Hip & Elbow Scores

Do any vets do it or are only certain vets equipped with the gear?

If only certain vets do it, does anyone know of a vet on the Sunshine Coast who does? Looking at getting Montu scored in a few months.

When we get our GSD's done we use the Clifford Park vets in Toowoomba even though we live in Cairns. They have a frame that the dog lies in to get the correct position & they will take xrays till they get the best one.

Not sure if every vet CAN do it, or has the equipment to, (I imagine all they need is an xray machine?) but I would only ever go to someone who'd been recommended, and who has had experience in xraying dogs specifically for hip scoring. As far as I know, correct positioning etc is vital for an accurate reading/scoring :thumbsup:

We did them at Currimundi Vet Surgery, Midol.

The Vet Karin is a perfectionist, so will only take good shots, to send away. Tell them you want Dr Wyburn to score them if you book in with them, as they only have the ANKC scoring paperwork, and one of the Vet Nurses will organise to get Wyburn's instaid.

-WithEverythingIAm

Not sure if every vet CAN do it, or has the equipment to, (I imagine all they need is an xray machine?) but I would only ever go to someone who'd been recommended, and who has had experience in xraying dogs specifically for hip scoring. As far as I know, correct positioning etc is vital for an accurate reading/scoring :rolleyes:

Any vet can take the Xrays.. There are those who are better at taking Xrays than others..

The Scoring is either done by the AVA in NSW or Dr Wyburn in WA. Most breeders I know use Wyburn as it is only one person scoring. More consistant.. Whereas the AVA is a panel and the panel can change..

There have been instances where the same Xrays have been sent to both groups and scores from one have been double or half of the other.