Pedi Paws

did anyone see the add for Global shop direct for the new "Pedi Paws" ??

What a joke, it is the worst add. It paints the picture to joe public on how bad it is to use nail trimmers on dogs, ( sitting still, cutting too far, splittng etc)

Then they bring this out. How in the world do they expect a dog that is not trained for a silent item (trimmers) to sit for this. ???? :idea:

In the first demo they talk about how calming it is for the dogs; the dog is almost in a headlock and cannot move if he wanted to. In other shots he is looking a little more comfortable but not much.

If someone cannot get a normal trim done, good luck using this. :laugh::laugh:

http://globalshopdirect.com.au/index.php?p...pedipaws.com.au

Edited by Colliewood

did anyone see the add for Global shop direct for the new "Pedi Paws" ??

What a joke, it is the worst add. It paints the picture to joe public on how bad it is to use nail trimmers on dogs, ( sitting still, cutting too far, splittng etc)

Then they bring this out. How in the world do they expect a dog that is not trained for a silent item (trimmers) to sit for this. ???? :rofl:

In the first demo they talk about how calming it is for the dogs; the dog is almost in a headlock and cannot move if he wanted to. In other shots he is looking a little more comfortable but not much.

If someone cannot get a normal trim done, good luck using this. :laugh::idea:

http://globalshopdirect.com.au/index.php?p...pedipaws.com.au

Was reading about this on another thread and it seems a few DOLers have bought it and it is useless. Saying that I don't use nail trimmers on my dogs but a pet dremel - dogs dont mind the noise (they actually fall asleep) and it is so quick and easy. People often comment on how nice my dogs nails look :laugh:

For the gullible ones (Like my Mother!) this is another

useless item for the cupboard or draw :laugh:

Let me see she has AbKingPro / Ped Egg / The Herb Garden

for kitchen bench! None are any good! The other day I

went to see her & she had bought the Pedi Paw! A truly

useless gadget very light weight and doesn't take a large nail

the barrel sanding tube is not high quality and new ones cost

a fortune & it won't take a standard sanding tube, her dog

hates to have his nails clipped & hates this thing even more!

At only 4 easy payment of $19.95 - That is $80 plus postage!

I paid $117 for a cordless Lithium Ion battery Dremel which

I use to do my dogs nails after I use the clippers.

Anyway there will always be customers for these "gadgets"

sadly my mum is one who will buy anything! :laugh:

we got one at work, just to try - they dont work well at all

I can not cut Atlas's nails, he goes nuts, my boss does it every few weeks, Atlas has to be muzzled and still goes nuts about it

i get the dremel, he sits still and lets me do it :laugh:

I actually only have a $13 wannabe dremel, bust $13 i ever spent!

You get what you pay for when it comes to a dremmel.

I would not recommend getting anything but a dremmel,

as they are the handiest tool for so many things around

the house. Best cordless drill in the world! :rolleyes:

I went for the top of the range cordless Lithium Ion battery

(can charge anytime without affecting battery memory)

it has multiple speeds and I find that level 4 is great for

doing the nails just with a barrel sanding roll. I do each

nail quickly (it can get hot if you do too much at once)

and then the next paw. I have gotten very long nails

back to show length by doing it weekly and gradually.

I have to say that my dog will let me do anything and

doesn't complain - whereas the bitch is an absolute bitch

and I feel like I have gone 10 rounds with Tyson when I

am finished her nails!!

A handy site for how to dremel is

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/dob...mel/dremel.html

ignore that it is for Dobermanns - the info is same for any

nail!

When you go to Bunnings shop around on line to see what

the best prices are and then get them to better it by 10%

Bunnings is great for that LOL - hence mine was $117 instead

of $140+ - gotta love that :eek:

I tried various cheap imitation dremels from Bunnings, but in the end went for the real deal :rolleyes: I bought mine of the internet, searched pet dremel and there was a tool store in Australia that sold them. They are currently on special for about $35 (about half the price I paid) :eek:

Don't really know if the "pet" dremel is any better than any other dremel (have heard a lot of people use the golf one), it basically comes with just the two size drums (small dog & big dog), whereas if you buy a standard dremel you can use the other attachments around the house.

Cool, i need a dremmel too. I saw the ad for the pedi paws and said to OH thats what i need for Roxy but i wasn't paying the ridiculous price and i don't particularly want a talking collar tag :eek::love: I'm going to Bunning this weekend and i shall purchase a dremmel :rolleyes: .

I bought the extras to go with it. To buy the drums separate was around $10 each but the blue box with all the attachments was only $40 so I go that instead. Also got the extension so I am not holding the unit while using grinding the dogs nails. Not sure how much that was but certainly is worth it. Like holding a fat pencil.

017.jpg

I bought the extras to go with it. To buy the drums separate was around $10 each but the blue box with all the attachments was only $40 so I go that instead. Also got the extension so I am not holding the unit while using grinding the dogs nails. Not sure how much that was but certainly is worth it. Like holding a fat pencil.

I bought the accessories box as well and I prefer the cordless version as you don't have to get tangles in the cord. I do like the look of the extention you have, although the unit I bought is just like a really fat pencil and not very noisy at all.

http://www.dremel.com/en-au/Tools/Pages/To...um-ion+Cordless

post-23719-1238660078_thumb.jpg

Happy dremelling :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Was that for the Pedi Paws?? I saw them at pet stores in the US for only $20. I was tempted to get one, but am glad i didn't if they are so bad.

Are the dremels actually made for doing dog nails or is it a hardware tool?

:rofl: Was that for the Pedi Paws?? I saw them at pet stores in the US for only $20. I was tempted to get one, but am glad i didn't if they are so bad.

Are the dremels actually made for doing dog nails or is it a hardware tool?

According to the instruction book it can be used for heaps of projects around the house. Ingraving, cutting, sanding and polishing, ect - aimed at small projects - craft ideas.

I have use it to cut out holes in 20 ltr shampoo containers for chook laying boxes, worked great.

They are also used by nail technicians for artificial nails - that is where I got the idea of using the extension with the unit.

I have seen the pedi paws for around $15 - it is junk.

I bought the accessories box as well and I prefer the cordless version as you don't have to get tangles in the cord. I do like the look of the extention you have, although the unit I bought is just like a really fat pencil and not very noisy at all.

post-23719-1238660078_thumb.jpg

Happy dremelling :rofl:

Hey tyra - snazzy hand sized Dremel you have there, could be tempted to get one of those if I "need" another one.

eta: Handy link that you posted - I see they have a few new products that could come in handy.

Edited by Andisa

Happy dremelling :rofl:

Hey tyra - snazzy hand sized Dremel you have there, could be tempted to get one of those if I "need" another one.

eta: Handy link that you posted - I see they have a few new products that could come in handy.

Yep that is the problem with tools I always "need" something :D

My Dremel gets used so often for all kinds of projects - the multi speed makes it a great drill and I have used it on my boat to cut through fibreglass when fitting new gadgets - can never have too many gadgets LOL.

[Are the dremels actually made for doing dog nails or is it a hardware tool?

Mine is actually a dedicated "pet dremel" so just comes with two drums and instructions.

Althouh I love it, in hindsight I would have been better off buying a standard cordless dremel and then being able to use it for other things when required.

Rijbiz - I had a look at some reviews of the specific pet dremel and the general consensus was that you may as well buy a normal dremel. Something to do with it being all plastic and poorer quality compared to the usual dremels. But I guess you would guess that considering the price comparison.

Edited by TerraNik

Cool, i need a dremmel too. I saw the ad for the pedi paws and said to OH thats what i need for Roxy but i wasn't paying the ridiculous price and i don't particularly want a talking collar tag :eek::eek: I'm going to Bunning this weekend and i shall purchase a dremmel :eek: .

I'll sell you mine if you like, it's been used once LOL

Has anyine actually read the instruction book for the Pedi Paws? Makes for an interesting read..tells you how to 'pin' your dog so it sits calmly for the filing and such. really doesn't create a great picture for the so called gentle trimmer.