Nutro

piper

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently switched and my super fussy 10 year old is now cleaning up his bowl for the first time in his life. I have been on Pro Plan and Advance but he seems to much prefer the taste of this one and seems to be more lively too. He has even started trying to steal the other dogs food! Hope he continues to love it because I bought the big bag and I dont want to have to give it away because he changes his mind about it in a weeks time but it has been a month now so fingers crossed.

The recipe has been changed a bit to conform to Australian conditions but it is an amazing product and I am so pleased that I gave it a try.

Exaltare... can you please explain what you mean by "changed to conform to Australian conditions"?

The addition of corn protein is not understandable, nor does putting wheat into a previous wheat-free product make any sense.

Would really love some insight into this and a few other changes.

Sags

I have a brochure here that i picked up yesterday. Those that I can see that contain ground wheat are:

Large Breed Puppy chicken & rice formula

Large Breed Adult

Senior

Those that have (or also have) corn protein are:

Puppy chicken & rice formula

Large Breed Adult

The ones that are free of both are:

Chicken Rice and Oatmeal formula for adult dogs

Lamb & Rice formula for Adult dogs

Lite for overweight and less active dogs

I was thinking of trying the Adult Lamb and Rice again (but not sure now) as my dogs did very well on it before.

For those that have tried it again and either like or dislike, which one are you feeding?

I have a brochure here that i picked up yesterday. Those that I can see that contain ground wheat are:

Large Breed Adult

Senior

Those that have (or also have) corn protein are:

Puppy chicken & rice formula

Large Breed Adult

The ones that are free of both are:

Chicken Rice and Oatmeal formula for adult dogs

Lamb & Rice formula for Adult dogs

Lite for overweight and less active dogs

I was thinking of trying the Adult Lamb and Rice again (but not sure now) as my dogs did very well on it before.

For those that have tried it again and either like or dislike, which one are you feeding?

I got a bag of the lamb and rice. I certainly won't be buying it again though. I would rate it lower than Advance and certainly not on par with Royal Canin and Proplan. The dogs just aren't interested in it at all even the ones who are real pigs normally, they just leave it in the bowl which is unheard of here. I can understand why, it's just so bland.

Thanks for that, I think I'll stay with the Pro Plan Salmon.

It's a shame though that it's not as good anymore. When I first opened a bag of the US made Adult Lamb & Rice it smelled so good (like a Sunday roast) I could have eaten it myself :wave: Or perhaps that in itself speakes volumes about my cooking skills or lack thereof :laugh:

Cool, thanks Jules. I switched to Pro Plan Salmon as Pet Barn told me that Pro Plan Selects (which I went to after the Nutro/Aqis disagreement) was no longer being imported into Australia (perhaps it's only Pet Barn that are no longer getting it).

I have been feeding Bailey the chicken and rice formula for about a month now and have been surprisingly happy with it :shrug: He has pancreatitis and is very sensitive to foods, he is actually doing better on it then the Eagle Pack :laugh: It is so nice to find something made in AUS that works for him!!

Panda and Skye both had dandruffy skin on Artemis, so we bought a bag of Lamb and Rice, skin has started clearing.

We are also feeding Ziwipeak.

Cassie has been going through the I can't eat dry stage, but she wolfed down the Nutro :rofl:

Jazz, Jemma and Maddie also eat the Nutro with no fuss.

Benny I had lots of trouble getting the Selects down here. The bag I just got was discounted so I imagine that it is not going to be continued here either. It was stocked in Pet Stock but they claimed not to know how much it cost and I had to really argue with them to get them to sell it. So if it didn't take off it is not surprising!

• 3 weeks later...

We went back to feeding Monty Nutro Lamb & rice the day that it was available as he had done so well on it before the importing stopped... I had been very unhappy having to change from Nutro and started him on Nutrience Derma which he adjusted to well but didnt seem to be quite as good with his skin. Then we couldnt get Derma easily and had to order it in well in advance. Then when we heard that Nutro was back I was excited, and because we needed food our store actually had the supplier send us a bag ASAP before the store actually recieved the stock. Anyway I dont know what they have changed but we r just about to finish the 18kg bag and have noticed over the past few weeks that Monty has been having some dry spots and a few lumps in his skin :) His skin has always been sensitive but I dont ever remember him having any issues with the previous Nutro Lamb & rice. But now that we cant get Nutrience Derma easily and the Nutro doesnt appear to be as fantastic as i was last time, I am fighting the demons inside to go against all of my beliefs and try him on EVO... I desperately DO NOT want to support PP. I have called INNOVA in the US and are trying to see if there is any way that another company can import the EVO.