have regular dentals as a good diet just doesn't cut it. My small dogs have always had good diets, but their teeth haven't always been brilliant. I used to brush my Saints teeth as quite a few certain teeth would get nasty build up.

In regards to the gel, one of my clients used an oral gel and her dogs gums started bleeding and got very sore. If I remember I will find out the name of the product this week. She has used pretty much every product available with no success.

I still brush my MS's teeth a few times a week. Just a tiny tiny bit of regular baking soda -- really tiny bit. I figured we use baking soda in our food so it will not be as toxic as most other sort of toothpastes we see.

If you feed them the right stuff their teeth take care of themselves.

Not always, espcially with swf's. Hence the term "Maltese mouth".

I know plenty of dogs who have a great diet and still get terrible teeth. A large percentage of my clients dogs have regular dentals as a good diet just doesn't cut it. My small dogs have always had good diets, but their teeth haven't always been brilliant. I used to brush my Saints teeth as quite a few certain teeth would get nasty build up.

In regards to the gel, one of my clients used an oral gel and her dogs gums started bleeding and got very sore. If I remember I will find out the name of the product this week. She has used pretty much every product available with no success.

Yes you can included pugs with the swf's. The make up of their mouths means that the scissoring action doesn't always mean the teeth self clean. I feed both of my pugs the same diet of bones and raw food. My male pugs teeth are fine whilst my female pug had to have teeth removed a year and a bit ago because of how little her mouth is, her teeth couldn't clean themselves.